The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

odd amount of tunneling huntresses recently

me and my bud usually play together (hes a nea main, im a jeff main) and over the past couple days we have both noticed a sharp increase in the tunneling huntresses we have went against. various maps, but always at 5 gens someone (usually me) will get hooked and sat on or nearby hook until either: an unhook is attemped, at which point im focused down until once again on the hook (even if i get BT's endurance, im still the main target) or we realise its a face camping huntress and sacrifice myself or trade hooks to do gens. i dont do anything to the huntresses, i dont use a flashlight, i dont teabag. has anyone else experienced this sharp increase in behaviour? (also, most face campers seem to be console. rarely get a PC one.)

Comments

• Archive512
    Archive512 Member Posts: 150

usually they arent terrible, but recently i dont know what it is but every time they have just been sat on the hook. ive been camped out of a game 4 times in a row tonight so thats enough for me, i'll play something else or watch a movie or smth.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

95% of the Huntresses I run across do that. I have no idea why. At least it gives us a chance to escape. Then, every so often, I run across a non tunneling or camping Huntress and then my best chance of surviving is generally Hatch. Huntress has an amazing chase power.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

Whenever I load into a match and hear Bayu Bayushki Bayu in the background, I'm so used to the camping and tunnelling I just try to hook myself in advance.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

Usually they don't tunnel but still many camp the hook. I think still less than 30% of all killers tunnel. Camping is more common maybe around 30-40% of killers do it. Majority of killers play pretty fairly thought. I think if all killers would camp and tunnel itcwould increase kill rates and new update will unfortunately encourage that pop, pr, BBQ nerf and increasing gen times make those stragedies stronger and it's not that worth to leave the hook and also ds is not threat anymore.

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

Maybe an increase in dailies for none huntress players? Hiting those hatchets for newer huntress players is a bit wonky.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

I've noticed a huge increase in Killers camping/tunneling since the event. I watch DBD streamers (Ohmwrecker for example) and even he wondered in his last stream what was going on. Super sweat, loads of tunneling etc. You expect that at high MMR, but fr casual players it's a noticeable increase. I only play on weekends, and when I logged on last Saturday it was virtually unplayable for Solo Q. Out of 20 matches I only escaped 3 times. 2 was through the hatch. Just every match the Killer was camping, face-camping and tunneling. Then they'd slug for the 4k even if people had disconnected. or hook suicided. It was miserable.

I've been playing long enough that I've faced plenty of Killers who just play normally (meaning not facecamping at 4-5 gens or tunneling unless they were pressured). But it was pretty wild last weekend. I was wondering if because I was in Solo Q I was sucked into a low MMR vortex (It's a recipe; Load into match. Killer camps at 5 gens. Unhook, Killer tunnels and downs hooked survivor again. Survivor D/C's, and it's a domino effect of crap).

Thing is, these Killers had decent chase skills, Meta perks etc. Idk what the hell is happening. Maybe it was just a bad day. Maybe because school is out for summer lol.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

So a regular huntress experience then?

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

Where have you been for the last 6 years? They were always there and they were never gone.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I see more huntresses tunneling and camping than bubbas.

• sushiwooshi123
    sushiwooshi123 Member Posts: 14

There has also been an odd amount of huntresses lately too. Different ppl too everytime

• TMCalypso
    TMCalypso Member Posts: 336

I am glad that I am not the only one who noticed this. And, it might just be my personal experience only...but I rarely see Bubbas camp despite, apparently, being the poster boy for camping.