Does OTR work If I need to mend from BT

Options
ElleGreen
ElleGreen Member Posts: 1,063

So say I am getting tunneled and I take a BT hit and gain a little distance but still get hard tunneled no time to mend and get hit again will I go down because endurance doesn't stack? If that Is the case this makes OTR counterplay tunneling the thing It Is suppose to prevent...

Comments

• ElleGreen
    Options

So would it just be better to run DS if you are having one of those DBD days of just getting hard tunneled

• Config
    Config Member Posts: 306
    Options

Ds now is 3 seconds so I'm not sure, but if u have both then u can really punishe the killer for tunnelling u

• ElleGreen
    Options
  • TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,285
    Options

I think OTR, DS, Renewal and Sprint Burst sounds really good for punishing tunnelers if you know you'll get unhooked. If they hit you straight off hook then Renewal will get rid of Deep Wounds. If they don't hit you off hook since, well, Sprint Burst off hook makes that a lot harder then Renewal kicks in and, unless Renewal counts as a conspicuous action, you'd still have Endurance and be fully healed for roughly a minute after Renewal while being chased.

Scott Jund also suggested Sprint Burst because, if you do get hit, the speed boosts and Endurance state before the hit make it possible to outrun Bubba's saw.

His recommendation for a build that doesn't require a survivor to unhook on the first hook was either Deliverance, OTR, SB and something else or OTR, SB, Slippery Meat and Up the Ante.

Personally, if I were to use Slippery Meat, I'd also bring Vigo's Jar of Salty Lips as the trade off is Slippery Meat isn't a guaranteed unhook, and if you don't you're probably shafted, but it doesn't require you unhooking someone first and no broken state vs Deliverance's conditions and the free perk slot on the build.

• ElleGreen
    Options

Cool build ideas but I don't wanna bring four perks to just counter tunneling and camping these devs made tunneling and camping even stronger Im just gonna play In swf

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,233
    edited July 2022
    Options

BT endurence effect does not trigger on off the record because BT only lasts for 15 seconds while Off the record lasts for 80 seconds. 80 second is longer then 15.

the longer duration endurance precedes the shorter duration endurance.

Off the record will be used during the game while BT will be used end game because off the record doesn't work in the end game. Decisive strike also does not work in the end game, so more survivors will die in the end game.

If that Is the case this makes OTR counterplay tunneling the thing It Is suppose to prevent...

well this is exactly how people counter decisive strike. you can have both off the record and decisive strike but they have a bit of anti-synergy because if you get hit by off the record right away, loop for 40 seconds, your DS will only have 20 seconds left which the killer can wait out, but OTR->DS can happen next patch.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

You don't need four to just "counter" it, but having four effectively disable a strategy killers use.

"counter" is never meant to 100% stops things from existing.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited July 2022
    Options

it is not supposed to let you take 3 hits for anti tunnel. BT basekit only works for 5 sec, OTR for 80, that is self-BT but way better. for the rare situation that you get hit within 5 sec, you won't get an extra hit, but I wouldn't say that OTR is not working then. You still have aura reading immunity and 100% Iron Will, better than the original IW.

So I wouldn't ask for too much, OTR will already be the new DH, in regard of pickrate

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,239
    Options

This is why I said OTR sounds strong, is just because the possible exploit it gives (with being healed and go back for body block, and tank double hit from both BT & OTR. If they either remove body block or endurance stack, BT is still stand above.

Now the endurance stack changed, you can see how OTR become useless, unless teammates dont bring BT and not take hit for you.

• Deadeye
    Options

OTR is not useless. it extends the endurance effect from 5 sec to 80 sec and gives you 2 additional effects. how is that useless? thats like saying BT is useless, it does nothing else than extending the basekit duration. btw going back to full health and then body blocking 2 hits for a total duration of 80 sec is not "strong" but busted.

this is a totally healthy change.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,239
    Options

If a teammate give you BT, adding 15sec of Endurance & Haste. You dont need 80sec Endurance for OTR. People barely use OTR before for other 2 effect.

Yes, if teammate doesnt have BT, OTR is useful. Pair BT with OTR, OTR is redundant.

I dont want Endurance stacks though, does OTR Endurance disable if healed?

• Deadeye
    Options

Exactly. IF a mate is bringing BT, otherwise you have basekit BT. As this is the case, I don't think that there will be many BT picked next week ongoing. Still 15 seconds is not 80 seconds. As well, if you get hit with BT, you cant use DH anymore. Bad luck, but there are perks that dont stack, and what happens if perks stack was demonstrated on the PTB which was a disaster.

And again, just because you get hit within 15 seconds or even within 5 seconds, it doesn't make the perk useless. You don't need to run OTR for endurance only, as I said it has THREE effects!

And do you really count ingame like "this time I was hit early enough, could have gone without OTR"? I think extending the endurance effect to 80 seconds is pretty decent, if you get hit within 5/15/80 seconds doesn't matter, BT does the exact same thing. What if you don't run OTR and get hit after 16 seconds? Is BT a useless perk now because this happens once in a while?

And OTR endurance is not deactivated when you are healed to full. It deactivates on ??? actions (forgot the english word) which is sabotage, cleanse, heal others/self, repair and open gates. But this is the same deactivation condition like on DS, BT and basekit BT as well. While the other OTR effects (aura reading and 100% Iron Will) will be active for the entire 80 seconds, giving you protection against Nurses and BBQ for example (80 seconds can totally protect you against BBQ. Getting off hook, healed and find a gen while someone else goes on hook can totally happen within 80 seconds)

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

how can you say 80 seconds is useless when 15 seconds being meta perk?

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

It's meta because it's needed to stop instant downing off the hook, the time is irrelevant.

• TheUnknown
    TheUnknown Member Posts: 16
    Options

Short answer: no.

Long answer: No endurance status perk can overlap with each other "creating additional healthstates" anymore.

The only perk that gives another healthstate that needs to be tested if it stacks is MoM. MoM negates the hit instead of giving you endurance, so probably it stacks.

Want my advice on this? If you need, run this build that would make it immensely harder for the killer to get to you again: MoM, Overcome, Iron Will (even with the upcoming nerf it still is a very good perk especially on Ace) and Deception. Picture a killer hitting you straight down from the hook, you running to the other side of the map, using Deception on a locker and sprinting straight outta there.