The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PS4 DLC release?

I know there's other threads, but most of those threads don't really ask the burning questions. This one will.

They stated last Tuesday, (the 12th) that it was in certification. Which meant it went in on the 11th or the 12th. We are 10 full blown days past that.

I've been told by several people the certification wait is 10 days. But they mentioned "in the upcoming weeks" which implies 2 weeks at least. I'm just confused why they've told console players "you'll get this upcoming patch in the upcoming weeks" and left it alone.

I would love some sort of update on it. I understand that they've sent it, and that its out of their hands. I do. I get it. What I don't get is why we're being told "weeks" when the process is 10 days normally? I'm not being negative here. I love this forum and game.

I'm just getting anxious for sure. To be fair, the hype has fizzled out for me mostly. Maybe that is my fault for watching so many youtube videos of people playing the DLC on steam? I don't know. I play on PS4 and I'd like to check it all out.

I just wish we could get an update. This whole "you'll get it in a few weeks" stuff is kinda lame. I hope we snag it today. I also don't like waiting this long for it. What can they do? I don't know. PC players shouldn't have to wait for consoles, and consoles shouldn't have to wait this long for it...

So its an issue. All in all I'll be happy when it does drop. Just a DbD hardcore fan looking forward to the 1st update in 4 months.

Comments

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Well two different people have said they were told by ps support they only got the patch 5 days ago. I wouldn’t take it as fact but it’s interesting to say the least
  • Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311

Just hoping it's sooner rather than later, hoping on monday.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@ThePloopz said:
    Well two different people have said they were told by ps support they only got the patch 5 days ago. I wouldn’t take it as fact but it’s interesting to say the least

If this is true that is just ridiculous.

Send in for certification 10 days after you announce the release on PC?

What?????

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Also, the PS4 Tournament starts in 1 day right? I mean why start up a tournament before the biggest patch in DbD history is released?

Doesn't make any sense.

• ThePloopz
    edited June 2018

Also, the PS4 Tournament starts in 1 day right? I mean why start up a tournament before the biggest patch in DbD history is released?

Doesn't make any sense.

Hmm.... maybe there were complications with the patch and caused more delay than expected? That’s the only thing I can come up with
  • Dwight_Confusion

56 people to go in queue and I might find something out. Who knows.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    I know there's other threads, but most of those threads don't really ask the burning questions. This one will.

They stated last Tuesday, (the 12th) that it was in certification. Which meant it went in on the 11th or the 12th. We are 10 full blown days past that.

I've been told by several people the certification wait is 10 days. But they mentioned "in the upcoming weeks" which implies 2 weeks at least. I'm just confused why they've told console players "you'll get this upcoming patch in the upcoming weeks" and left it alone.

I would love some sort of update on it. I understand that they've sent it, and that its out of their hands. I do. I get it. What I don't get is why we're being told "weeks" when the process is 10 days normally? I'm not being negative here. I love this forum and game.

I'm just getting anxious for sure. To be fair, the hype has fizzled out for me mostly. Maybe that is my fault for watching so many youtube videos of people playing the DLC on steam? I don't know. I play on PS4 and I'd like to check it all out.

I just wish we could get an update. This whole "you'll get it in a few weeks" stuff is kinda lame. I hope we snag it today. I also don't like waiting this long for it. What can they do? I don't know. PC players shouldn't have to wait for consoles, and consoles shouldn't have to wait this long for it...

So its an issue. All in all I'll be happy when it does drop. Just a DbD hardcore fan looking forward to the 1st update in 4 months.

When they say upcoming weeks they may be talking about a week being 5 days (working week) so upcoming weeks would be 10 days, PSN doesn't normally update DLC until Mondays anyway so even if it was ready behind the scenes it wont show til then.

• TeambossFloze

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Also personally I don't expect this with future patches, but when you are implementing monitisation and a store into sony or Microsoft platform then i'd expect there to be a delay. You wont get this on PC because its the master race :D (I play on both console and pc)

• Dwight_Confusion

@TeambossFloze said:

When they say upcoming weeks they may be talking about a week being 5 days (working week) so upcoming weeks would be 10 days, PSN doesn't normally update DLC until Mondays anyway so even if it was ready behind the scenes it wont show til then.

Right, but we've gotten patches outside of Tuesdays in the past man.

So I don't know.

• TeambossFloze

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@Digwiid said:

im predicting Tuesday midday GMT

• TeambossFloze

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@TeambossFloze said:

Right, but we've gotten patches outside of Tuesdays in the past man.

So I don't know.

Lets just wait and see, find a diff game for the time being..hell watch the world cup :D

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    ThePloopz said:
    lol, what? 

Is this why BHVR is saying “weeks” when the patch process is 10 days max, because they didn’t even send it in until like a week after PC got it? 

Id never question the ability of BHVR to be incompetent, but that’s a level I don’t believe.
  • Dwight_Confusion

Yeah I have been playing other games. The context is being 10 days out...

And I am watching the world cup

;)

Big sports fan here. Iceland and Nigeria drawing would help Argentina... but I hope Iceland seals the deal and scores.

• Dwight_Confusion

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:
    ThePloopz said:

lol, what? 

Is this why BHVR is saying “weeks” when the patch process is 10 days max, because they didn’t even send it in until like a week after PC got it? 

Id never question the ability of BHVR to be incompetent, but that’s a level I don’t believe.

They said "weeks" which might of meant two 5 day weeks.

Who knows.

• ItsJoel13
    ItsJoel13 Member Posts: 6

@Digwiid said:

Be patient, make sure you save your bloodpoints for that sweet survivor! The perks look OP! Really can't wait to see everyone running around with Dwight!

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz said:
    lol, what? 

“I’d never question the ability of BHVR to be incompetent..” 😭😭well then
  • Dwight_Confusion

Yeah, I have like 900 shards. I'm trying to hang on so I'll have a step up for some cosmetics lol

• Dwight_Confusion

This is what was stated. Not much help at all.

Me: I play Dead by Daylight. They have a large, important patch that is overdue. I was wanting to check in with that 2.0.0 patch the released for certification 10 days ago.

Me: Behaviour Interactive is the company. Dead by Daylight is the game.

Me: It was sent for certification 10 full days ago on the 11th or 12th of June. I just wanted to check to see when it was sent and when it might be released please.

Robert: Hello Robert, Nice to meet you! I'm sorry for the wait time, it has being a busy day.

Me: No worries. I just hope I can get a answer and concrete info.

Robert: I understand you are looking for information on the update of a game Robert but keep in mind that we work with the console and PSN Accounts, games are designed by game developers, third party companies that work with several gaming platforms. In this case Starbreeze Publishing AB is the publisher of the game and they are the ones that will release the update of the game. I know you have been waiting for a long time and you just want to play the game as soon as possible. I will report the delay to my superiors so we can check this with the game developer. I'm sure they will be posting any information related to the game on their official support site.

Robert: You could also try to contact them directly to get more information on the release date for the update.

• ThePloopz
    Wait I thought Starbreeze wasn’t involved with the game anymore 
  • Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

Robert: You could also try to contact them directly to get more information on the release date for the update.

You should have replied “#########, this is BHVR” right there.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

I hope so, I heard the company bought the game for themselves so they could make the changes they wanted, without catering to business-only models that a publisher would like. This would allow them to do all sorts of great things with the game, and be able to share their plans with players instead of keeping everything secret.

• ThePloopz
    Amanda55 said:

@ThePloopz said:

Your right they Aren't with Starbreez anymore.

On the ps4 it still says starbreeze is the publisher under the games icon. So they haven’t been updated on this game at all it seems.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Maybe BHVR should hire you.
  • Dwight_Confusion

@fcc2014 said:
    Dwight_Confusion said:

lol

I have lots of great objective ideas.

It was a letdown that I couldn't find anything out.

I was hoping for a "they sent it in for cert X day... " etc

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@fcc2014 said:
    Dwight_Confusion said:

lol

I have lots of great objective ideas.

It was a letdown that I couldn't find anything out.

I was hoping for a "they sent it in for cert X day... " etc

Thanks for trying.
  • Wicked_Django
    Wicked_Django Member Posts: 128
    ThePloopz said:
    Exactly which is why asking support anything is useless
  • Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Read the other threads. Soon.

• Dwight_Confusion

Yeah I told them they were bought out by BeHaviour when I spoke with them, in hopes that would help the matter.

Nothing. Brick wall.

• mike2835
    mike2835 Member Posts: 83
    From my understanding from past chapters they can't give a specific date in case it fails the certification process and behavior has to fix something and resend the patch for certification again 
  • EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    please....everyone....just stfu already.
  • Dwight_Confusion

All I know is that more than likely the PS4 tourney will start... and the chapter won't be out...

yikes

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    you will survive somehow. 
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    edited June 2018

@Lowbei said:

Yeah I'll survive. So don't throw your pity party at me.

I've been a very positive in this forum and very factual. And I didn't open my mouth much at all until 9 days into this wait.

So chill it kiddo.

awwww.

get a pc and this wont be a problem “kiddo”
  • DekuKunn
    DekuKunn Member Posts: 19
    Amanda55 said:

@Lowbei said:
    Dwight_Confusion said:

@Lowbei said:

Yeah I'll survive. So don't throw your pity party at me.

I've been a very positive in this forum and very factual. And I didn't open my mouth much at all until 9 days into this wait.

So chill it kiddo.

awwww.

get a pc and this wont be a problem “kiddo”

I can tell you this , if we got the patch before pc and you guys had to wait this long you would be singing a diffrent tune than you are right now so Please Stfu PC trash

How do i marry you blessed hero? Ty for telling them the truth 
  • Dwight_Confusion

Silly millennials

• DRAGOON
    DRAGOON Member Posts: 126

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    All I know is that more than likely the PS4 tourney will start... and the chapter won't be out...

yikes

Maybe good for the competitors since pallet vacuum's will still be a thing and clown isn't allowed so its no biggie.

• ThePloopz
    Why does lowbei’s avatar have a jail symbol on it?
  • ThePloopz
    All those abuse flags finally caught up to him I guess
  • Noodle
    Noodle Member Posts: 103

I've got nothing against him personally, he never came at me or offended me in any way so it's whatever. Actually I'm surprised he was the first one I'm seeing to be banned/suspended. Figured it would be someone else.

• ThePloopz
    edited June 2018
    Noodle said:

I've got nothing against him personally, he never came at me or offended me in any way so it's whatever. Actually I'm surprised he was the first one I'm seeing to be banned/suspended. Figured it would be someone else.

I’m not surprised I’ve read some of his comments on others posts and some of his discussions he made and I’m not gonna lie some of his stuff gave me a chuckle now and then
    Post edited by ThePloopz on