Place your bets: Killer Q-time after patch

Ok with the buffs to killer basekits, and the huge nerf to survivors with now no counter at all against camping and tunneling especially in soloq, what do you think the killer queue time is gonna be after the patch?

I am sure we will be back to pre nerf Ruin times of 10-15 minutes.

Soloq is dead and literally every solo player I saw post somewhere or talked to personally said they are either gonna stop playing, go full swf or go play killer.

I for myself are gonna go full killer main after this patch and if the queue ends up being as bad as I think it's gonna be, I am just gonna take an even longer break until they finally buff soloq.

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Yea, yea, solo que is dead sure. So you all who are saying this will be playing ONLY killers, ONLY SWF or just different game?

Press X to doubt lol. I will be playing solo que anyway.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Exactly, they will stay still waiting for Killer to hook them, especially when screeching sound happens.

• SekiSeki
    SekiSeki Member Posts: 516

Haha, this.

And if they do, give me my matchmaking incentives baby.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

30 mins

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611

I already main survivor solely because killer queues are too long at the time I play... but i don't think it'll be a significant increase tbh, if anything some solo q will switch to swf, but I don't think the number of people switching from survivor to killer (or quitting the game) will be noticeable. The queue will be longer on the first few days of the patch's release, but that's usually the case everytime anyway

• Tsukah
    Tsukah Member Posts: 390

Probably 5-10 minutes

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012

1 min on release 15 later and will probably just get spammed with SWF

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,466

probably the exact same as this patch

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334

BHVR wants to encourage more swf players. Swf is where the money is. People bring their friends to the game to play with them. They spend money on cosmetics and add on packs etc.

It makes business sense. I feel they don't really have much love for solo players. The game was not designed with the intention of communication between survivors. Discord etc makes that happen and gives advantages that solo survivors don't get.

I agree with most on here that solo q will be tougher and those people might switch it up. Just remember as Mr Krabs says it's all about the money, money, money!

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,320

My bets are on that there won't be much of a noticeable difference starting out. It'll still be quick in some parts of the day and take longer in the off-hours, But later on, nearing the end of the first year of the changes being introduced to the game, queue times will go up longer regardless of ToD and there will be a much more noticeable uptick in killer queue times.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,584

No change at all.

However if survivor queues in the evening become smaller, it will be the opportunity to keep playing that side and have chiller games before bed time.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

someone send me link to the patch notes tarts coming i cant find it anywhere

i check the main website its not there either, why ppl said legion will be strong after post patch?

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Legion will be able to effectively negate Dead Hard.

Any time a meta survivor perk gets any kind of counter-play, people act like the sky is falling. And if enough people get in on the chant, the Devs will nerf the killer.

"Pyramid Head can totally NEGATE Decisive Strike and Borrowed Time! SUPER OP! GAME'S DEAD!"

Annnnnnnd they nerfed PH like three times to soothe the survivor panic, despite the fact that he can't force you to get Tormented and he can't cage you unless you let him. So we see how many Pyramid Heads are playing.

Same deal with Legion. If they can get enough people to parrot the panic, the killer will get their latest round of undeserved, over-reaching nerfs. It's what people are actively trying to do to Nurse these days. It's really just a question of volume.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

How long has the SoloQ issues been around? I can only hope there is an exodus. If you want a better experience but refuse to make the changes that are required of yourself, you are getting exactly what you deserve.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,209

Tough to say. I typically don't touch solo queue with a 10 foot pole on weeknights as it is right now. 350 is way too wide of a net to cast and I don't care how long I've been waiting, especially if you're at the upper limit and it's just pulling from below you. You might as well play a different game because it's not going to be fun.

Plus, I just think the lack of baseline info in solo queue is completely unacceptable. It doesn't make the game more fun. It just makes it frustrating. If a killer is completely relying on survivors making unforced errors, then they shouldn't win. It's one thing to put survivors at a strategic disadvantage and force them into a bad spot. It's complete BS when you generate a ton of pressure because "Whoopsie two survivors went for the save because they had no way of knowing and nobody happened to take this specific perk that they couldn't coordinate in a crossplay lobby anyway."

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

link to patchnotes thats upcoming? i wanna take a read please

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

The exact same as they are now? I would be extremely shocked if I was wrong about this one. Lol.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

When survivors have to do that, it indicates there is a problem with the game.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

With the exception of farming events, killer que is always near instant.

• DemonDaddy

🤔...

Yet the core data devs balance around shows that the underdog survivors are escaping far more than they'd like. This data is the route devs are clinging to (although I think the data vastly ignores most context of a match)

Survivors have all the tools to succeed, the skill to utilize them is a different matter.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

If you read these forums every match it’s a 4 swf death squad, so solo escape tends to 0

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,884

OMG panic!

I play solo queue exclusively and I don't think solo queue players are going anywhere. At least not on balance; those who leave will be replaced by newcomers. Solo survs are typically the least invested, but they are also constantly coming and going already.

Some people are projecting their disappointment onto others, there isn't going to be some huge exodus. And even if like half of solo queue survs left, there's still going be a massively disproportionate surv:killer ratio. You might see killer times go from like 20 seconds to a minute or two.

A killer queue time of 15-30 minutes (average) isn't going to happen, at least until the dying days of DBD.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

You abandoned your whole team after getting chainsawed by a billy running stealth perks only. You want speed limiter to be basekit or something?

• DemonDaddy

That's why I disregard those comments as bias or lacking experience, otherwise my every escape never happened. It always looks like a child's tantrum when I see survivors claiming the impossibility of what I'm able to do as a solo.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

They'll switch until they run into their first bully squad on Garden of Joy or Fractured Cowshed. They'll remember that killer is too hard and go back to ez mode survivor to teabag in the exit gates

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Same. For months, my survivor queues are almost instant. For killer it's about 5 minutes. Not a long time, but I'd just assume play solo than wait to play killer.

I do think the killer queue times will increase as well. I don't think it will be 30 minutes though. Probably closer to 8-10.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

I think the data is bad. Hackers are very prevalent.

Because 4 man SWF are the only ones at higher MMR is skewing the data as well. The devs have a lot of bad data and throwing darts at survivors.

• MyelinXCVIII
    MyelinXCVIII Member Posts: 163

As always, it will depend on the time of day and what region you're in.

I can't see *that* many people quitting to be honest.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384

The ones who like to play DBD arent going anywhere, the crying babys who only want to abuse meta perks because it is broken.... they can go to play hello kitty online if they want xD

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

They're implementing matchmaking incentives with next patch or later ? I might play solo q with a 100% bonus that's one good change at least

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

I've never under any circumstances have had to sit in a queue for killer for more than 5 minutes at a time and I've been playing for over 4 years. If it exceeds that I will be genuinely surprised.

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    edited July 2022

Serious question, are you THAT BAD in dbd that your entire way of playing is based on DH? that shows even more how important it was to nerf it

Im not saying I'm good, it's just that I regularly escape in red ranks survivor without ANY exhaustion perks... Im just wondering how reliant people are to get carried by second chance perks

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited July 2022

People always say this. Killers get nerfed "Enjoy your 20 year queue times" Survivors get nerfed "Enjoy your 20 year queue times"

That's happened many, many times throughout the years, and guess how many times it's been true? Zero

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374

This is the thing I really wish the developers understood.

There is going to be a certain number of disconnects. However, when those disconnects go up or certain killers are getting a greater than average disconnects, then there is a problem with the game. Not a problem with players.

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374

It's actually been true a lot. I've experience some of those crazy long killer times and switched to playing survivor because I just got sick of the wait.

The same has never been true of survivor wait times. I've never had a problem with long wait times as survivor.

The worse I've seen with survivor has been less than 5 minutes. The worse with killer was over 15 minutes.

• DemonDaddy

At this point, if they don't already, devs should be able to track whether survivors are swf or solo.

I find it unfortunate that the devs continue to undermine their own efforts in closing the gap reflected with their flawed data. Their design changes like safer pallets did nothing to address the informational advantages which in some cases can completely ignore killer aspects/builds that a solo survivor must overcome.

• Devilishly_Rowdy
    Devilishly_Rowdy Member Posts: 440

Literally got a base kit meta perk for free (which might guarantee free endgame escapes) and still complaining. With that being said, survivor mains will never turn into killer mains lol (including you).

• Devilishly_Rowdy
    Devilishly_Rowdy Member Posts: 440

Legendary big brain Sluzzy moment. You never fail to entertain each time you post lol, thanks for the laughs.