Comments

• c0gnu5
    c0gnu5 Member Posts: 70
    Options

I'm happy that bp bonuses are gone, now I have 4 perk slots instead of 3

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I'm honestly not that sad that the rarer addons are actually going to be rarer

A big reason because a lot of iri's have been gutted was because they were so common

With Huntress in the past who only had iri hatchets it was very doable to have one almost every match

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239
    Options

As a player you should,unless you like being treated bad.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I don't concider it being treated bad at all.

Especially seeing how it's the same for both sides

It's not a bad thing we are going to see the strongest thing on each side less.

Maybe you'll see the niche addons from time to time now

• ZVom
    ZVom Member Posts: 199
    Options

Completely dumb design to be honest.

This is actually very right - everyone felt like picking WGLF or BBQ is a must if you wanted to progress - People who didnt pick BBQ were:

1. those who wanted to test particular build that ddin't consist of BBQ (so they were single time non-BBQ users)
    2. those who didnt care about progression
    3. those unaware of BBQ's existance (mainly newbies; once someone realizes BBQ is there then he will consider it a must)
    4. those who had everything unlocked

I agree that certain perk being necessary to pick due to game design is a really bad idea, but removing the part of the perk people considered and calling it "a brilliant idea" and then spreading misleading propaganda is seriously not good.

Why not add the perk's "necessary" part to the base kit then just like you did with BT?

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Also even with "incentive" it's normal to get much less BP when playing survivor btw.

• Cryptikk
    Cryptikk Member Posts: 396
    Options

Exactly what I was wondering, they didn't improve the grind, just pissed almost everyone off.

• itsPina
    itsPina Member Posts: 91
    Options

To anyone wondering why they devs haven't responded to the new spreadsheet... It's the weekend. Keep in mind I doubt they respond when the week begins but they def ain't responding today.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options

They don't need to respond.

If you cannot do basic math, they cannot help you.

• Cryptikk
    Cryptikk Member Posts: 396
    Options
  • adamkad1
    adamkad1 Member Posts: 2
    Options

This sounds like a load of bull but whatever. People didnt care what WGLF or BBQ did. They only took it because it gave BP. And thats bad design. Having people take a perk just because it offers a very specific boost that doesnt help you in a match whatsoever

• c0gnu5
    Options

Not for the same thing, since this patch will reduce grind.

BP bonuses in perks is simply bad design.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

BBQ & Chili is a serviceable perk without the BP boost. WGLF I'll grant you.

• c0gnu5
    Options

I play mostly killer and I don't really care for addons, less will be still enough for me and I will save a lot of BP's thanks to this patch

• c0gnu5
    Options

I will have all perks on new killer imidiately, and I won't have to go through 6 x 28 bloodwebs to unlock new perks on others. Personally I can't wait

• c0gnu5
    Options

Oh, my bad, i thought this thread is for discussion, but turns out it's for crying. My bad

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 429
    Options

I don't understand the change on the perk, even if you reduce grind, you STILL need to grind a lot to get what you want. Do they really think the people that only have time to play 3 hours a day will actually be happy without bonus points? Hell, even people that got some free time suffer from these changes.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Developers don't respond to posts that often because it only makes things worse. No matter what they say, you will be upset. So why even try?

• Mavericks
    Mavericks Member Posts: 89
    Options

Removing the bonus to the BP from the perks is a big mistake. The game won't get any happier with this change. It's only going to get worse. Make a bonus to the BP with a basic kit or increase the points limit to 16,000

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,645
    Options

According to the PTB, all my killers will be fine for the new system, too, but like you said, it's a grind for new people, for sure.

General question for anyone:

I may have missed it, but if I have Survivor X's teachable from The Shrine, do I need to get them to P2 to get Tier 2 for everyone or will Tier 1 unlock the next Tier (Tier 2) in this scenario (confusing, I know, haha).

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

I don't understand how the change is making the game worse when even the spread sheets provided show it reduces the grind quite a bit. And the spread sheets don't even take into account the priority que bonus. So yeah, you are just whining to whine, and devs are over it. Congrats, you played yourselves.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378
    Options

It's true, the grind was actually increased not decreased.

• ZVom
    Options

The Fee can stay. It's role in the entire problem is minor to none. Removal of bonus BP is. Even if you earn ~20k each match and get 3/4 stacks it's still whopping 15k BP/match LOST.

The fee can stay, bring back bonus BP

• ZVom
    Options

I am so crazily disappointed. I'm disappointed and tired of stupidity of the devs during balancing. My god you have no idea how your own game works. You have no idea of UX or QoL. I legitimately have no clue how could anyone aware of DBD's economy stand up during the daily (I guess you're utilizing scrum during development) and say "Let's cut the grind and remove BP bonus). That simply blows my mind.

Should I expect to hear "We've done pretty good job so far" after the patch goes live? I'm literally about to lose my mind.

I do apologize for that rant-post. I just can't help myself when I see this game being gutted and made newbie-hostile.

• Pracix
    Pracix Member Posts: 19
    Options

Just want to add-in. While it did make my grind significantly shorter with all of my killers at P3 and P2 level 50. It also changes another fundamental thing.

It means my grind with killer is over and just flattens my progression. Therefore making the game more unfun to play over-all as I would be playing to level up random survivors I don't really use or for more add-ons which is going to get harder to find now too.

Over-all, it just shifts things around in not a good way and only thing it adds is that all my killers get to try any build I want now instead of me having to earn it through progression.

You really needed to add actual progression incentives and charms with perk icons ain't it.