We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Patch 6.1.0 ptb distortion perk question

So the patch notes were released today and I see that distortion got nerfs added to its new state in the ptb right now. Why did we lose max stacks from 4 to 3. My other question is why if a killer is running lethal persurer why does distortion lose 2 whole stacks From the start of the game. With the timer being 11 seconds and distortion only blocking 10 that means it losing 2 stacks. I understand that there's a way to regain stacks. But what's the point of me running the perk if I don't get maximum ability to use it to its fullest.

Comments

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Because they changed perks without giving them much tought so now the glaring flaws their changes have are starting to show.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,973

Wait they Nerfed it to 3 stacks again?????

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,762
  • calamitybear
    calamitybear Member Posts: 7

Yes you can regain tokens but why is it that the devs are allowing lethal persurer to take 2 stacks from the beginning of the match. 30 seconds in a terror radius isn't helping the game progress. I'd rather have to do a gen to get my stacks back. Then be around a killer. I use distortion for blocking my aura for saves or finishing gens.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Unlimited aura blocking is so strong, I don't care if it's three or four tokens. That's crazy.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Ok I haven't used it as survivor, but I did a semi-aura build on plague just now. Lethal persuer, black incense (see auras when they vomit) and a brown one (see auras when they cleanse)

One survivor had distortion and I legit did not see her aura once. So idk if she'd been following me around the map or what but she got some value from it

• HectorBrando
    edited June 2022

That build is not so great for aura reading unless you puke on him from second 1, Lethal consumes 1 token and thats it, if you puked on him the stacks would be chomped on less than 20 seconds, you cant regain them that fast to overcome the nonstop vomit reveal, which is the problem with Distortion, the effect is great but we are so used to only having to deal with BBQ than we forget how fast other aura reveal things trigger.

Myers with the "Reveal aura at EW1/EW2" can eat the 4 stacks in no time and it isnt the only thing, Undying, Darkness Revealed, Nurse's Calling etc.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,798
  • GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Doesn't it not consume another token until the 10 seconds of blocking have passed? So you are already halfway back to another token if you stay in the terror radius (for EWII anyways. You won't be getting tokens back against a Scratched Mirror Myers).

• HectorBrando
    edited June 2022

I havent tried it but I assume it only charges out of chase, same as other perks, if someone can confirm/deny it would be great, and yes, you can only eat another charge after 10 seconds have elapsed but if you are in a chase he only needs to stalk you for 1 second again to trigger another one, as I said, the effect of Distortion is good, its just 3/4 charges are too little for how easy is to lose them outside of BBQ procs, even if you can regain 1 every 30 seconds you are in TR.

Also there is the thing if you are not using any aura reading Distortion is useless, one of the things that make meta perks so good right now is how reliable they are, IW, Spine Chill, DH/SB etc are always there, you will get value out of them almost always, while nonmeta perks tend to be niche, sometimes you dont get to use them or they need conditions sometimes you cant get etc.