Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The developers have been secretly screwing around with MMR for days now ?

PNgamer
PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
edited July 2022 in General Discussions

and this is not a guess, but a statement.

Here is my Killer XP view of the last days. Thursday: Killer matches unbalanced and too easy, hardly any metaperks. Friday: Matches optimal and fun. Some 50-50, some 3-1, some 4-0 and rarely 0-4 defeats. Saturday: many 50-50, many 1-3 and some 0-4 defeat matches. Sunday (today): unfun and toxic. Many 0-4 defeats. (i feel every game is vs SWF ?) Survivor somehow extremely strong, matches over in under 5 min (Genrushs) and exclusively only Metaperks.

Something is definitely not right. How is it with you so? Has anyone had similar experiences?

Survivor side would also interest me

Comments

• PNgamer

Nothing is made up. I am not the only one who notices this

• PNgamer
  • Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

I have no idea if the MMR is being messed with or not. My games always tend to feel very random in general and my guess for that is that the game will prioritize queue times over similar MMR if the queue times get too long. If I recall, the chart BHVR put out also showed that a good majority of the playerbase is around mid MMR in general, which could add to the randomness of games. For the data you had showed us about your games, I feel that we would need other player datas as well to confirm your results.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

MMR is messed up if people been waiting a long time they just throw the 4 survivors or killer to closest 4 survivors or killer no matter they rating in the MMR.

• PNgamer
    edited July 2022
  • ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

They changed something lately or player pool changed. Its changed either way

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Nothing changed, same stupid matchmaking as always.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580

One time I played survs with friends (4 men swf as it called) and we faced twins. We were "super easy", died literally in 2 minutes because of suicidal altruism and laughed in process. And then we get same twins with same builds and 3 of us escaped. This game was pretty close, we all were on death hook and the killer could get at least another one of us but did wrong desigion. Do you think we were missmatched somehow in first game? And somehow become equal players 5 minutes later?

This system (and impression of it) is floating even without any special screwing. Just because there's variety in players available online, variety in their playstyles in general, variety in maps, RNG and so on.

• Ladyinadress18
    Ladyinadress18 Member Posts: 243

I would like to say you may also have people like me… I just switched from 5 years of DBD on console to playing on PC. There is no cross progression so I’m on a fresh 5-hours of “play time” account. But I’m not a new player. Because of the lack of cross progression, I’m in low MMR lobbies and getting my team to escape every match because I’m running gens and keeping the killer busy. BUT, I’m sure this makes the killers wonder exactly what’s going on with their matchmaking.

…TECHNICALLY, DBD may have placed my account “correctly” in a lobby based on their MMR algorithm but I am certainly more skilled than my account claims…

maybe I’m in all your lobbies HAHAHA Hopefully my MMR adjusts. I’ve already adjusted to keyboard and mouse mostly (my first ever K&M game)

• zItsYaBoyy
    zItsYaBoyy Member Posts: 9

The problem is also with the survivors. Worst teammates I have ever seen are matched with me (I have more than 600 hours in dbd).

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 623

I feel it. My last few killer games today were vs some people with under 10 hours. Babies with literally only one or two, sometimes even no perks equipped. I've got 6,300 hours and am pretty damn good at either role why is it pairing me with people who installed today??

• Ladyinadress18

Is there a way to quote my comment? I’ve been escaping all my matches but my account looks “baby” because I switched from console to PC and there is no cross progress in the game. So it’s putting me in a mix of low MMR and high MMR lobbies

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

The devs have openly admitted to messing around with the matchmaking for anyone whose forum name begins with a capital PN.

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 623

That would make sense, but I would except that you probably still play better. I'm talking about survivors so new that the hear me come to shack, drop the pallet, and while I break it slow vault into a locker I can clearly see them get into and try to hide from me. Sure if you switched to PC you might have no cosmetics or perks, but surely you wouldn't do that.

• Ladyinadress18

This is true. Probably just the dumbest moments I have had so far has been when I’m in a chase with the killer and I’m desperately trying to fluidly pan my camera behind me to look at how far the killer is from me but then when I look back forward, I run into something HAHA I’m not good at it yet. Panning my camera while looping around tiles has been my biggest challenge. But no, I’m not hiding in lockers in front of the killer… the only thing I appreciate about being in low MMR lobbies right now is that the killers aren’t very good either so it gives me room to suck at the controls while I’m learning to pan my camera better

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,849

Something is definitely up. I had 5 matches yesterday in the middle ofbthe day with cheaters, mostly teleporting and one was running a speed hack. It was crazy. Never seen so many back to back unless it was 2 or 3 am. Never seen it that bad in the middle of the day. MMR is getting messed with wouldn't surprise me.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I'm not sure what is going on but I had 3 absolutely terrible days on the survivor side and the last 2 days have been ok.