Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Anyone Else Switching to Killer, now?

kizuati
kizuati Member Posts: 1,386
edited July 2022 in General Discussions

I've used to main solo queue survivor as of kate and play that for about 70% of my matches occasionally doing killer days and trying to improve on them.

Now I find myself spending 80% of my games as killer. Solo queue never was that great but now it just feels like an exercise in masochism. The few times I did get out was when the killer farmed or 2 of my teammates died because apparently nobody can last in chase on Badham now?

New killer buff is all well and all,but could we now spend some time giving the Solo Survivor experience some love?

Post edited by kizuati on

Comments

• kizuati

Queue times are horrible for both roles for me,lmao. Wish I had people to SWF with, goofing around with silly builds when all of you are goofing is much more fun.

• PlayEvilDead
    PlayEvilDead Member Posts: 91

Just understand the killer Q weon't be fast enough to dodge any more, and almost everyone will be SWF unironically a few months from now if they're still playing survivor. If some of us would rather wait 20 minutes and risk falling asleep or forgetting the game was on and coming back dead because we hated playing killer so much, well we'll be having the same attitude about not playing solo survivor now. Just brace yourself for plenty more killers to be dcing on offerings screen to punish SWF in lobbies by giving them a longer wait than the killer has to wait to reQ. That's the new meta in a few months. SWF and killers dcing on offerings to obvious swf.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

My last 4 solo matches felt just like the matches before the patch. So i´ll stay and continue playing survivor.

Its a ungrateful job, but someone has to do it.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I'd say survivor has been the most thrilling it's been in a while, I'll probably commit more time to it than before.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Honestly I just play whichever has shorter queues (which is mostly survivor now for me)

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited July 2022

I'm actually about to switch onto survivors, it takes much less time to que up than ever!

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,205

No, I still play both roles. I never used DH or DS anyway... so...

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 418

But I never used DH/ DS lol stop using that as an excuse for the fact the entire killer base kit and half their perks got buffed and acting like only the DH nerf made the difference lmao

• PlayEvilDead
    edited July 2022

Switching to killer looks like this, from the Djinn's point of view:

Unfortunately the Q is too long now to properly derank, so what I do is let them win when somebody has unbreakable which isn't often now for some reason. Otherwise they lay slugged and hopefully DC to not give me MMR.

• kizuati

I've personally not really used DH much for months now. DS is not a perk on my list beyond a bloodpoint incentive.

Solo queue is still horrible lmao.

• kizuati

All the meta slowdown ATM imo is significantly better versus solo queue than SWF. (Eruption, Overcharge,Thana,Penti)

10% is not a big difference? What planet are you on? I've got so,so many more hits not because survivors greeded a loop but because I recovered faster.

Survivors make quite a bit less distance now after a hit. It's very impactful.

• kizuati

"Solo queue is not that terrible"

"Solo queue just doesn't have the info SWF has"

Pick one. Uncoordinated teams are the weakest role in DBD.

• kizuati

who said anything about 1v1? I don't want old DH back? I want solo queue not be miserable. If you want to buff killers across the board,buff solo queue.

The weakest role in the game doesn't need nerfs. Period.

• zgameboy
    zgameboy Member Posts: 79

Please do switch, If you manage to not be a dog killer and go against good survivors you will see exactly why these nerfs happened.

• PlayEvilDead
    edited July 2022

Remember to two hook, and leave the hook so they're more likely to get unhooked unless you get people bming them in front of you which happens often regardless the side I'm on currently lol. Then at two hooks, tunneling each adequately making them FEEL singled-out to make them more miserable and make certain they know you want them to not be able to enjoy playing the game... then leave them slugged out. Follow them, down them again or their heroes to change places instead (if all escape you win because you LOST mmr and still made them suffer, you were completely in control the entire game so do not sweat it it's not about conventional winning it's about the REAL win against the user not the game). Let that occur one by one, adjusting your perks as you feel the need to keep up with the teams you're seeing that time of day. And just rake in the emotional rewards from it. You are literally siphoning their souls, juicy bit by juicy bit, learn to savor it. They wanted change, they got it.

You're supposed to make them suffer, and devs have said on a live old twitch stream flatout at least ONE person per match is SUPPOSED to leave it feeling frustrated, that's the way this cookie is designed toc rumble. Make sure, as before when solo was still playable even if you had to be a right c**t about it to make it through, that YOU are usually not the one left feeling like they'd been cheated out of their time in the match when it's over. Embrace the game's cruel design, and it will remain enjoyable. Just stop trying to play to win if you're not in SWF, killers learned that the hard way and now survivors have to learn it the hard way. The way you truly win is if you're the least miserable user after it's over with, bonus points for making others notably miserable. if that's not the way you wanna play a game, then play Evil Dead since even when you lose it's usually at least a Little bit of fun compared to this. This game isn't about your fun, it's about everybody else's unfun. That's the secret sauce.

"be careful what you wish for, you may get it."

• kizuati

Lemme hammer this point to you again since apparently you cannot read my posts.

BUFF SOLO QUEUE NOW THAT WE BUFFED KILLER

SOLO QUEUE AND SWF NEED TO BE CLOSE SO WE CAN BALANCE KILLERS PROPERLY

thank you.

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605

Please tell me what training wheels I have as a solo Q survivor. Deaha... ah damn that doesn't exist anymore. DS... damn it that's been a useless perk for months now, after this update it's just dead.

Self Care is a training wheel? Damn. Was it before? and now? Or is it a training wheel when combined with bottany knowledge AND a medkit?

The myth of OP survivors has been a weak one since 2019. Now it's just a joke.

• kizuati

when did I say killer is the problem? you're reading some different posts. I'm still talking about solo queue being miserable

• kizuati

You literally just give as much information to solo queue as possible that would match it to SWF.

Let them see loadouts. Let them see what teammates are doing. Quick chat wheel for "going to rescue, doing hexes, healing" etc.

A ping system. I really don't see how you're confused.

Another good change is remove the stupid archive challenges of "crouch entire game and never get hooked,escape through hatch".

• kizuati

DS is a joke right now. I literally tunneled multiple survivors yesterday and was like "oh I got DS'd oh no"

*downs survivor*

• EternalSinOfCain
    EternalSinOfCain Member Posts: 132

Still playing the 50/50 games like usual. Bronze 1 Killer now and Bronze 2 Survivor, solo Queue Survivor as well. Nothings changed for me. Never used Crutch Hard or anything on Survivor. Still doing "meh" as Killer depending if I get solo Survivors or a SWF. Gens fly faster as Killer now though.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,594

If you've switched to killer only because now survivor isn't as easy as it was, I predict you'll run back to survivor once you'll reach higher MMR.

• kizuati

I uh..what. Are you okay? Lmao. I've played killer, extensively. I went up against 6K hour plus team regularly.

My point remains about solo queue.

• kizuati

Yeah exactly that! I dunno why you brought up blaming killers. This thread was only about the much needed killer buffs really negatively affecting solo queue disproportionately and it needing buffs.

Nobody brought up the Old Old DS though? Only the 6.1.0 changes were mentioned. 3 second stun is a joke and the problem.

• kizuati
    edited July 2022

Reworked maps? 99% of the new maps are super survivor sided. Are you bad at chaining tiles by any chance?

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

I'm still playing killer just not touching solo Q, if others like it good for them.

Killer queue is annoying tho i waited 10min+ at some point, they need to fix matchmaking incentives asap not in 6 months, I will probably play solo queue with the +100% bonus but right now no thanks

• kizuati

yeah it was interesting to see that the matchmaking incentives actually made queues not too horrible on the killer side.

I wish they fix them and give them to both killer and survivor when needed since your killer and survivor MMR is different

• drsoontm

Given the tone of your reply, I just know you will not play killer for long. And telling someone to shut-up? Who do you think you are?

• Sumnox

"99% of the maps are super survivor sided"

So every single map except maybe 1 is survivor sided?

Do you even own this game?

• kizuati

Someone who has played killer for more than a thousand of hours?

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I want to switch to killer since playing survivor is a nightmare now. But the killer ques are so bad so there's no point

• kizuati
    edited July 2022

uh yeah? Eyrie,most of farm maps but especially cowshed,All The Springwood maps,Haddonfield, garden of joy,all red forest maps,that autohaven map with walls that span more distance than the great wall of china.

Tons of maps can have busted RNG in general. Maybe you just don't understand how to loop?

Edit: Almost forgot Predrop Plant.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

I never used DH and I'm used to sitting on gens. Not much has changed if you ask me.

• drsoontm

You are the one who said you seldom played killer and switched to playing it more now, something that many others are trying. As for the question, it was only about the somewhat rude part of your reply.

Not that it really matters but unless I'm mistaken, I'd be surprised you have a thousands of hours as killer. (About 18 times less killer wins than I do, but about 3 times more as survivor, and it matches your first comment).

Anyway, moving on ...

• kizuati
    edited July 2022

The hell are you classing as a win? Lmao. And yes,I've played more survivor as of late but I do have over 2 thousand hours so there was time for me to do both.

• MissiCiv
    MissiCiv Member Posts: 57

survivor is more challenging now it's pretty fun

• kizuati

If by challenging you mean that you're playing as 1v4 as a survivor,then yes.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

I think I will play lot less soloQ fof now but I already usually play more killer but wait times are very long so I think I just play another game. Right now when Im writing this im waiting to find killer match but when I play survivor I find match instantly. I only want to play survivor now with swf.

• Sumnox

Haddonfield survivor sided?

Maybe you're just a really bad killer? I don't think even the last buffs can save you either lol

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Playing both as usual. I now enjoy bringing Prove Thyself even more, gens need to be done and the point cap has been extended... Win win !