Killer lobbys

Options

Did so many survivors leave? I literally cant find a single game as Killer

Comments

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,228
    Options

It's the morning, time for survivor queues. But yes, it appears many survivors have switched to killer. Many will probably go back to survivor once their MMR goes higher.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

Maybe the new Tome challenges have thrown things out of whack. Playing survivor isn't very fun when teammates are throwing matches to get their challenges done.

Or maybe survivor feels kind of crappy today because yesterday players were getting double the BP for playing survivor. I don't know about other people, but without BBQ/WGLF stacks, I don't really want to play either role unless there's a BP incentive, and the BP incentive was killswitched.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

This will go away soon. Right now a lot of people want to try out killer again that is all.

• tester
    tester Member Posts: 792
    Options

Same. My evening queue time was practically instant. Now I have to wait about a minute to find lobby. And every single match is a sweat fest. I still rarely lose, but I have to sweat with 4 gen slowdown perk and play in the most unfun ways (tunneling/slugging/camping).

This is not fun. Where did the chill evening matches go?

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Also incentive has died.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Yes, they all left and they are never coming back. 10 extra seconds on a gen and dead hard nerfs will do that. We were a strong group of individuals, but nobody could handle these changes. It is just unfair.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    Options

A minute isn't too bad of a wait. Before the last anniversary event it usually took several mins for a survivor lobby to pop, and the max 5mins for a killer lobby.

• tester
    tester Member Posts: 792
    Options

My normal evening wait is 5 seconds. I just timed last match: 1 m 40 sec.

This is not how it was during last rifts. Either matchmaking is different or survivors are quitting. We'll probably find out in a few weeks.

• Roadrunner
    Roadrunner Member Posts: 139
    Options
  • TheLastHook
    TheLastHook Member Posts: 495
    Options

Zero issues myself, they are still there.

At most is time zone dependent, or your mmr.

• PlayEvilDead
    PlayEvilDead Member Posts: 91
    Options

more are forming new swf, others leaving though not many YET, others stacking onto killer if they can't find a group that aren't c*nts so your evening matches will be harder and you should consider getting a switch for deranking every few games or so still since once you get your killer mmr too (tested myself on two accounts, and others have shared the same seemings from their own with me) high it creates a floor it never seems to allow it under ever again (even for new killers i noticed) no matter you throw 30 games in a row literally (I tested literally 30 in a row while I watched tv and played somethiing else) or you throw 4 or 5 game sin a row you'll sitll need to start doing it after every two or three 3k or 4k games in a row. It'll make killer on the account unplayable once the game has become nothing but sweaty or trolling SWF within a few months. I've already had to leave one account that was trashed for killer and don't even care hat i forgot the password since it became unplayable,t he one I tested that with. Hell I'd give it away for free rn if I could remember the login.

• Ayamir
    Ayamir Member Posts: 291
    Options

Same I am not used to waiting 30-40 seconds to get into a lobby my killer queue always used to be instant like I would ready up and get a lobby with 4 survivors in like 7-10 seconds used to be so fast but since the anniversary event killer queue are slower even in the evening.

and I am in Western Europe there are alot of players in the evening so my killer queue were really instant that's not the case anymore feels kinda weird.

nothing changed about the morning it's always slow since there isn't many survivors playing early in the day.

alot of players must be enjoying the new killer buffs I guess and SoloQ is not really a welcoming and fun place it is filled with frustration and despair.

• verysleepy
    verysleepy Member Posts: 50
    Options

Haha many survivors switched to killer? The ######### outta here killer is just as horrible as it was before at decent MMR.

Those 'survivors' are in for a reality check when they get their turd pushed in by any capable swf who aren't brain-dead.

Hilarious ######### post.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,219
    edited July 2022
    Options

Ruthless, cold hearted and cruel post. But not wrong.

As their MMR increases they'll realize good survivor teams, especially in a SWF are still more than capable of winning. What do they do then? They can't exactly complain about survivors being OP.

That will be interesting to see in a few weeks.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

The total number of players on Steam Charts remains about the same as it’s been for a long time (basically there was a bump as usual during the anniversary and after that ended the numbers returned to normal.) If there was hypothetically a shift and there are a lot fewer survivors then those players are trying killer out, they didn’t leave entirely.

Also keep in mind the matchmaking bonus being bugged and stuck on 100% for survivor on Tuesday and part of Wednesday heavily skewed the survivor numbers. Survivor queues were apparently extremely long during that time, presumably because lots of people wanted that big bonus, and now that its been temporarily turned off while they fix the bug they switched back to what they normally play.