The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

2 year anniversary tournament run by people who know nothing about the game?

Kaelum
Kaelum Member Posts: 994

I'm just wondering if anyone at Behaviour bothered to read the rules of the tournament? Specifically the rule(s) around a hatch stand-off? Anyone? I'm sorry, but SpaceEsports is a complete joke. FYI, if you're going to be running a tournament, it might be nice to have 2 systems. 1 that's live, and another where players queue up and are ready to go live at a moments notice. You don't see DJs spinning records with a single record player, do you?

Comments

• Kuris
    Kuris Member Posts: 228

What was wrong with the Hatch Stand Off Rule?

• Kuris

@Kaelum said:

@Kuris said:

It is ambiguous, which allowed the people running the tournament to interpret the rule in a way that conflicts with what Bevaviour has previously defined.

How did Behaviour previously define it in a way that it conflicted?

• Kaelum

@Kuris said:

Behaviour's definition in no way states that the hatch much be open, as the standoff begins the moment that the hatch becomes the only viable method of exit. One mistake, and the other player loses the standoff.

• Kuris

@Kaelum said:

@Kuris said:

Behaviour's definition in no way states that the hatch much be open, as the standoff begins the moment that the hatch becomes the only viable method of exit. One mistake, and the other player loses the standoff.

It makes sense that the hatch must be open

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

@Kuris said:

@Kaelum said:

@Kuris said:

In a logical sense if you are both standing at it waiting for the other todo something you are in a stand off by definition regardless of it being open or closed.

• Kaelum

@Kuris said:

That's because you've never seen a standoff. If the location of the hatch is known before it opens, the standoff can begin before it opens.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    Never do a tournament again Behavior this genre isn’t ment for it and no one knew the rules I guess. #Marthwasrobbed
  • Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@RemoveSWF said:

@DocOctober said:

@RemoveSWF said:
    De-Pip Squad lost, fair and square.

Get over it.

Fair and square doesn't exist in a tournament that changes rules mid-game.

The rules didn't change.

The only thing that changed is that your favourite team lost.

Get over it.

You're always talking about "fanbase" and stuff, while you're on every thread about the Depip Squad to talk /// about them, lol.

You're the only one who has an obsessional issue there.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@Kaelum said:

@Kuris said:

That's because you've never seen a standoff. If the location of the hatch is known before it opens, the standoff can begin before it opens.

To add to this: it was already a standoff since the Claudette, instead of running away, stayed there and teabagged, knowing she could get the hatch if the killer hits her!

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416

@ZappyBoi said:

@Kuris said:

They changed it to increase viewer ship time. I ######### you not.

yep from early on it was only about the views and host as per this clip. https://clips.twitch.tv/YawningShyLettuceRedCoat

• sorrowen

@ZappyBoi said:

@Kuris said:

They changed it to increase viewer ship time. I ######### you not.

yep from early on it was only about the views and host as per this clip. https://clips.twitch.tv/YawningShyLettuceRedCoat

🤦🏻‍♂️ It just gets worse 
  • sorrowen
    edited June 2018
    #Marthwasrobbed #Marthwasrobbed And Marth actually was with that hatch BS nonsense😡😡😤😤
  • Fizz
    Fizz Member Posts: 71

I thought things like teabagging was considered BM and therefore against the rules? So shouldn't they have been DQ's the moment the person teabagged?

• lay
    lay Member Posts: 25

Stop fanboying please, try to be objective... The survivor got there first so if marth wanted to make sure he had the upper hand he should have swung at the survivor and down him while he's not at the hatch and while it isn't open because if the killer gets to the hatch how is it any fair for the survivor? He can't run to the gates because if he does, marth will go after him and he can't jump the hatch because he'll get grabbed.
    Nevertheless the survivor could have played that much better and he took a big gamble.

• Caretaker
    Caretaker Member Posts: 764
    edited June 2018

@lay said:
    Stop fanboying please, try to be objective... The survivor got there first so if marth wanted to make sure he had the upper hand he should have swung at the survivor and down him while he's not at the hatch and while it isn't open because if the killer gets to the hatch how is it any fair for the survivor? He can't run to the gates because if he does, marth will go after him and he can't jump the hatch because he'll get grabbed.
    Nevertheless the survivor could have played that much better and he took a big gamble.

Ironically if you were being objective, according to their rules had Marth waited he would've won due to it being a hatch standoff. Which they both knew it would come down to, thus according to the rules before the random introduction of a bullshit rule to pad views with added controversy, Marth won.

There was no clarification on whether the hatch had to be open or not. Marth was on the hatch, the game was over. It was already won. Literally the entire chat agreed Marth won aside from a few random contrarians, and obsessed people desperate to discredit the Depip squad cuz god forbid they actually have to try when they play survivor.

• lay
    lay Member Posts: 25
    edited June 2018

It was a standoff by the end because marth allowed it to but how is that fair for the survivor? He got there first. Marth just didn't want to risk missing which could have given enough time for the survivor to jump. The rule was awful but going by its definition doesn't do much justice either, the killer will always have the upper hand.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

@RemoveSWF said:

Get over it.

Where is the video of their match? I can't find it.

• Uberfish
    Uberfish Member Posts: 19

@Kaelum said:
    I'm just wondering if anyone at Behaviour bothered to read the rules of the tournament? Specifically the rule(s) around a hatch stand-off? Anyone? I'm sorry, but SpaceEsports is a complete joke. FYI, if you're going to be running a tournament, it might be nice to have 2 systems. 1 that's live, and another where players queue up and are ready to go live at a moments notice. You don't see DJs spinning records with a single record player, do you?

BHVR made the rules and gave them to Space. They've done a pretty good job so far. Kappa.

• Uberfish
    Uberfish Member Posts: 19

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@RemoveSWF said:

Get over it.

Where is the video of their match? I can't find it.

This is the controversial part.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpikyTacitVelociraptorTwitchRaid

• Amy
    Amy Member Posts: 3

Conspiracy theory: Those space people made the call about the hatch to prolong the tourney and have OT to garner more views.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Amy said:

Conspiracy theory: Those space people made the call about the hatch to prolong the tourney and have OT to garner more views.

Most likely. Plus I’m 99% sure that BHVR paid the casters a crap ton of money.