Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So stacking 3-4 slow downs is working as designed

mouse0270
mouse0270 Member Posts: 849

I really really starting to hate the logic you guys use to nerf survivor crap. Cause man, you need to start applying it to killer stuff.

Not only did you massively buff killers this patch with more gen time, Quicker Breaking and Kicking, Quicker Recovery from hits, Buffs to perks and honestly slight nerfs to killer perks.

But this logic that survivors can't stack their perks, but killers can is really starting to become ridiculous.

All this patch is doing is mixing up the survivor meta. Honestly a dev show me the numbers of how many slow-down perks were removed from killer builds during the PTB. I BET MOST WERE STILL USED.

Also because this has become an issue with my posts, Mods, I am not attacking or saying anything bad about BHVR devs, I am just stating that I really disagree with all of their design choices. I hope the devs are happy and wish no ill will to them directly.

Before anyone gets in here and just says, another survivor main whining. I play mostly killer and stand by the logic that you shouldn't be running multiple slowdowns. To the point, I stopped running Corrupt and Dead Lock once it was pointed out to me that they are both technically slowdowns. Saying that I prefer the slowdowns corrupt and deadlock personally but as stated no longer run them together.

Comments

• mouse0270

I know thats why I used "WORKING AS DESIGNED" in my title, cause thats what they said about the endurance nerf.

Did I think the endurance builds were stupid and strong? Yes, but guess what... I also think killer stacking 2-3 slow downs is stupid and strong too. I am tired of this, that side can't do this, but this side can logic.

I am just so annoyed of hearing BHVR say "We didn't intend for survivors to be able to stack that, so we are preventing it completely" but then just making perk after perk on the killer side that stack so nicely.

Could you imagine the outrage if BHVR made it so gens could only have one status effect at a time, basically preventing multiple perks from affecting it at the same time? The people complaining so much about survivor builds would lose their mind.

I play mostly killer, like 80/20 killer... I rarely ever don't feel like the dominant force. So either I am WAY better at the game, or far to many killers who are bad want to be carried by slow downs.

• mouse0270

I don't understand why people care about the ruin nerf. Are you hard tunneling someone out of the game? How often do you honestly have ruin still up at the point you've killed someone in the game? If ruin still exists at that point and you are losing, you are bad at the game.

I do believe gens do regress when blocked, if not can you please provide a source?

Killers can stack aura perks, survivors can stack them. Seems equal.

Killers can bring multiple hexs, survivors can bring multiple boons. Seems equal.

Now when you get into categories that don't match is where we start to see the difference.

Killers can stack multiple chase perks, survivors really cant. As a killer I can stack brutal, the new perk that breaks pallets when a survivor vaults a pallet but after in injure, bamboozle. A survivor can run multiple exhaustion perks, yes, but can only use one in a chase. A killer can bring four.

So no its not equal in any way.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Again, from the Wiki. Gens don't regress while blocked.

As to your other points, I don't really care about Ruin getting deleted after a survivor is dead. Sounds fair to me. The 100% regression nerf, imo, is what makes it bad.

We agree on info and totem perks, so hey, coolio.

And dor chase perks, it depends on what you count as a chase perk. If the killer does that, they are placing their entire build on chase. Nothing on regression.

But as for Survivors, they could bring a exhaustion perk. Let's say Sprint Burst, in this scenario. They can bring Windows of Opprotunity. This is a info perk, but I think it aids in extending chases pretty damn well. Let's add on Vigil to help the survivor lose exhaustion faster, and maybe Fixated (or whatever the hell it's called now). Or maybe Resilience, since I beilieve that perk still makes you vault faster. I might be wrong, though.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited July 2022

There is not much reason to nerf killer perks because stacking killer perks aren't problem, at least in statistically.

Since this game is asymmetrical seeing both as same only makes a problem, like bro why not give killers exhaustion perks that allows them to dash forward if you gonna balance things with same measure? because that'd be too strong.

• Babadook83
    Babadook83 Member Posts: 208

killer Qs gonna be very long. solo survivors, which are the bread and butter of this game will switch to mostly killer or just quit the game.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Survivor perks can and do stack. Healing speed? Move speed? Come on.

Also ruin is terrible. It shutting itself off is irrelevant, they halved the effect for a perk that's often gone within the first twenty seconds of a game. Get a grip.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,370

There is a bug where gens do currently regress while blocked. Idk if it got fixed since I last played during the event.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    edited July 2022

The wiki says how it's supposed to work. There is currently a bug where CERTAIN perks that block generators still allow them to regress. If I can find the video from the bug report I'll update you.

Couldn't find the video but here are some bug reports:

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

They nerfed botany, self care also nerfed, none of these stack with medkits either.

Which movement stacks?

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

They literally JUST nerfed the one good killer perk buff they put into the PTR. And their explanation for why Overcharge is so garbage now is 'the speed penalty will zero out if you run this with Call of Brine'.

So, yes. They DO want killers to have to stack slow down and regression perks. And they're willing to turn every single one into complete garbage until you have to run all four just to see any actual game impact.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

People seem to forget that its an asymmetric 4v1 survival horror and just want to be the 1v1 uber hero.

We've all seen what 1v1 uber hero changes have done for the game, minimal player interaction, reliance on early elimination and hook defense (AKA tunneling and camping). Stale chase extending meta that never changes.

I haven't tried the PTB this round but I'm looking forward to some of the changes, because I want to flee from the killer not see how long I can waste their time, these are two different things.

Thematic gamers appreciate the former, power gamers appreciate the latter, and frankly as a long time gamer I can honestly say power gamers are often the least fun players to game with.

Changes seem thematically appropriate, we'll have to see how they go mechanically overall and only time will really tell that.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,221

On its own, Ruin isn't great. But it's a bad build if Ruin is on its own.

On the other hand, Ruin/Undying/Haunted/Pentimento is disgustingly good and survivors usually manage 1 or 2 gens when I run that.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,440

This is incorrect, gen regression gets halted once its blocked.

No wonder no one was pointing out how repressed alliance makes the overcharge+ call of brine combo useless, people do not know how the gen blocking works.

Btw I dont wanna come out as a prick, if it sounded like it.

• Deme
    Deme Member Posts: 59

rip bozo