Really bad killers are getting 4ks and its okay.

Comments

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

First off there are many tourneys not only the big ones with teams like eternal, secondly I scrim at least 2 times a week but I play dbd every day so I play pubs a lot. I'm also not a full time comp player or something, I just played in 3 tourneys so far and I don't know If I keep on playing. I can send you footage per pm if you want, but not in a public forum.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

DH was the most used survivor perk by a country mile, and even if they weren’t running it killers still had to play like they did have it

assuming that everyone used it is not that far from the truth

• JP_Cloud
    JP_Cloud Member Posts: 173

The funny thing is, if used correctly, DH is still good. I’ve faced survivors who have used it just right and tanked a hit.

• Lecruidant
    Lecruidant Member Posts: 162

It's a video game that you load up. It's not real life. They aren't big bads. They are people playing a role to win. That's it. No more. No less. And both sides should be treated equally as far as adjustments are made to make the game playable. But it hasn't been

• Nikatara69
    Nikatara69 Member Posts: 273

No, we can do, we just can stop playing awful balanced game. Only that makes weight now

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,614

You mean the, and I quote, "gg ez baby killer"? Not that the new Dead Hard is bad mind you.

I've played several basic M1 yesterday and it has been a massacre. The MMR not appearing to work properly may account for most of this. I'm not that good a Trapper.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

It's really not. What's happening now is a lot of decent, but not great players are getting stomped into the ground, making them lose MMR that will eventually lead to the lower ranks and by extensions newer people, having lobbies that overfill with significantly more experienced survivors, so less seasoned Killers are now going to get bullied more. And BHVR has shown time and time again that they have no interest in balancing the game at its core, rather than just applying bandaid solutions that help in some areas and highly damage others.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,092

It's like people forget they reduced the hit speed boost, m1 cooldown and increased gen times also.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Uh, what's "balancing the game at its core" when this update brought significant amount of basegame changes.

I didn't know basegame changes are considered band-aid.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

While that is a nice summary of the changes, I think the 5x10seconds are overblown by most people. there might be up to 4 people simultaneously doing those 50 seconds, which makes it 12.5 seconds expanded total gen time. And i even feel stupid right now for writing down those number because "how often are survs actually spread on 4 gens at any given moment" (but it works for thana-haters, so whatever). But if the old anecdote of "3 gens done in a chase" is true, then those extra seconds on gens might be as well just 20 seconds extra (3x simultaneously first wave in first chase, then 2x simultaneously)

The other thing to remember is, the worse survivors fare in a trial, the LESS impactful are the actual generator times, as the Hatch becomes available soon. In the current flow of trials. Isnt it still common for actual gen repairs to go down to a standstill as soon as there are only 2 survivors left waiting for the other to die? Only true "lets all escape"-swf's would do gens in that situation. But there are plenty of "one of us escaped, we all win"- groups tho.

I do agree tho that the selfcare change was questionable at best, especially since COH's basic self healing was untouched.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,504

This.

Survivors had too many second chances that gave them enough for their mistakes. Now these unfair to killer perkes are gone and they can clearly see, that they can't loop and mindgame as good as they think they were.

They got lazy and lost their skill due to these perks. Don't ram on a killers 10% buffs (which is miliseconds) and 2.5 gen kicking.

Survivors should not be carried by such unfair perks like second chances. Now they have a good chance to actually get stronger and improve with mindgames and loops. Let's see how they cares.=)

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939

What are the criteria for being good? I used to see awful survivors bullying killers and when they finally messed up they had dead hard to fall back onto to get another pallet.

Now it's like they can't do that anymore.

• alius34
    alius34 Member Posts: 6

The problem for me as a player (killer and survivor) is not if i 4k or escape, but how the game goes.

For example, if i play killer, i get some interesting chases (with mindgames at a tiles) and i get some hooks, it can be a very enjoyable experience for me, even with 0 kills.

Or as a survivor, if i get into a interesting chases with the killer, the game is fun even if i die.

What bothers me however is the feeling of all odds are stacked against you, that the end result is pretty much predetermined at the start of a match. For example i play survivor, i see a mc millan/autohaven offering and then the match starts and i see its a blight/nurse.... waste of time to play the game ...

Or as killer, i play billy and i get coldwind farm, or rpd ... its pure misery. Like why should i have to put up with that.

As survivor lately, the amount of try hard nurses i face makes me question if i play some kind of tournament game. They throw map offerings, use strongest addons, tunnel, camp hook stages etc.

In my opinion the problem is not about escaping or killing, balance wise there are outliers that are so far off the charts (blight and nurse need a tone down) and some maps need to be rebalanced.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

People dont complain Thana alone, its Thana + 50sec + Legion/Plague since their power create lose-lose situation.

The self-care change also affect Coh. Since Coh is a selfcare +50% speed, which was why they didnt touch.

• Alcuin
    Alcuin Member Posts: 460
    edited July 2022

One side being the "power role" belongs in singleplayer games, not multiplayer. The one thing that will distance me from this game more than anything is the feeling that, when playing solo survivor, the average killer wants to dominate and not participate in a match that is fun for both sides. SWF bully squads might be the same, but they're rare. From being on this forum, it does seem like the average killer main thinks survivors should be afraid and punished if they're not. Poor balance is not how multiplayer games function.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I am going to be honest though. If you are losing against really bad killers now after the patch, chances are your team wasn't very good either. These buffs weren't that huge that they would suddenly carry bad killers against good survivor teams.

If you were the exception among your team, then again that's a problem of matchmaking. Which is something that sadly doesn't seem to be getting better in the near future.

Not saying BHVR won't have to do something to help survivors, at least solo survivors, out a bit, especially among the low ranks, but still.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

Bad survivors in solo Q are a real issue and I won't deny that. Also, survivors that want to troll the killer and they can't anymore but they still try to be bullies... they just ruin the game for everyone. I'm not a god looper but I'm pretty good at it and still, I found myself into situations where bruteforce made everything I could do useless... like hitboxes, for example, and the fact that basekit buffs for the killer do not go well with how poorly some maps are designed. If they hit you, there are lots of places where you can't make it to a decent loop before being hit again because of the buffs they received to cooldown hits and the nerfs survivors got with the after-hit distance being reduced. I've mentioned this in another post but I've seen lots of people being down from 10 to 15 seconds after they were initially hit. This didn't happen before I would say...

• Salacia
    Salacia Member Posts: 51

They want to nerf the teams except that the game has become an ordeal in pu (unplayable limit), with this patch BHVR shot himself in the foot on purpose.

• ad19970

Ok I can't say I have had any problems with the buffs that killers got to their chase. In my experience, the speed boost and hit cooldown are still more than long enough to always get to somewhere where I can fight back. I guess the only problems really are certain maps that can spawn big deadzones in the middle, but even then I haven't really had too many issues after getting hit once.

Even when I went against a STBFL Clown I didn't really have any problem, though to be fair, I think that was on Eyrie of Crow. Which has way too many safe pallets.

I am going to be honest, I just don't see how a 10% reduction in hit cooldown and speed burst would suddenly make so many more survivors get downed right after they get hit once. I just don't see how. Most maps have fairly solid pallet and window density. The only two maps I can see being problematic are Wretched Shop, and in very rare cases, Torment Creek, though the latter map in general has always been survivor sided.

Of course, I still think that more maps should be looked at. In my opinion, there are quite a few maps that should have less safe pallets, and more mindgameable pallets, but with that also just more pallets in general. That means survivors are less likely to find themselves helpless in a deadzone, but more pallets allow for counterplay on both sides, which means killers also find themselves less often in situations without counterplay.

Of course maps should still have some safer pallet loops, I don't even mind a few god pallets. But some maps have too many safe pallets, but in return, not enough pallets in general. Swamp maps are a good example. They are kind of balanced for the wrong reasons in my opinion.

The faster pallet break animation I can sometimes see coming in clutch for killer, getting a down where they wouldn't have before the patch, especially now that DH was nerfed as well. But even then I haven't really had a problem in chases yet, even after these buffs. Not to mention these buffs help weaker M1 killers the most.

In my opinion, survivors should have just gotten something in return. Nerfs to camping and tunneling and/or information buffs to solo survivors. That's the actual problem with this patch, and something I hope will follow soon after. I personally hope they won't revert the killer buffs, especially the chase buffs, as those encourage killers to go for a chases and play fairer. Except the bloodlust buff, that should be reverted.

• midnightt
    midnightt Member Posts: 8

As a main killer I agree... I don't feel like playing killer needs skill anymore. Now when I play as solo survivor I have the same feeling like when I use to play killer. The feeling that everything it's against me

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited July 2022

It's easy to say it's just because of the survivor perk changes but it's actually a combination of all of the base killer buffs; the fact killers still have very good slow down perks; how camping has been buffed; bloodlust has been buffed; how nurse is still the same; Blight addons are the same; how no improvements were made to solo queue and because there are new tiles to get used to on various maps.

Also add to the fact that DH could be used to counteract the rubber banding issue... I had multiple scenarios where I died at very safe loops yesterday because of rubber banding.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Nah, more so about making one class useless, when killers have been the "useless" class for like 5 something years

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

I played against a couple of survivors yesterday who definitely knew how to use it. I hit them and didn't even realize they used DH, but they didn't go down. I had to check at the end of the match to confirm that they did indeed have DH. For that alone, I started giving the others (and probably will for some time) the hatch or letting them go. I know I don't have the skills to use it property (even before the update) and for that, I will continue to reward skilled players so they don't sit at low MMR with the likes of me. 😊

• Jinxed
    Jinxed Member Posts: 248

Killer was never a useless role, so it's not hypocrisy. If you think killer was underpowered compared to swf I'd be more inclined to agree with you, but it was always viable. Solo survivor has been the weakest role for a while.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,373
    edited July 2022

Sounds like someone's bad at hiding or not running distortion jk I love this update mostly

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Play weaker killer like pig or sadako you still have to work for it as no antiloop or very bad one.

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465

Some killers are still dogwater! I guess dead hard was never the issue

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,453
    edited July 2022

Alternative title: Really bad survivors are now getting killed and its okay.

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374

Everyone knows you are heavily killer-sided poster. So saying you played survivor and survivor is perfectly fine with all the nerfs probably doesn't ring true for anyone reading your post.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 905

I feel this, but I think we are under the impression that every player--killer and survivor is supposed to be an adult. When in fact, you have little kids playing this game. I saw a post a while back where this guy let his son play killer. His son didn't even have two digits on his age. It has been said before that console survivors are the worse. I happen to believe they are more likely to be the not yet 18 variety. Also, the more casual the player the more clueless they are. Not everyone watches twitch and comps. The extent of their game knowledge is solely their own. Not to mention you have people that take massive breaks and come back with the idea that it is still 2017 and pallets are plentiful.

Next you have your trolls. Sometimes killer mains that just want to sabotage the other side out of spite, or sometimes just people bored with the game and want to wreak havoc anyway they can. And lastly you have your sore losers. Those that will DC for no reason or maybe had a spate of bad games and yours was a last straw.

Whatever this game lacks, it has not failed in farming salt from most of its players.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575
    edited July 2022

The survivors prob were really bad as well then.

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424

I'd also say I think MMR was a bit tuned in this update (that or I've just been extremely lucky with my matches). I play both roles, but tended to play more Survivor because I found it less stressful and I have a lot of anxiety when playing games (which toxic Survivors loved to trigger). I played the PTB and wrote my thoughts and feedback in the matter (mostly in terms that I felt Spine Chill and Self-Care didn't need to be nerfed and how Endurance shouldn't stack the way it did), but found everything else rather malleable.

Needless to say I continue to be tunnelled off of matches before two generators are even completed. This has been my experience in 6 out of 10 games -- whether it is inexperience or just Killers loving to grief me, I don't know. I'm just mentioning it. My matches as Killer in the other hand have been less stressing. I feel I can do so much more without camping or tunnelling and I've been getting 2k to 4k without needing to sweat (as Sadako, I'd add). At the very least, I do hope in the near future something is done to solve the issues with camping and tunnelling. People may argue they are strategies, but with the new changes they are no longer needed... low and mid-tier Killers have more control of the match and I dread going against high tier Killers.

In a summary, I do believe most of these changes were done in the right way that now make the game feel somewhat more in-tune with giving the Killer more control over the match without being too overbearing, but I still think more changes need to do on both sides to solve some underlying issues.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

It is kinda funny to see a bunch of players cry foul about killer being too hard and jumping ship, to now be crying foul that survivor is too hard and wanting to jump ship.

I for one am welcoming the new changes, only had a couple of games as survivor so far but the killer actually felt threatening which is a good change.

This game is starting to feel as its supposed to.

I also like the lack of info between players its genuine survival horror, I hope they don't change it.

I'm sure it will settle down and people will carve out a new meta but so far the switch from wasting the killers time to trying to escape the killer is a healthy one.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Exactly, sadly there is a whole army of grumpy sore losers whom want a sense of fairness from an asymmetric survival horror.

The PVP power gamer crowd will always stop at nothing to ruin a good thematic experience in the name of competitive "balance."

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    edited July 2022

It's like it was a crutch or something lol

Lithe and balanced landing > old dh in terms of fun and balance lol

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Fine, I guess I didn't specify, but I always say soloQ<killer<SWF

• Gorgonia

the thing I've seen with pallets is that I've been dropping them behind me but end up on the same side of the killer... Don't know if it's a bug or what. Happened to you?

• CyberRoninX
    CyberRoninX Member Posts: 293

I know what you mean. I don't play killer much anymore because it was pretty easy to secure 2 kills a game and the update has just made it 4k almost every game. I've played killer for 5 hours today (and by no means am I the best killer) and I've had 1 survivor legitimately escape because I always give the last survivor the chance to find the hatch. Of my other games I gave 2 people the win because their teammates were afk and they didn't even stand a chance with out them and I lost one game by my own mistakes because I was playing on Grave of Glenvale and didn't open any of the doors that you can break and I left most pallets unbroken. Game is so easy on killer now yet killer mains are still complaining.

• InvadeGames
    InvadeGames Member Posts: 415

if your getting 4kd by awful killers then you are awful too.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

To be fair, really bad survivors were escaping

• Gorgonia
  • Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605

Well, what his patch can teach you is, if you're not good and can't win a game through skill, if you're loud and persistent enough and complain enough, you will be buffed to the point of forcing a win against better players than you are.

This, apparently, seems to be the Behaviour way.

• ad19970

What? That sounds horrible? So like you teleport to the other side of the pallet after dropping? Because I haven't had any such issues with pallets yet.

That is 100% a bug or some crazy lag from the sound of it.

• Gorgonia

I'm in the South American servers, from time to time we get yellow/red ping in lobbies for some reason. Wonder if it's a server connectivity issue or simply a bug. But yes, it's bad.

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702

You know why y’all are getting 4k’d by bad killers? Because you’re bad survivors who can’t win chases without dead hard and that’s a FACT. Y’all got way too comfortable having dh as a crutch, and now you can’t survive without it. Prove me wrong.

• verysleepy
    verysleepy Member Posts: 50

Really bad killers are getting 4ks because of 10s gen time that is all done simulataneously as killer can only stop 1 at a time.....

You having a laugh mate? I've played 30 games at sweaty MMR and the game is the same old fuckfest survivor bully simulator it's always been, this time with faster gens due to full loadouts for it.

But yeah a 10 percent boost to animations and 10 s gen time (gen rush takes 6 mins instead of 5) is making killers win!

Rephrase your topic to: my low MMR teammates sucked without their dead hard and we died due to no coordination.

/Thread