Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why is Blood Favor a Hex?

M1_gamer
M1_gamer Member Posts: 349

it seems to weak to be a hex imo. even combining it with undying.

Comments

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

Have you ever used it on Blight? I've gotten many downs with him due to this perk simply by denying pallet drops. Works well in the Blood Favor, Ruin, Undying, and Pentimento build I was running.

Blood Favor is probably dependent on the killer that runs it. It's mostly nice on fast movement killers or ranged killers. M1 killers do not benefit as nicely from it as a survivor can simply shift w away to a further loop.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Blocking pallets from being used is strong. You are literally taking away a survivor ls defense

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    edited July 2022

I’ve actually gotten good value out of Blood Favor, if it lasts the whole match and you have Save the Best for Last or a killer like Blight that can quickly follow up hits it can be kind of nasty.

That said I do kind of wonder what would happen if they took off the range limit on it and just blocked all pallets after a hit. I’m not sure if that would be overpowered or just a “really good Hex”. 🤷‍♂️

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Because it also comes in the same set of teachables as Undying. And it actually is powerful enough to warrant being a hex.

• M1_gamer

alright thanks for the feedback. ill try it on other more fast killers since ive been trying to get value with it on m1 killers.

• Sally_S_gay_son
    Sally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 285

What ? It's super powerful, legit can end chases in an instant.

What is survivor going to do if you have blood favor on the game lol

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 599

I use this on Huntress and it's actually surprisingly effective when it's up. If it wasn't a Hex, I would literally never take it off her. In its current form, it's a surprisingly strong perk on certain killers, so I'm fine with it being a Hex perk - if it weren't, it'd be very oppressive to go against.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,441

Go down the first time, totem gets cleansed in 30s and pre-drop for the rest of the match.

Reminder to the customer, this technique doesn't work against nurse.

• Sally_S_gay_son
    Sally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 285

Also the game can have some super good hex spawns hihi

if you get a good Sally on the game you are DEAD even if she plays perkless lol, it's my favourite Nurse map by far

• M1_gamer

Oh yea it can be very good on those killers. I never thought about them lol. Been trying to get it to work on m1 killers like pallet freddy, sadako ect

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,441

Nurse is the only killer that can give a good fight on the game against good survivors, or compound 33, adrenaline blight, but that one is busted af.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

It has very good synergy with SBTL since they cant drop a pallet if you hit them near them and you have an increased recovery speed.

• Michi
    Michi Member Posts: 120

It is one of my favourite hex perks.

Right now it is okay-ish.

But after next patch you will wipe your weapon faster and survs wont get that much of a speed boost after a hit which is an incredible buff for this perk!

I used it a ton on the ptb playing as hag (I exclusively play hag) and Survivors could not reach a non-blocked pallet after a hit and me running after them. She is a 110% speed killer. And they couldnt reach any good pallet on any map. This already says a lot! Test blood favor as soon as the midchapter Drops and you will have a blast using it.

• M1_gamer

Dam your a hag main? that is so cool. i really suck at her so i don't play her lol.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited July 2022

Honestly it shouldn't be a hex, but rather work like how DIssolution does, maybe with a considerably longer cooldown. Its better than the worst hex perks, but none of that matters if they're not strong enough to justify being deleted early in the match.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Before the perk was buffed one of my original ideas was when someone is hurt dropped pallets get blocked to or destroyed. I think blocking is better cause it fits the theme of the perk

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited July 2022

I meant more in having a cooldown (instead of being a hex) to prevent it from being overpowered, but having it create a short window of threat for staying at a loop when you just got outpositioned. It could be a useful perk for m1 killers who get the hit just before the survivor reaches a safe pallet, while requiring the survivor to attempt to gain distance rather than hunker down into an unwinnable situation that often forces a pallet break. Having a cooldown would prevent the effect from being used to chain into more snowballing pressure, you could just have it unblock the pallets once a survivor is downed and give it a 30+ second cooldown that doesnt reset on reapplication (think how DMS works) so that it wouldn't let them chain it into a new chase.

M1 killers are the ones who need the most help against how awful some loops are designed, and this perk can do just that... assuming it doesn't get destroyed quickly like it often currently does.

Post edited by Ryuhi on
  • TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

... just for it to come back and bite you in the butt later when the hex is gone and the survivor slams the pallet on your face and yeets out of the exit gate