how's everyones matches so far??

Nathan13
Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,700

title

ยซ1

Comments

• Nathan13

yikes, have you been facing Nurse, Plague, or Legion??

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,373

Trickster ring lady ghost face and Freddy I've only been able to play 4 surivor matches today but all had someone DC

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231

Bad.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

Really good as solo survivor, have only lost 2 games, have earned a ton of bp in just a few games. Been running Lithe, Deliverance, OTR, and WIndows.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Killer matches are more enjoyable thanks to DH being much weaker and many Survivors allready drop it from their build. Also that slighty faster actions / recovery is cool.

Solo Q was bit harder maybe? IDK hard to say, too early for that.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

My survivor games were very good, mostly because i don't rely on DH but it sucks how people DC on first down.

Legion is kinda boring

Gen speeds are barley visible

Overall it's much more healthier.

• SekiSeki
    SekiSeki Member Posts: 516

Having a lot of fun with Billy. Lethal, Floods, Enduring, All Ears.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,610

As survivor : awful. (Teammates, not Dead-Hard)

As killer: either survivors way too weak for me (but maybe missing Dead Hard) a couple of hard ones and maybe one cheater. (There is luck, there is skill, and then there is the impossible lucky streak)

Oni, Freddy, Spirit.

This patch is supposed to affect M1 killers for the better. I suspect a lot of killers are tempted to enter the trial with them.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

It's just like I thought, the casual people who aren't very good at the game are gonna get frustrated and quit, I know a ton of survivors like myself who have done fine without dead hard for years but maybe that's because when it first came out there was very little distance and you were exhausted on the ground half the time because there was no hit validation so it wasn't worth it when you had better perks, but I have a feeling those blood point incentives are gonna be for survivors most of the time due to casuals refusing to play and improve

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Incentives are making the matches worse for me. Queue times longer when they were instant, and even more people with only 100 hours.

I'd rather have less bad matches than ######### matches with incentives.

• DredgeyEdgey

I've been running overcome I'm kinda loving it with the changes to hits the only hard part is staying healthy and I think it's gonna end up I'm more casuals builds since some like to run self-care ...still

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

Having a blast with nurse. Rip dead hard. Also i imagine people at higher levels might still run it because its still good against blight and nurse still anyway and the overall decrease in its use basically means nobody baits it out so it should be easier to use.

• DredgeyEdgey

Played 2 killer matches dredge both were fine with 1 escape tried some of the reworked perks never been more happy with the base changes to kicks and hits

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

It's really not that good even against them anymore because of the short duration and very little distance, Ive mained nurse for years during the most broken times this game has had and I'm honestly gonna hang her up and start maining Oni, Demo, or clown , with the current state of the game she's became very stale for me now it's really not even challenging anymore and I don't feel excited when I win with her anymore, but that's just me and I'd say about 4,000 of my 12,000 hours were spent playing nurse and probably 3,000 toward random other killers and maybe 5,000 for survivor if I were to break it down

• Mondhirsch
    Mondhirsch Member Posts: 228

Playing Survivor is so unfun.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Gens seem to go noticeably slower. I played two Survivor games and one killer game thus far so my opinion is obviously subject to change. For Survivor, the base kit BT is nice (and if you use BT the perk as well then you basically just have a buffed version which is cool). Both Survivor games were losses (the second game was a lot closer though so maybe just fairer MMR). I also played a game of Demo and I felt genuinely unstoppable. It was actually really fun, but I'm unsure how the Survivors felt. I will say that Save the best for last is absolutely insane now. If they don't have a pallet nearby after getting hit, then they could go down almost instantly once you're at 8 tokens. Dead hard seems like a complete non-issue now which was actually quite enjoyable. However, new DS is an absolute joke. The stun duration is far too short now and because both it and off the record deactivate in the end-game, it kind of makes DS just obsolete. Why run DS when you could run off the record? The nerf to the stun duration should be reverted 100% and something else needs to be done so it's a bit more of an option, rather than being just straight worse than off the record. Otherwise, my opinions are mostly positive, but things definitely need to be ironed out.

• Nathan13
  • WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited July 2022

I'm really having fun as pig again. Running corrupt, m&a, whispers, Jolt. Even if the base animation speed ups on paper seem small, they feel so much better.

However, there might be small issues here and there for both that kind of highlight dbd's snowbally nature.

• ElleGreen
    ElleGreen Member Posts: 1,063

Not great all the killer slow down perks are making the games so tiresome

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Great! Killers are finally in the power role and survivor has the challenge I've been looking for in it. I can use fun builds on killers and on survivors now, and don't really have to try hard with either. I never used DH to pad my lack of skill, so I just got good at actually looping, running, hiding and doing gens. My life on both ends feels amazing!

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

Quite fun. I've been playing a lot of killers I don't usually play with less slow down perks overall. My favorites match this far was playing Freddy with Enduring, STBFL, Bamboozle, and Fire Up.

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    edited July 2022

very weird tbh. I feel like I am playing against toddlers ๐Ÿ˜‚ Survivors need to get used to not having DH but .. somehow i feel like a Lion in a sheep barn

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

4 games of survivor so far 3 have been legions stacking slowdowns

what a fun patch

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231

as survivor.

Other survivors are refusing to save people till second stage and don't last in a chase very long whilst killers still run 3 slowdowns

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

All survivor matches so far won, cuz killers seem to just trying to figure stuff out at start.

Vigil, Lightweight, OTR, SB is my build for now, but might change SB for Lithe.

So far I faced only 2 Huntresses, 1 Trapper, 1 Nurse and a TON of Demogorgons, basically Demo every game (I don't know why they all came out of the hiding, but please stay, I haven't seen that many Demogorgons in ages, I love y'all ;-; )

Played only 2 matches as killer tho, still figuring my new builds out, so I can't say they were easy matches, but I'm looking forward to the future.

• JudyIscariot
    JudyIscariot Member Posts: 71

Been playing survivor today for the BP bonus, the games have been pretty okay overall. I enjoy the new perk changes and Lightweight gets a surprising amount of value on maps like Ormond and corn maps. Haven't had it indoors yet. Mix of killer skill levels / sweat level, overall pretty good mixture of games.

• SpiritedSalsa
    SpiritedSalsa Member Posts: 95

I just want to say that I really appreciate everyone posting about their experiences. I'm not able to play right now because I'm focused on my health, but it's good to see feedback about the new patch and it helps me see what I'll be needing to tweak as well. :)

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

I need to relearn survivor, im bad without Spine Chill.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

They're the best, but i'd love to know the reason why there's a horde of them out know, I love it but i don't understand which part made him better to play now

• tendyhands
    tendyhands Member Posts: 268

Love seeing people say this. I ran dead hard like everyone else but it would only give me maybe 2 health states tops. I stopped running it when it was announced it was getting nerfed (the first time, after the 2nd one obviously it's worthless). I can loop and I don't need dead hard. What I can't do is force other solo q survivors to sit on a gen for an hour because the killer has thana or stop other solo q players from running self care and spending a minute to heal against a legion.

• SpiritedSalsa

Did you see a pattern in any of the perks they were using? It could be that the buffs in killer perks have helped Demos in some way?

• SpiritedSalsa

When I found out that the meta perks were being nerfed, I started playing survivor games with the perks I finally wanted to use. Of course I do still bring BT, but I like having a chance to use more unique perks now.

• Hibagon
    Hibagon Member Posts: 27
    edited July 2022

Played as killer mostly, seems a lot of survivors didnt get the memo about DH nerf as i still saw it run a lot. Saw multiple survivors try to dead hard to a pallet, go nowhere, get downed instead and then DC.

I cant tell if im winning more or not cause ive yet to have a game where someone didnt DC.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Most killers feel like they are trying to be extra campy/tunnely since they know DS was nerfed and basekit BT is only 5 seconds. I'm running Kindred and can see the killers aura pretty much the entire time. I'm super tired of the amount of Legions, just unfun matches where you don't feel like you've accomplished anything thanks to the slowdowns.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    edited July 2022

death, death and oh did I say death? ๐Ÿ˜‚

I forgot to add DEATH

aswell as feeling like Iโ€™m spending 500 years doing a gen.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

You have willfully admitted your suicide on hook habits, of course you're going to be paired up with potatoes, the game believes you are one.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,453
    edited July 2022

I'm having a blast on Nurse. I can slaughter them all now that they can't get 3 health states with DH.

I also ran a Thana + Deadlock + Corrupt + DMS Legion with Sleeping Pills and the 4+ mending time addon. I think I broke their spirit the moment they noticed what was happening. It was great. But felt dirty, so I ditched it.

For real, I see all these P9 players go down instantly when I chase them. It's like they play like they have old DH, and now they're getting punished for their greedy moves.

• Marigoria

I dont have suicide on hook habits. Just ask anyone who has actually played with me.

Now I will indeed suicide on hook when someone already has at 5 gens because of thana legion/plague-

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Enjoyable... on both sides!

• Marigoria

Your point? What do you want me to do? Do 5 gens against 4 slowdowns when everyone already dced/suicided?

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

MMR has always been a numbers game, you have to focus only on what you can do no matter how your team performs. The people that understand this become better players and grow. If you use anything as an excuse for your self sabotage then it makes sense that you're getting that 'Meg' player.

So my point, I guess, is that there are SoloQ survivors that are running around with some of the SWFs, probably a small pool and that makes sense.

They earned it through brute force, just like you would any other ranked game that has similar mmr constraints.

You know, when and if MMR is actually working. I'm making the assumption it's accurate to a degree, albeit a suspiciously sharp one.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Fine! I played killer for the first time in over a year, and I was a rank 1 very good killer when I quit and know the maps very well. So guess I'm at lowest level of MMR because them survivors had no chance even getting one gen done while I played Clown ๐Ÿ˜€

Played survivor also it was..harder. And I'm solo but I think it will be fine we just need more information to get closer to SWF level and both sides will be happy. Bad players will always complain though no matter what side they play BHVR can never make them happy, ever.