this game is boring when you try and play optimally....?

gen sim is boring, but i never thought id hate it this much. I decided in a match i wanted chase so i got the plague attention at shack and she just left me and chased someone else who got downed pretty quick, so i killed myself. make a chase build and bring a flash just so i can be chased and gave a free hit and the guy continued chasing the healthy mikaela!! I literally quit the match and am giving up tonight because there is nothing fun without friends or chases or killer games. To think dbd could make me feel this way is insane ive never been to the point id rather quit than play gen sim.

any ideas how to have fun? like seriously its so hard solo and i cant just find people who wanna 1v1 who are really good because those people are just busy or doing their own thing.

Comments

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

If you bring a flashlight, you look like you want to get chased too much. That tells the Killer that you are probably going to be a pain in the ass to catch. Bring good chase perks, but don't bring ANY items. Then you look like better prey and are more likely to get chased.

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 305
    edited July 2022

It's extremely boring because the most optimal way to play is to not interact with the other side. Truth be told if they just made maps less safe, healing less easy and camping less powerful the game would be much healthier imo. The issue is you can't change any one of these or the other side becomes oppressive af, all three need to be fixed at the same time (except for healing, that can be changed on it's own.)

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

For a killer like plague without red vomit, getting chased around shack is just... not fun. I'd leave too. As Plague I want to infect people quickly and force them to use fountains or run around wounded, not engage in long chases. I might try infect you but then I'd leave and let the infection do it's work.

I admit on killer I'm not great at chasing but I've learned to pick my battles. If I see someone who's a pain to catch, I'm not going to waste time and let the others play gen simulator. That simply is a losing move.

I mean my only suggestion is to do generators that are 'dangerous'. Ones that the killer will easily see and are in an exposed location where you don't have obvious strategic advantages. You could also do silly things like trying to blind them while they are charging you to make yourself look new but that's a bit mean :D.

• bittercranberry
    bittercranberry Member Posts: 454

the only way to get to EGC & have a chance of opening exit gates in soloQ is to play optimally... because if its not just you wasting time but another teammate then everyone else in the match is screwed.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

I disagree. If this game was boring you wouldn't still play it.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I leave the survivors that are clearly good runners for last when I have plenty of time to chase them. Especially since those players tend to run straight to the shack or directly away from generators every time. Better to down and hook the weak links that would otherwise be sitting on generators.

• Entinaty
    Entinaty Member Posts: 165

What smart killer wants to chase at shack. You pretty much screw yourself if you try to get the killer's attention and then immediately go to a god pallet. Would rather face smart killers and not people that throw the game being stupid.

• KSzerker
    KSzerker Member Posts: 191

Optimal play is for survivors to do gens, not waste time hoping the killer's dumb enough to chase you on your terms.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

FYI as a killer when I have a survivor obviously trying to get me to chase them it immediately tells me that if I ignore that person and switch to someone else who is on gens I'll be keeping two survivors off the gens with a single chase. And if things go right I'll be able to down the one who was doing the gens, slug them, and immediately THEN chase and down the survivor who was following me, giving me two survivors in the dying state simultaneously.

Also quitting because the killer didn't chase you is pretty disrespectful to the other survivors, you're throwing the game for them too.

• MommyHunktress
    MommyHunktress Member Posts: 634

welp, too bad i guess. Because i care about my fun more than anyone elses and if i get to a point where dbd drains me mentally and is ruining my mental state why the heck would i stay just so other people can play? if i was having a bad match and WASNT suffering i would stay for sure

• MommyHunktress

ha! well i do, because huntress is fun and so is being chased, when all youve been doing is sitting on gens it gets VERY boring. but before you try and say im wrong pay attention closely to HOW i worded my statement instead of generalizing

• MommyHunktress

welp as i said, i care more about my mood and mental state than someone elses fun. and yesterday my mental state was completely drained

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

Better yet, bring Residual Manifest so you can pull a flashlight during the match rather than hold one in the lobby (unless you want a stronger flashlight and/or addons)

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

So if you're in a bad mood finish the game and then do something else. You're just putting everybody else in a bad mood with you.

• MommyHunktress

like i said man i dont care about others fun until A. bad killer chases me and they lose, then i apologize and wish them the best and B. when im playing killer and someone quits or someone gets screwed over. when i wanna leave ill leave and i think lots of people should prioritize their own fun before prioritizing others

• MommyHunktress