Can we have an ETA for the nurse rework?

Dead hard is gone, halleluiah!

and now killers have received some nice buffs, and it is now time to rework nurse and bring her in line with all the other killers who cannot break the rules of the game.

Can we have a date on this please?

Comments

• Jasonisanicefella
    Jasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377

I see thank you for the info.

I think nurse should be a priority without dead hard, they went together perfectly and now one is finally gone and it is time for the other to go too

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Dead hard had 75% pickrate... 75!!!!!

No, glad it will finaly be dead. Nurse can wait a bit more.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Twins and myers need a rework far more than nurse does, imo all she really needs is an addon pass and for blink attacks to be special

• Mercês
    Mercês Member Posts: 376
  • Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

They did do a roadmap right? There wasen't a nurse update in there so atleast a year.

Also wasen't twins suppose to be the next mayor killer to be looked at?

• Valaryyn
    Valaryyn Member Posts: 76

As someone who has played around 400 hours of survivor (and 200 as killer), Nurse is the only killer in the game where it feels like there is almost nothing you can do to realistically avoid getting hit. She is basically the killer equivalent of dbd cheat codes. She deserves to be brought down a peg or two.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Hard to say if Nurse is “fine” or not since we don’t actually have those sorts of stats. She definitely has the lowest kill rate across all matches, and the common consensus is she probably has the highest kill rate at high MMR brackets, but we don’t have stats to verify that latter part or know if she’s just “really good” at that level or overpowered.

What I’d love to see is a graph similar to what they did for the perk rework which shows kill rates by killer by MMR. So the X axis is MMR rating, the Y axis is kill rate, and each killer is a line on the graph with the thickness of the line showing the relative number of matches. It’s be interesting to see how the different killers line up. I’m guessing most of them would be more or less flat in the bulk of it around 50-55% kill rates, but Nurse would be more slanted with a higher correlation of MMR rating to kill rate. That’s just a guess though. 🤷‍♂️ (And I’m curious to see Twins in that chart since the devs mentioned offhandedly once that Twins at the really high MMR are pretty dominating.)

And it would be interesting to do his chart pre-midchapter and post-midchapter to see how the kill rates changed after this next huge patch.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Doubt it would happen, it's a Qol patch next, so the next 17 are going to be $ patches.

• TheLastHook
    TheLastHook Member Posts: 495

What we need is the ETA for the SWF removal.

It is time to rework SWF who break the rules of the game in line with all the other solo-q players that play without voice communications.

Can we have a date on this please?

• TeleportingTurkey
    TeleportingTurkey Member Posts: 589

After we get ETA for SWF removal which is the sole reason Nurse has to exist, because no other killer can properly compete with SWF on high levels.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

lol

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

You can't switch killers in lobby. How does nurse help out with swf if you're queuing as anything else?

• fcb
    fcb Member Posts: 158
  • WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

Rework? You're about 3 years late to the party.

• WalterBlack
    WalterBlack Member Posts: 148

Why does everyone mention these two as if they're contingent on one another?

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800
  • TeleportingTurkey
    TeleportingTurkey Member Posts: 589

probably because I dodge the lobby if I get SWF on another killer and start queuing as nurse instead.

• DEMONANCE

as soon as nurse players can no longer use op addons and perks on her maybe then the skill of the survivor will matter against nurse.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

"The rules of the game". I didn't know such a thing existed.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Just curious... did you miss that *every* killer power breaks the rules of the game in their own way?

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

Never. Devs don't balance for strength. They balance for numbers. Nurse - lowest kill rate? Better give a buff. Oh wait. Already did when they buffed her purple range addon, the already-best addon in the game.

Animation bug when she uses these busted addons, that doesn't show when nurse actually attacks? Better pretend it isn't a bug. Oh wait. They actually did that in a thread a few weeks ago when they literally said they hadn't received reports of this bug despite me and several other people in the thread having already made reports.

Devs don't care. Just be happy the perk that blocks the gen if you move away after a hook (don't remember the name in English) got nerfed.

• DEMONANCE

range and recharge addons ignore the only counterplay to her which is making distance and blocking los if she can blink on top of you no matter the distance you gained and hit you before she's even out of her blink then your counterplay as survivor mattered little.

it becomes extra fun when a nurse runs starstruck, infectious, make your choice..etc ( at least slowdowns gonna get nerfed soon thank god)

why when it's a discussion about blight even nurse mains agree that his addons are busted even tho he's a killer that doesn't go through walls and have to know how to play loops but when it comes to nurse you guys act like she's the most balanced killer in the game

she doesn't need a rework but her power level needs to be toned down so she still plays the same and people who like playing against her can still do that but without all the extra bullshit.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,417
    edited July 2022

Can we stop Itching about poor nurse and actually put time to learn how to deal with her?

You're insane for thinking that Developers are gonna ruin players hundreds thousends of hours practicing this killer to actually get decent or good with her just coz someone just don't want to learn the basics of how EASY to counter nurse.

Yes it's easier than it looks, believe it or not. Youtube is the key.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

I’m still all for deleting her but reworking her is good too.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Freddy can wait, myers and twins have both needed changes for a longer amount of time