The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hitboxes are even worse then before.

Somehow for the event the hitboxes are even worse. I will be over a window, running, and still get hit from the other side.
Sometimes the killer will be looking a different direction completely and still hit you. Really makes playing survivor a chore instead of fun. Hitboxes need too be fixed.

Comments

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

I didn't want to make a topic, but I've noticed some odd behavior in the way the game has played since the latest update, and it seems like momentary lag, but isn't. I'm stopped by invisible obstacles. I get hit through windows even if I'm sprinting away with Lithe at a good head start. I got a record of a Huntress axe streaking past me, with the white trails and all, yet a moment later I dropped anyway. I don't know if these are related but I can take a hit in circumstances where I normally wouldn't, which is frustrating as I'm trying to gain two complete outfits from this event.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@BunnyTheHutt said:
    Somehow for the event the hitboxes are even worse. I will be over a window, running, and still get hit from the other side.
    Sometimes the killer will be looking a different direction completely and still hit you. Really makes playing survivor a chore instead of fun. Hitboxes need too be fixed.

Play killer, you will get really frustrated with the new pallet system and when you get autoaimed into stuff

• iamzammm
    iamzammm Member Posts: 18

100% agree. Hitboxes are messed up. Nothing to do with latency either because I'm getting screwed over in games with less than 50 ping, getting hit by Killers looking in a different direction or when they're a few feet away from me but still hit. Devs really need to fix this.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited February 2019

I jumped out a second floor window on Haddonfield and got hit by the killer when I f'n landed and he was at the window.

• Rasti
    Rasti Member Posts: 2

Received a bs behind the wall hit from huntress thrown https://imgur.com/8gtmTgn
    Pic included of the hitting spot

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

I got a few hits as wraith that I felt were undeserved and a few strikes that should have hit missed due to teleporting survivors teleporting extra far during my lunge which happened in several chase several times along with getting stuck on an invisible object momentarily once.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Master said:

@BunnyTheHutt said:

Play killer, you will get really frustrated with the new pallet system and when you get autoaimed into stuff

What's that new pallet thing? I honestly havent noticed about it
  • Master

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    Master said:

@BunnyTheHutt said:

You are autoaimed towards the standing pallet.
    Either that or if the survivor drops it, you are magically pushed back in slow motion and denied your hit through the pallet that was possible before.

Just an example of one of the multiple shadow nerfs that the devs never mention

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Master said:

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    Master said:

@BunnyTheHutt said:

Either that or if the survivor drops it, you are magically pushed back in slow motion and denied your hit through the pallet that was possible before.

Maybe it's a Pc bug, I dont have any problems on Ps4
  • BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

@Rasti said:
    Received a bs behind the wall hit from huntress thrown https://imgur.com/8gtmTgn
    Pic included of the hitting spot

yea, this and the beginning of Noob3's event video are just a few examples of how horrible hitboxes are, for both killer and survivor.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

As a survivor I have never been cucked this hard with hitboxes.

As a killer I have never been cucked this hard with autoaim.

I feel like both sides have a problem nowadays. I am glad it isn't just my perception.

• SIlentCetra
    SIlentCetra Member Posts: 187

@EntityDispleased said:
    As killer some hits are seriously triggering. When someone slow vaults the killer shack window from the outside for example, your lunge for some odd reason goes right past them and smacks the wall. I don't rely on auto aim to do anything here but I try to lunge straight forward at the same time as trying to turn around and smack them without hitting the wall along the way. Also, I've been getting tons of hits through windows and I can tell the survivor is getting stuck for a bit and it's even worse if they have high ping. Hits through pallets are almost impossible and there's no point in swinging unless you have spirit fury.

laughs in nurse

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

@Master said:

@BunnyTheHutt said:

autoaimed into stuff? you mean like walls, barrels, pallets, hooks etc?

• Master

@The_Crusader said:

@Master said:

@BunnyTheHutt said:

Yes

• The_Crusader

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Master said:

@BunnyTheHutt said:

Yes

I've seen a few people alluding to it on reddit, I've seen killers miss a few weird swings against me and hit pallets which doesn't normally happen, but most of all yes I've felt the auto-aim pull me into stuff. Really annoying as Nurse. In fact that I it happen in one of truetalents streams earlier.

Guess it's official then. sigh

• Master
    edited February 2019

@The_Crusader said:

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Master said:

@BunnyTheHutt said:

Yes

I've seen a few people alluding to it on reddit, I've seen killers miss a few weird swings against me and hit pallets which doesn't normally happen, but most of all yes I've felt the auto-aim pull me into stuff. Really annoying as Nurse. In fact that I it happen in one of truetalents streams earlier.

I thought nurse doesnt have this kind of auto aim, but I can confirm it on "normal" killers^^
    But ya know, pallets got buffed too with the longer stun animation. Its really pathetic how the devs throw in the shadow nerfs and the pallet aim bug will probably fixed in half a year or sth

• SailedSavage
    SailedSavage Member Posts: 280
    I've got multiple videos saved where the killer didnt even come close to making contact with me and I was still downed, all on good connections. Killers lunging around corners and through pallet drops. It's pretty bad right now. Even when I play killer there are so many lunges I land that blow my mind how its even possible. 
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

It's the same thing with Killers. Attacks that should hit will completely miss, hitting an object or the air instead.

• The_Crusader

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Master said:

@BunnyTheHutt said:

Yes

I thought nurse doesnt have this kind of auto aim, but I can confirm it on "normal" killers^^
    But ya know, pallets got buffed too with the longer stun animation. Its really pathetic how the devs throw in the shadow nerfs and the pallet aim bug will probably fixed in half a year or sth

I've definitely had the same issue as Nurse where it pulls me towards objects.

Guessing once the toxic survivors find out they'll try and force it to happen. Sure 1 has already.

• Master

@The_Crusader said:

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Master said:

@BunnyTheHutt said:

Yes

I've definitely had the same issue as Nurse where it pulls me towards objects.

Guessing once the toxic survivors find out they'll try and force it to happen. Sure 1 has already.

You can bet on that, but since I avoid the red ranks anyway.....

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Played as nurse for a daily and after a blink my attack would land just a fraction off hitting a rock just next to them or a generator or tree. What a horrible time for a curse 
  • The_Crusader
    Played as nurse for a daily and after a blink my attack would land just a fraction off hitting a rock just next to them or a generator or tree. What a horrible time for a curse 
    Yup. I just started using her recently and I can feel the game forcing me to hit objects if there is one near the survivor.

When I started to play Spirit thats when they broke the sounds too.

Seems they just hate me :(
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    Master said:

@tt_ivi_99 said:

Master said:

@BunnyTheHutt said:

Sometimes the killer will be looking a different direction completely and still hit you. Really makes playing survivor a chore instead of fun. Hitboxes need  too be fixed.

Maybe it's a Pc bug, I dont have any problems on Ps4

Not on Xbox either. I never seem to get this "auto aim" bug people keep saying.