Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What do you hate most about this update?

2»

Comments

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

How to ask a loaded question 101.

Specifically what do you hate about it?... not what do you think of it?

The construction blueprints for an echo chamber.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Thana and the uggo AoT skins

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

It's obviously an exaggeration but I do think that we will see noticeably longer killer queue times in the coming days and weeks. And that will probably stay until survivors also receive some proper buffs to combat camping and tunneling much more effectively. And a few other buffs maybe as well. I have noticed that killers aren't only stronger now during the normal game, but it's also harder for survivors to escape the end game.

I have no idea why on earth survivors had to be nerfed in the end game as well for example. It's pretty ridiculous.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Gen times, thana buff and DS stun nerf.

I almost never used DS but the fact it was in the game made some killers not to tunnel right away like they can now.

Other than that I like most things, just kindred basekit would be nice.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

Legion with buffed slowdowns. I wasn't a fan before the patch but now it's worse. The nonstop mending and gen slowdown just feels like I'm making 0 progress in a match that is going on way too long.

Increased tunneling thanks to the DS nerf and less players running BT - 5 seconds isn't long and killers have no worries at all about even possibly eating a DS. Yesterday camping was bit worse but today the killers atleast leave the area where my Kindred picks them up, they just immediately return to the hook to down the unhooked survivor since there's no BT or DS.

The extra 20k BP you're supposed to spend every time you prestige and that you are forced to prestige. Not only did they take away players choice but they added a toll on top of it.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

I hate that it took 6 years for killers to get a patch that brought balance to the game. The last time we had this was the 1.02 patch that nerfed Self Care and Sprint Burst among other things.

They actually did something right for once. DBD might no longer be a scooby doo style montage chase game.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I think survivor appears harder because they're back to having only 2 health states instead of 3 😁

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    edited July 2022

That my teammates suddenly have become more than terrible.

My last match. Start on the temple map, next to a chest. Decide to open it, at 90% i hear the killer come (Nemesus) so i stop and wait until hes gone. I finish the chest, take the med kit. Run for like 20-30 seconds to a gen. Start repairing it. Finish repairing right as the killer gets his first hook. I proceed to go for the unhook, completely heal. Get chased by the killer, a hit, 2 rounds around the shack before he breaks the chase. I heal myself with the medkit. Go to the other end of the map in search for a totem to bless. Bless it while the killer gets his second down. I go for the unhook but have to wait, because hes patroling. Get the unhook, survivor runs towards the totem to cleanse Plaything. I wait until its cleansed to heal the survivor completely. We then run both to a gen and start repairing it. At around 25% THE OTHER SURVIVORS COMPLETED THEIR FIRST GEN!

Survivors complain about gen time, like its a issue. The real issue is, that some survivors completely refuse to do the objective.

Oh and before i forget. They were all prestige 10. So not the matchmaking matching me with survivors that have 10 hours or something like that.

/rant over

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Meh I don't think that is what people are complaining about. I have seen very few complaints about the DH nerf actually.

Today killer queue times have already been longer than survivor queue times even during the evening. Which is not a good sign.

Survivors will definitely need some buffs against camping and tunneling, and/or solo queue buffs by giving survivors more information they can work with. Until then I do believe killers will be enjoying fairly long queue times.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Are we looking at the same forums? All day I've been seeing threads about the game is dying and survivors are getting their ass's kicked because they need to learn how to loop again.

As for camping and tunneling. I feel the solution is to give killers reasons to spread out the hooks. Everyone is going to do what's best and the best thing a killer can do is take 1 person out asap.