Please don't nerf the DS stun time!

Options
GamerEzra
GamerEzra Member Posts: 941

The deactivation on endgame is fair but reducing the stun time from 5 to 3 seconds is really bad. This is coming from a killer main btw. After this update tunneling is gonna be way too easy and I think it's gonna be really bad and unfun.😫

This was a 5 second DS! I know it's blight but even with a normal M1 killer this would have been a really fast down.

Please reconsider this BHVR!🙏

Comments

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited July 2022
    Options

With BT both basekit and still available as a perk giving endurance plus a speed boost and having the option of Off The Record for 80 seconds, and exhaustion perks being ready immediately off the hook there is no excuse for not being able to make it to relative safety. With all of that, keeping DS at 5 seconds seems unnecessary.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

I think the main issue is new Off the record being straight up better in every situation. It’s a forced meta shift by the devs if I’ve ever seen one

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,177
    Options

If that was a regular m1 killer she 100% would have made shack and at least been able to do one window vault and possibly chained that to other tiles or at the very least gotten an extra 20+ seconds from her DS

I do agree with your point about the 3 second stun being short but using blight/nurse/spirit to demonstrate how weak stuns are is super unfair to everyone else who can't cover ground rapidly.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

That changed barely lasted, and was adjusted to 5 seconds on Patch 2.6.3, I remember it well.

But...

the 3 second stun time is coming back now.

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    Options

There was not much left there tbh, she might have gotten a few extra seconds out of it. This also is 5 seconds, imagine if this was 3.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

I remember it as well. It was originally changed due to Enduring cutting the stun time off of all stuns. Even after they changed Enduring though, they kept the 5 second stun time the same because 3 seconds was not a lot of time even without Enduring. Now they change it back to 3 seconds because BHVR doesn't want to balance the meta perks, they want to completely kill off the current meta perks to make way for a new meta. Which way is better, I'm not sure. However, making some perks bad and others better does not really fix the issue that people had of some perks are far too weak and others way too strong.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

I mean you are playing blight.

But at the same time, with how most killer's powers are now, DS will most likely be useless.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Then it perished.

Both of us have seeing many, MANY, good things die by the devs hands.

What is one perk?

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    Options

I don't run DS, but I'm also not going to dance around the fact that even 5 seconds is menial against more than half the killer roster.

Most of the time, the survivor with DS is downed because they were hook farmed or in a dead zone--either way, they rarely have many safe places to run in the allotted time.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Change for the sake of it, you love to see it.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

How is OTR better? Killers just have to hit the survivor the second after an unhook to deactivate the perk.

• dreamsy10
    dreamsy10 Member Posts: 142
    Options

3 sec dstrike is not new indeed, but that was years ago where the game was a bit different in terms of maps, loops and killer's. 3 second dstrike vs most of the killers equals insta tunnel if someone is not body blocking the guy excluding nurse or blight which prolly will ground both of the survivors in like 15 seconds.

• Phasmamain
    Options

And they get more distance than DS without the potential of failing a skill check

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,588
    Options

OTR is worse in some aspects but better in others.

It is better because it works on both Unhooks. But it is worth when it comes to distance gained if you consider BT. Because OTR does nothing if you get hit after the Unhook. With DS you would gain the Speedboost from "Base-BT" and afterwards 5 second Stun. (Which is in reality 3,7 seconds of distance).

Now you just get the Speedboost from the "Base-BT" and thats it. OTR does nothing more. Way worse than DS in that regard.

• Phasmamain
    Options

Forgot about the endurance stacking change but I’d still say OTR is better. You can still Slug DS and OTR does I’ll have the stealth factor which can be surprisingly useful in chase if you are being tunneled (Counters I’m all ears or lethal pursuer + aura add ons)

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Its not new so we'll see how it works in conjunction with BT base and speed boosts after unhook.

The video isn't a great example though, I mean the survivor just ran straight ahead, even with a 5 sec stun I'd find em again in that scenario and probably get the rush down too.