Is spine chill, Iron will, Self-care nerf is justified? Thoughts?

konochivu
konochivu Member Posts: 146

In my opinon Self-care, Spine chill, Iron will got the short end of the stick while gen time was increased (and most gen regression perk left untouched). For example they could've go either with A. Making Iron will not work with exhaustion or B. Having only 25/50/75 but work with exhaustion perks; Spinechill A. light up only when killer actually sees you or B. nerf loop potential. Instead of that they went for both and ultimately butchered those perks just like they did with Billy.

Comments

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
  • sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

Yes but they went too far with selfcare.

Only issue with selfcare was stacking it with other healing. Instead they made it impossible to use without other healing perks by making it extremely slow.

IW and spine chill on the other hand, yes, absolutely deserved to be nerfed.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

No, they went overkill.

Self care was already mediocre and only ok to use in solo q, nerfed into crap.

Iron Will should have been fixed so breathing noises worked all the time instead of being silenced. If they wanted to make it from 100% to 75%, sure. But + not working when exhausted? Overkill.

Spine Chill only needed to deactivate when killers are undetectable, but instead, they butchered it too and now HoH and deaf people cant use it either.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I don't understand some nerfs. If we want people to stop using some perks, it's probably better to change them completely.

Self-Care wasn't good before to me, but now, it's literally useless. Spine Chill? Why not making it not working against Undetectable? OK for the remove of the vault speed, but some people needed it to play. I'm thinking about the ones with difficulties to hear.

Iron Will... I'm starting to learn Spirit, so... Yes, I'm kind of glad it got nerfed. But to this point? Hell. It's even more useless than Self-Care. OK to remove the silent thing. It was bugged for too long with the breath sound. But... I don't know. Someone had an idea I liked (but I don't remember who said that): being silent for X seconds while crouching if injured. If you wanna play stealthy, it's still useful.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

All 3 being nerfed was justified. How all 3 were nerfed was unjustified.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

Self-Care needs to just be deleted from the game, one perk makes everyone in the match miserable.

Spine Chill definitely needed the nerf, whats the point of a horror game with stealth killers if the moment the stealth killers try to use their stealth powers they alert the survivor to their location and they also receive a vault bonus on top?

I never understood the reasoning behind wanting to nerf Iron Will. Stealth already is nearly impossible with the myriad of Killer Instinct and aura reading abilities. If you want to spot an Iron Will survivor, play Legion, Nemesis, Oni, Plague, Doctor, The Cenobite (chains will point out the direction of IW survivor and they are also audible),

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

How else would you get people to not use them as much?

• Entinaty
    Entinaty Member Posts: 165

Regarding SC that is an issue that the game itself should address and leaving a perk unchanged that did so much for no cost.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

Spine chill - yes and no. Honestly, if Undetectable killers were immune, I'd say the perk is perfect. But as it stands, the perk was effectively butchered.

Iron Will - Yes. Straight up, yes.

Self Care - No.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Justified or not, these changes leave a bad taste in my mouth because they mainly nerf us solo queue players. Good SWFs don’t use Spine Chill or Self Care. Even Iron Will was overshadowed by DS/UB/DH/BT/Adrenaline/Soul Guard.

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464

Iron will was not a bad nerf, DS got a NEEDED nerf to make it balanced, survivor buffs were too much and killer neefs more buff as addons are made into basekit

• Jeromy137
    Jeromy137 Member Posts: 348

I think iron will was nerfed a little to much 75% was to much 90% would have been just fine

Spine chill was to rough for multiple reasons to the point that it is almost a dead perk now

Self care they should just make it base kit with slightly increased healing with the perk while removing the efficiency to item bonus

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

My gut says perk variety is a good thing. Perks should be especially helpful if you think about your builds and combine perks that compliment each other. You can no longer be the jack of all trades every match. In some matches, you will have the wrong perks for the opposition you face. That is ok. That is the gamble.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Nope, not in the slightest. The nerfed already bad perks or balanced perks into unplayable ones.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Spinechill- needed the change

Ironwill- needed the change

Selfcare- meh, healing speeds in general have almost destroyed hit & run

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,373

Ironwill yes spinechill yes selfcare not the speed

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

Spine Chill is one of those perks where no matter how you nerfed it, it'd be garbage. After all, the only reason people ran it was either due to the lack of accessibility options for hearing (those of whom are a minority for this game), to hard-counter stealth killers or for a vault speed build.

Iron Will needed a small nerf, and the exhaustion side of it just seems silly. It would've been fine to just reduce it to 95%, which would've effectively been silent but still allowed Spirit to actually be playable.

Self-care didn't need to be gutted like that, and now it's only encouraged people to substitute it with CoH or Medkits. The item efficiency could've been removed and nobody would bat an eye, but to completely gut the perk was just needless.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

Spine Chill deserved it, a single perk that takes C tier Killers and makes them D tier should NOT exist, period. Blame BHVR for not catering to the hard of hearing, the game balance shouldn't be ruined because they haven't bothered to help those with disabilities play their game. But it shouldn't have worked if the Killer is undetectable, that would have been a better change.

Iron Will was never a fair perk, hearing is a pivotal mechanic for Killers and taking that away for no cost is just ridiculous. But I personally would have made it last 1 minute, like Lucky Break.

Self Care was a meme perk and them nerfing it again is just dumb.

• MrCalac123

Spine Chill shouldn't work on undetectable Killers. A single perk shouldn't ruin half of or even their ENTIRE kit.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,661

I think most people used spine chill to make it easier to pre leave generators and hide before the killer reaches the generator. It didn't matter if it was a stealth killer, because many killers wouldn't crabwalk for 37 meters to every generator, so spine chill would very often let you know if the killer was moving towards your generator.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

All I’m hearing is that undetectable should grant killers free hits, downs, and grabs; and survivors should have no perk option to counter it. Not just undetectable killers, but the likes of Tinkerer, Trail of Torment, etc. Could’ve just made it that Spine Chill is disabled while killers are actively stalking, in the case of Ghost Face and Myers.

At least Tinkerer is getting a deserved nerf while still being viable. Spine Chill is dead.

• MrCalac123
    edited July 2022

Considering without Stealth, Killers like Wraith and Ghostface go from barely usable to just actual garbage, yeah.

Paying attention isn't hard, Spine Chill is used because it's free. It does nothing to help you against Killers like Blight (without Tinkerer) or Nurse.

But thank GOD you countered Sadako and Dredge, the real best Killers! They have it FAR too good.

• konochivu

It's the dev's fault that other perks are being outshinned by the meta. Since when you saw someone using peble, autodidact, wake up, poised, buckle up..... (I can go on at this point) in a serious game? None, these perk are trash and have no use hence why people used meta in the first place but all BHVR did is they buffed camping and gen time for killers + butchered some perks completely to the ground. If behaviour wanted they could've easily buff premolition to do something similar to how pre-nerf spine chill works/nerf one part of the spine chill and not everything at the same time.

• Nikatara69
    Nikatara69 Member Posts: 273

Yeah, now survivors job will be just die and please killer, got it... But all those changes are waste...

• Ksekwlothreftis
    Ksekwlothreftis Member Posts: 63

I mean stop jerking the IW nerf so much. Even with the 75% decrease there are survivors like Ace and Yui who are almost completely silent. People completely ignore the fact that when a killer chases a survivor there is music playing which further conceals the survivors' sounds. The nerf is 100% deserved since IW made most loops completely busted since u couldnt mindgame them as killer

• konochivu

Oh great so now I'm forced to use certain survivor to just get the value out of 1 perk that is already gonna be bad after update drops, nice. Don't forget it's not only IW I'm complaining about.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Iron Will - I saw video testing this new change and it was still quite hard to find that Survivor.

Spine Chill - Dead perk

Self-Care - On Its own unplayable

• Ksekwlothreftis
    Ksekwlothreftis Member Posts: 63

Of the record gives IW effect after unhooking so you wont care anyways.

People where already using these survivors, u just havent caught up yet