Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killer & Survivor Streamers

M4dBoOmr
M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
edited July 2022 in General Discussions

I was wondering why most dbd Streamers fit into those two categorys

(I am Talking about those who I know)

most Killer Mains :

Informative, mostly Calm, funny, respectfull vs survivors who don't act like A#@hats

most Survivor Mains :

"Funny" Sounds, Children's Music, weird cuts, effects, talking like a clown, "oink oink" downtalking the baby killers, making fun of them when they miss a hit, bulling new or bad killers until they quit etc.

I have the feeling generally Killer Streamers are more mature and are playing a Game, trying out good perks combos etc (of course there are exceptions) and an awful lot of Survivor Streamer main content is bulling Killers and making them look bad. it's not about how they can win the game its about how to ruin the game for the killer player, completly smash his ego while making "funny" jokes

Comments

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,610

This would assume one knows most killer and survivor mains.

I only know a few and they aren't immature. (Granted, I've discarded the immature ones pretty fast and I easily forget irrelevant individuals.)

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2022

It is telling isn't it? I watch tons of yt DBD vids while working and I have never seen killer mains make vids the way surv mains do.

the constant yelling alone, like they use yelling to cover up their bad plays or something meanwhile killers making educational level vids.

Ive always said, killers are more PVP survs are more like PVE, they dont consider you an opponent, you are a buffoon boss they want to cheese

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,328

I'm quite curious who they are then, because the streamers I watch regardless of the role they're maining, are respectful. Do they get frustrated or cuss at some times? Yes, but overall they're mostly wholesome.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don’t know if killer and survivor streamers are much different in terms of their funny noises or whatever, but I do know some killer streamers comment about how they think killer gameplay is overall more fun for the audience to watch than survivor gameplay since survivors have a lot more downtime where they’re just on a hook or dying or on a generator. Which implies streamers who play survivor probably like to spice up the downtime with additional talk or banter or whatever.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

It's because survivor is boring as ######### so you have to spice it up by treating your opponent like ######### and talking trash the entire time

• M4dBoOmr
    edited July 2022

Yes I bet there are, yet I don't see them whenever I see/find Survivor Videos/Streams it's always the same

no need to name&shame its just that my general impression is that when yt shows me killer videos I get very mature informative sometimes funny (not because he makes fun of bad survivors) videos

and then I get survivor videos with anime/meme and supermario music & jump sounds when a pallet drops while maniacally laughing and clicking flashlights

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,226

Different things are going to grow a channel on killer or survivor. Nobody is going to tune in to watch good survivor play. It's positioning and game sense at a high level. Not a ton of looping. People want to see flashlight plays, 360s, etc., and the type of person to play that way is generally going to have a louder personality.

• WeirdlyBearded
    WeirdlyBearded Member Posts: 147

I play both while streaming on twitch. As killer im more focused as survivor im waaay more chaotic. I could never bully anyone. I literally tell killers and survivors i love them after the match is over

• HauntedKnight
    HauntedKnight Member Posts: 388

Watching efficient (in regards to finishing gens) survivor gameplay is incredibly boring. Hence the need to spice it up a bit.

No matter what anybody tries to claim playing survivor is much more simple and way more chill. Whether bad, good or somewhere in the middle killers always have something going on. So long as they’re not freaking out killer streamers will always have naturally more interesting content due to the nature of the game. Survivors have to manufacture good content and then oversell it with sound effects and visual cues etc.

• Gladonos
    Gladonos Member Posts: 392

"most Killer Mains :

Informative, mostly Calm, funny, respectfull vs survivors who don't act like A#@hats

most Survivor Mains :

"Funny" Sounds, Children's Music, weird cuts, effects, talking like a clown, "oink oink" downtalking the baby killers, making fun of them when they miss a hit, bulling new or bad killers until they quit etc."

Interesting observation. But it's actually more like this:

most Survivor Mains :

"Funny" Sounds, Children's Music, weird cuts, effects, talking like a clown, "oink oink" downtalking the baby killers, making fun of them when they miss a hit, bulling new or bad killers until they quit etc."

"most Killer Mains :

I'm entitled to a 4k, they are clearly cheating, they are abusing exploits, they are overpowered, gens go too fast, they are abusing unfair perks, they are a SWF, lol look how bad that survivor is for going down so fast I should tunnel him out of the game cuz he sucks, OMFG I can't catch this guy obviously this game is just broken and survivor favored"

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

I've watched quite a few Twitch streamers over the years, some on Youtube, and heck I even had a few pop up from Facebook Gaming which I don't mess with generally. I've seen maturity and immaturity on both sides. I just make a mental note of who not to bother with once I see a lot of unwarranted negativity pop up.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    edited July 2022

It is a mistake to treat either as a monolith.

Edit:

I must be immature because I found this, both as a standalone and as a parody, hysterical.

• M4dBoOmr

Ahhhh exactly, that's what I am talking about and since somebody made actually a video about that it seems my observations were not that wrong

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I only really enjoyed it as a parody...

But pretty much all the comments just liked it in general so you're not alone 😂

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063
    edited July 2022

It's the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire theme when Sadako checks around the pallet that really does it for me. Way too real. 🤣

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,226

Pretty much. A legit top tier survivor is a 50/50 mix between an omega stealth gen gremlin survivor and a god runner. The killer will actually see them once per game, probably after 2 or 3 gens, and that one chase will last forever with every pallet dropped super early. What people imagine top tier survivor play to be (super long loops at a single tile, jukes, flashlights) tends to be very different from the reality.

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464

Must dbd survivor centered streamers are very annoying and always give excuses on to why they were downed or lost, like Probzz, who constantly mocks in a sarcastic and ironic tone the killer and gives excuses when he loses or gets downed by the killer, same with Ayrun (altough he had played a lot of killer and has experience), but Ayrun is reducing the salt he used to display. Zubat gets mad when he gets slugged for the 4k and also gives excuses when downed ("i did this play because the other play was boring"), all of these streamers (most survivor streamers) just whine and in general are very dislikeable.