What's Stopping Legion From Taking Over The Game?

Astrian
Astrian Member Posts: 320

Downloading patch right now, but just by doing some napkin math, how does Legion not just completely dominate this meta?

Enduring + Spirit Fury + Thanatophobia + Jolt

Gens take base 10 seconds longer, Thana got buffed so at max stacks it will take 22% longer on top of that.

Jolt has no cooldown now so you can just keep smacking people all day and reduce gens without having to stop to kick them.

Healing Build doesn't work on Legion

Endurance Build doesn't work on Legion

With Enduring + Spirit Fury you can just eat every pallet in the game and because you kick them faster too, Pallets don't work vs Legion.

Stealth doesn't work on Legion

We haven't even talked about add-ons, Legion can apply broken, all sorts of nasty debuffs on top of just being a monster.

For real, TF are you supposed to do?

Comments

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Spirit furry enduring doesn't work if you predrop pallets

The 10% reduction in kick time alone is not going to cut it

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Holding w counters legion? isn't he faster when running?

• Astrian

You just gonna predrop every pallet?

Doesn't matter when Legion's power just hops over pallets, you're injured, you need to mend. Legion moves onto the next survivor who doesnt have pallets anymore

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374

Flash-light macros improve Suiciding-on-hook success rates.

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 662

Running away the moment you hear their terror radius.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,366

Nothing anymore really, slap on Thanataphobia, Dying Light, and any other 2 slowdown perks, along with mural sketch and never sleep pills and enjoy your 20 minute match that you pretty much cannot lose.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

It is time for the rise of Legion 😈

• mischiefmanaged
    mischiefmanaged Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 374

Split up/pre-run when you see someone go into deep wound, 99% your mend and then work on a generator until the mend timer is almost up, and pre-throw safe pallet/run to the corner of the map.

Congrats you're pretty much countering Legion.

Legion's definitely stronger than before and Thana probably didn't need a buff, but this isn't going to make Legion S-tier or even A-tier by any means. He might be high C or low B with the meta change though which is still a considerable buff to him.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

On paper, Legion has always been good.

But in practice, he is only good against survivors who insist on constantly being full health--same with Plague.

Other killers know how to close the door. Legion only knows how to open it.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

I tried to make a suggestion thread to make legion less oppressive, I was basically told he wasn't a problem and I was just whining. Needless to say, I think I have had 3 games in a row where someone had dcd immediately against him.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I am very pleased to see that cute doggo!

You could have gone furry Rin but instead you chose the right path

• JaviiMii
    JaviiMii Member Posts: 286

The whole issue with all there pre run and pre drop stuff is just... that it turns an already excruciatingly long and boring game into an even longer even more excruciatingly long and boring game of W-M1. And safe for the game there aren't enough pallets on maps to keep that up long enough to get enough progress on gens.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

But flashlight macros also increase the odds of you being left on the ground as an example which is detrimental to the "LET ME OUT OF HERE!!" goal our clients crave, with the spam fast action on lockers tech my company offers if they grab from a locker you get hooked almost 99% of the time.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,058

Because running Tiles prevents Legion from injuring you?

Legion-games will be dragged out to 20 or even 30 minutes now. At this point, all Ressources are gone and it does not matter how to run Tiles, if there is nothing to break Bloodlust, you are #########.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Their viability is what is stopping them from taking over the game...

• Astrian
    edited July 2022

I am an active Legion main, played 5 games in this current patch and 4K every game. Only one game did they ever make it to 1gen left and I was played extremely poorly. Every other game was 2 - 4 gens left.

Viability isn't hurting Legion this patch, if they play well and realize when to drop chases, there's nothing you can do as Survivor. Even people running green medkits with all the addons on the world can't out heal your damage.

One of the 4 gen games was on The Game, I literally ate every pallet on the map, predrops and everything and nothing could stop me. The second someone got close to finishing a gen, Jolt stopped them. Predropping does not work vs Legion and if the map is small enough you're cooked.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,045
    edited July 2022

split up + bad chases

enduring spf is not nearly as good as you think it is

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

That is the problem with survivors, they think you are supposed to heal against Legion. Super cringe.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

Split up.

Legion won't be able to get many chain hits unless they're using Pills+Sketch and even then they're going to start out so slow and be running for 20 seconds across the map that you'll have plenty of time.

• Haddix

but you're not taking into consideration who you're playing against, whatsoever. getting 4ks means literally nothing if they're playing like garbage. if legion is that lethal, they're doing something seriously wrong.

• Alcuin
    Alcuin Member Posts: 460

Why try to place everything back on survivors? What other multiplayer game allows for 20 seconds of wall hacks that track any opponent within 40 metres? That's all the map presence you ever need. What other multiplayer game allows you to double your DPS like Legion doubles the strength of Frenzy with Never-Sleep Pills? Pretending this isn't anti-competitive is super cringe and bad faith. You want easier games, just admit it.

• Gamall
    Gamall Member Posts: 487

I have just suicided myself on hook for the 4th time in a row against Legion. Completely unplayable,

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205
    edited July 2022

Enduring + spirit fury lose it's value against SWF, basically you use it once and they will just track if you have it active or not and predrop overy pallet, so you don't get to use it.

Jolt is great on Legion and any other m1 killer, but it actually got worse with his buff, because you sometimes get a down in frenzy.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Astrian

Some do, Some don't

It matters extremely little to me. If you don't heal, have fun with the 22% penalty to your 90 seconds gens.

If you do heal, within the minute I will injure you all again and you'll have to mend.

I will tunnel someone to death because the Borrowed Time basekit does absolutely nothing, nobody will run Decisive Strike because it's a trash perk. Then I can take as long as I possibly want, eating as many pallets as possible because my Killer is busted in this patch.

I've played against people of all skill levels, even the good survivors who can loop for days, I just drop chase and go kill everybody else. What are they going to do? Heal? Do gens?

I'm Legion, I don't care. Legion is a solo queue scourge now

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374

I think suiciding on hooks against Legion is a viable strategy.

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 512

Last time I checked, Legion still has to actually down you to win the game.

Assume everyone gets healed twice after being unhooked in a normal game, and that's at minimum 32 seconds you and/or another survivor did not spend on each gen. You notice it's a legion and decide to do the smart thing and not heal? Thanataphobia has added 25.38 seconds to each gen. Yes, it's annoying, but everyone needs to be injured for that to happen.

If you are split up away from your teammates the Legion will find it very difficult to injure more than 2 people at a time in Frenzy. Also, believe it or not you can still heal against Legion as long as you aren't stupid about it, and not constantly wasting time healing just to then immediately letting yourself get hit again.

And Legion is still an M1 killer. Yes They are basically a 1 shot killer (with extra steps) but they have no other chase tools besides being kinda short. SF/Enduring exists, but most maps usually have enough pallets. You don't need to insta-throw pallets, just don't be greedy with them.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,233
    edited July 2022

I kill myself on the hook every time I get legion. I'm normally very against people who do this but the legion rework combined with perk changes just ain't it.

• mischiefmanaged
    mischiefmanaged Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 374

Something to consider is that Legion DID get better this patch because the meta around them changed to make their basekit better. The primary things that countered Legion were all nerfed and things that benefit Legion, Thana, kick speed, attack cooldown, were all buffed.

If you play Legion a lot, your MMR probably stabilized at a certain level. Now, because Legion is better, you'll probably be more effective against survivors in general and survivors who are at your MMR may not be able to beat you.

There's also the general randomness of matchmaking. For those 5 matches, you may have been facing against worse survivors.

It'll probably take a lot more time and matches to really determine exactly where Legion is. Will Legion with certain perks/addons be oppressive S-tier? Possibly. Thana does seem like a potentially unhealthy change. I'm not sure we can say that from playing 5 games on the first day of the patch where the survivor meta just changed and survivors are trying to figure out what combinations work well or may be experimenting with perks they previously determined were bad to see if they're more viable now.

• Astrian

I'm on 10 game, 4K winstreak now with either No or Brown Addons.

These are short games too. Either I demolish with 4 gens left or people just straight up suicide on hook / stand AFK

Please, anybody who doubts Legion's ability to demolish solo queue survivors this patch, play Legion with my build, use whatever addons you want because it does not matter and tell me what survivors are supposed to do to beat you? Tell me how this is remotely fun for anybody to go against

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Legion is not keeping any competent team injured the entire game. This post is so overblown it's ridiculous.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,860
    edited July 2022

Yea, I wish our community would stop ######### healing and cleansing against those two. I even message some players after the game (the ones I can) and politely explain why it’s not good to do that, and I get the typical “Idc.”

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

You do know Legion is an m1 killer right? With no anti-loop outside of their power? That's why he'll never be too strong.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I haven't had a chance to play yet but if legion and plague are as bad as people say. I'm sure the devs will patch it in a week. If it takes longer they might post a message on the title screen "anyone using this will be banned until we fix it".

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,209

It's just weird that we keep running stuff back that was previously nerfed or changed in the past. Legion was reworked for a reason and Forever Freddy was reworked for a reason. These are solved problems that we're introducing again 2-4 years later. It's not like this is a new game and we're still trying to figure out what players despise and whatnot. Why go through the one or two month period of Forever Legion/Plague when we all know this is going to have to be nerfed in some fashion?

• Haddix

ok, if you're dropping chase and targeting weak links, then you're facing poop survivors. so, yeah, survivors are bad, this is no different vs any good killer.