Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Myers running out of stalk.

Hey devs can we do something about this or we gonna keep Myers as the only killer that can run out of his power. Outdated and stupid. Just got harsh screwed over by this as I had 2 survivors fully juiced out and I couldn't do anything at end game because I couldn't power up to make the dash to the gate interesting.

While we are at it, he needs major base kit buff. Do what you will with his tombstone add ons but man this is annoying that Myers never gets a look over when most of the community knows he needs it.

Comments

• GiveMeTheBox
    GiveMeTheBox Member Posts: 331

Agreed, I always thought it was stupid that his power could just run out like that

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

It's pretty dumb if you discount pig using her rbts I'm pretty sure myers is the only killer in the game that can permanently not have a power

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Myers is still a product of his time. A very simple power that worked when the game was still hide and seek.

I'd say Tombstone Piece probably inflates his killrates. Which, if what BHVR said is true, were below what they wanted. More so, I think other killers were in a worse state than him. Legion, Ghost Face, Bubba. I'd even say the Twins are in a current worse state. They're more powerful, but also much more unhealthy.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,213

Yeah, Evil should really replenish slowly over time so he never runs out.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

If you run out of stalk, you did something seriously wrong, so whats the issue? Its like an Oni that cant hit anyone.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772

I played nice killer and had everyone on death hook pretty much. Last gen popped and 2 out of the 4 survivors were fully juiced out and a 3rd survivor closed to fully juiced.

Another game where not tunneling or camping causes a 4 man escape loss.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I don't think its a big issue as it forces you to be smart about how you use your power, especially when you have tombstone addons.

If there was a change then a very gradual (I stress very gradual) build up again on survivors who reached full.

This only triggers after survivors have full stalk depleted and pauses in chase or if stalked within the last 1-2mins.

Prevents the potential for just infinitely draining survivors of stalk but still removes the scenario where you are outa stalk on all the survivors left and now have no power.

Again not really necessary but if they were to make changes then something this subtle would probably be enough.

I say this as a rather big fan of Myers whom plays him more often than not.

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

The first time I read this I thought you wrote make tombstone basekit and I'm glad I was wrong. Anyways yes survivors should have their meters lowered over time. I would say when then are further than 40 meters away at a steady pace. That way if survivors want to keep him weaker they will stay closer in the near endgame. But risk their safety. Also devs PLEASE REWORK THE JEWLERY ADDONS!!!

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Why should Myers be able to feed off one survivor without limit?

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921
    edited July 2022

Ideally his stalking could have this momentum aspect where stalking one survivor helps refill the other survivors.

I.E. if you stalk survivor A completely dry, stalking survivor B will refill survivor A, etc.

Basically you'd still be unable to hit EW3 with Tombstone and Tuft off of one survivor and would have to shift stalking targets, just you can't run out of stalking anymore entirely or as easily. (You might still drain survivors dry but they'll get some stalk back as you stalk others.)

Another option could be when a survivor is sacrificed/killed, any remaining stalk within them is divided up and distributed to remaining survivors. This could be a bit problematic with Tombstone Piece however. (Tombstone kills would transfer the stalk to other survivors and let you tombstone all 4)

EDIT: On a side note, buff the deviousness points he gets for using his power. I know deviousness varies a crapton between killers, but on some killers like Legion or Doctor you can max out Deviousness extremely easily, but on Myers you can actually drain all 4 survivors completely dry IIRC and not max out deviousness. Hits in EW3 need to give bonus deviousness BP similar to Ghostface.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    edited July 2022

No, they could just make his power not ass-backwards. Besides, it's not like there is much bargaining here. Both are on the same killer. Nothing needs to happen before. If one is truly oppressive just do them simultaneously.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

As a Myers main I admit is weird you can run out of stalk but honestly is something almost never happens to me, you have 7 EW3 tier ups, I rarely need that many in a game to win.

On a sidenote, EW2 with 16 (8 with M&A) TR is a force to recon with if used wisely, you still have that power even if for some reason you ran out of stalk.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

I had this problem when I used tombstone piece and killed the survovors I didn't stalk as much so I could not then stalk and kill the last 2 unfortunately and had to hook them.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

They should change that his stalk refills slowly so then he never runs out of it. But if myers could infintely stalk one survivor that would be too overpowered and would not be fair for other survivors who didn't feed him at all. I had survivor just watching me when I stalked him with tombstone and infinite add ons. Well basically I won the game at that point but I still had to go stalk the others and waste more time.

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 623

You're deliberately not supposed to be able to kill all 4 with Tombstone Piece. If you want the free kill with no hook on all 4 survivors you gotta run double iridescents outside of a few bugs that I think got patched.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

Ideal change is have stalk regenerate on survivors if he has not stalked them for X amount of time.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited July 2022

Let Survivor stock slowly regress as they advance their objective. This would prevent Myers from multiple tier 3 procs off of one person (in chase) and encourage spreading out your attention. As survivors can hide and wait out tier 3 it would make sense to allow the Killer to continue gaining pressure for as long as the match persists.

• Tryharder
    Tryharder Member Posts: 173

No, unless we removing swf with their instant win against every killer

• Witchubtet
    Witchubtet Member Posts: 640

Oni gains his passively on the side though. Unlike Michael.

• Tiufal

So you will tell me that someone who cant hit anyone will last for 8,5 Minutes in this game until they get their power passively? Also at that point a myers already had his power several times. Youre completely ignoring what was talked about.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,205

Oni doesn't punish you for killing the wrong survivor.

If you exhaust the evil from survivor A, then survivor B who hasn't been stalked appears in front of you, you can't kill them because doing so removes 1/4 of your power.

• Tiufal

I dont know if you ever played Myers, but this situation is nearly impossible to happen. But whats wrong with having to manage your power resources? Ive never seen any serious Myer player complaining about this, cause it just doesnt happen.

• brewingtea
    brewingtea Member Posts: 240

Being put into a position where you can't use your power for the rest of the match isn't fun.

"Yeah, but those are no-win-situations!"

Oh, good point. I was just going to say, the one thing that would make walking around fun would be if nothing I did mattered and I had to watch while the winning team tbags me, too

• Witchubtet

Well if you can’t hit a single person that’s on you. I was just saying that Oni does get his power passively while Michael can not. I’m on team rework Michael to fit the new style of gameplay. Same with a few other killers.

• Tiufal

So its the same if you kill a survivor you havent stalked. Its on you.

• Witchubtet

Oh it’s most definitely on me, but the issue is we are comparing apples to oranges. Oni even if he doesn’t hit anyway can still access his kit after like 3 minutes. While Michael (if unlucky enough) can’t if he keeps finding the same survivor. I don’t play Michael that often but I did have a few times were it felt like I only saw the same Bill, but I do play Oni a lot so I know it’s not that bad to miss the survivors for 3 minutes as long as you’re aggressive with gens.