Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How common is this ?

How common is it to have the same map over and over again for like 10 matches in a row when no one put a map offering ?

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

I once got Ormond 4 times in a row. I don’t recall getting the same map 10 times in a row though.

• JakeCannon
    JakeCannon Member Posts: 542

10 might be a little excessive but still 4 times atleast today I've gotten macmillan

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886

Not terribly usual, unfortunately. 10 maybe, but sometimes I'll get a long run in the same realm, and never one that I like.

Once I got the same map and the same killer 6 consecutive times.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

While there's many different realms, I do believe they still only cycle through a handful each day. I don't know the exact count.

So it'll be a pool of realms and you cycle through those that day and it's random which one you get. So the possibility of getting yamoaka maps 3-4 times one day, then getting 2-3 game maps the next isn't unheard of

• boogerboy123
    boogerboy123 Member Posts: 119

yesterday i got badham 3 times in a row with a plague every time

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

I've had the Game map 5 times in a row with no map offering. I turned off DBD and went to play something else. I wish they had something in place that would prevent you from going to the same realm in back to back matches.

• Arkck
    Arkck Member Posts: 27

when I first started playing blight I would always get rpd for 4 or 6 games in a row

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,197

So uncommon that I would call it an exaggeration and would need to see proof.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

it happens and it sucks I got the corn map 7 time in a row.

I hate that map.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Most I've had without offerings is 4 in a row.

• JakeCannon
    JakeCannon Member Posts: 542

How in the ######### am I suppose to prove that ? Give me a break . It's just a question .

• Zen_but_not_Zen
    Zen_but_not_Zen Member Posts: 230

have had days when i feel it's just the same maps, other night i was nearly always on coldwind or auto haven

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

Be me. Play Nurse. RCPD, Cowshed, Cowshed, RCPD, log off.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

I got Midwhich 8 times in a row as Artist....no one uses a offering....

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,220

I get Lery's with an alarming frequency. I don't understand how it's possible to get Lery's multiple times every play session.

• S4ShadowWolf
    S4ShadowWolf Member Posts: 92

Eerie of crows, 4 times in a row, playing as low mobility killers. Painful doesn't even begin to describe it.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I wouldn’t mind if they tweaked the map selection algorithm so it never picked a map that one of the five players just used on their most recent match. That way you never get the same map twice in a row.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,440

Max I have had was 4 times playing on "The game" in a row, followed by the fifth match the survivors offered eyrie of cringe, It was a horrible night and I came back to the game after like 3 weeks from that fiasco.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

10 times in a row? Never had that, not even 5 times, 3 times its very rare unless you are on a "increased MAP™ chance" event.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,197

You don't have to prove anything-- I don't expect anyone to take pictures of every match they have, but don't expect me to believe something so unlikely that it's unbelievable... without proof.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Just about 40 maps, but only 5 are in rotation

Grim Pantry, Ormond, MIDWICH, Torment Creek, Rotten Fields

If I get to play on another map it's after I played on the above maps twice each back to back.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309
    edited July 2022

10 times? So far removed from "common" that it's almost comical. The odds of that happening are in the quintillionths in fact.

It might be some kinda bias, but even far less absurd strings of matches like 2 or 3 in a row are pretty unlikely yet don't feel like it. Even getting the same map 2 times in a row is somewhere around a 1% chance and it sure feels more common than 1/100 times I play 2 matches.

Of course that's assuming the odds are actually fair, that maps do have the same chance of being picked and there's not some sort of preference for certain maps the devs can mess around with outside of prioritizing new maps. AND assuming that the game rolls for one of the 38 maps in the game directly, instead of rolling for realm first and then map. I don't know if either is true.