hillbilly feels horrible and worthless to play

Options

i started playing him because i wants all 3 of his perks as teachables and ive never played a killer that feels this bad. His power is imo one of the worst in the game. Maybe im just mad but the raw lack of control in using it is irritating beyond belief.

It takes forever to rev the chainsaw up warning survivors your about to use it, giving them more than enough time to get to a tile and when you do use it. you cant move in any helpful way. all a survivor has to do is move to the left or the right or to one of the tiles every 20 feet and they are safe.

Comparing him to bubba, i see not one thing about him that has any greater value than what bubba provides other than if your on a wide open map you can get to the other side fast. Bubba far stronger and provides actual control with his power. Unless a survivor is deaf and not looking back it feels his power will never work against survs. I hate that I have to spend time with this guy so I can level him up to get his perks and then never touch him again.

Just had to rant a bit thanks.

Comments

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 613
    edited June 2022
    Options

I love hillbilly and honestly think he has more potential than buba but he can defnitely be very frustrating to play and if you're not used to him he can feel like one of the worst killers in the game, just takes a bit of practise but the payoff is extremely rewarding IMO. There's no shame in finding him hard as nails to play, I struggled with him until I got shadowborn for him, it makes a HUGE difference.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Maps have been particularly dirty to Hillbilly and he can be more successful then Bubba but it requires so much effort I can’t blame someone for declining to try

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,620
    Options

Billy is actually quite fun to play. This is what I say now, because I know that in a few weeks I will hate him and never want to touch him again. Followed by a phase where I have to play Billy for a Daily and have a super-fun game with him...

However, he is not a Killer you pick and be good with. For starters, just try to use the Chainsaw for mobility without hitting anything and try to use it only when you are right on the Survivor. This will give you a feel for the general Chargetime and handling of the Chainsaw.

Using it from far away does not work most of the time if the Survivor is able to go left or right since your turning is very limited.

• HexPleaseLetMeSpeak
    HexPleaseLetMeSpeak Member Posts: 276
    Options

Honestly if they just added the ability to flick it would be fine, but literally someone can be running in a straight line in the open and if they literally just take a hard turn left and right, you PHYSICALLY can't turn fast enough on billy. So then you have to play a prediction game which any killer that I need to predict 90% of the time when I'm doing something, is complete garbage. It's literally just a guessing game.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

I like Hillbilly because he gives me an excuse to do a silly voice.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Options

The classic case of "take a popular killer, change their core rules to make them objectively worse in game and less fun to play, watch the number of active killers go down." Right up there with Spirit, Deathslinger, and Freddy.

"Fun to play" and "rewarding to use" are never the questions on the balance team's mind. It all comes down to numbers. How many new players are dying to a given killer. How many influencers are screaming about 'counterplay,' 'boring,' 'oppressive,' or any other of the go-to buzzwords people use to sidestep making an articulate argument. How many killer players are they willing to lose if they gut somebody's favorite to make the game that much easier for survivors.

It's pretty miserable.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,192
    Options

Billy isn't miserable but they definitely should bring the old billy back, hands down one of the biggest mistakes BHVR has ever made was nerfing Billy, the whole community was pretty much in agreement that it was unnecessary and unwanted, the only thing that should've changed was insta saw being nerfed

• JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562
    Options

Hillbilly is my go to killer when i play lol, i think he is insanely fun to play and learn and i get consistent 4k's with billy.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

Where you one of the billy mains back in 2017 when 19/20 matches was against Billy lmao. I played back then and I love going against Billy's. They are so skilled, but very respectful. As a ps4 player billy is tough for me, but I love playing him

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,181
    edited June 2022
    Options

Watch out for his Krapps!

But yeah anyway, Billy was so good. You never go against him anymore and it's so sad. Billy is why thus game is right now, because Billy was the helping hand killers needed to go through 2017 double pallets, infinites, insta heals, etc. And it was actually fun to play against them as survivor

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited June 2022
    Options

Actually picked him up after the nerf, I joined later, it was rough but he felt cool enough so I kept going through the struggles on Xbox One S.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

Yeah fun when you learn him but then you got people that know his counterplay for both curving and normal billy and it just becomes a nightmare to play.

• Pokino
    Pokino Member Posts: 81
    Options

I'm not saying hillbilly wouldn't need some adjustments, but please... please... not again with "I don't know how to play a killer so please buff it".

• DY86
    DY86 Member Posts: 570
    Options

U just started playing him bro hahaha U think you’d be automatically good? Billy has a high skill ceiling tbh. But he does need a few tweaks, the overheating mechanics is one of them.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,278
    Options

Hillbilly is my favorite killer to go against, so I really hope his overheat gets reverted so more people are willing to learn him!