Kill rates

Options
RakimSockem
RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,972

I'll be really interested to see what kill rates look like after:

-1st day

-1st week

-1st month

Of the new updates. I know we rarely get those stats from BHVR every other year but it would be great if they compiled that kind of data and released to us to see if the kill rates are where they want them to be

Comments

• AReallyBoredHuman
    AReallyBoredHuman Member Posts: 48
    Options

The kill rates are definitely going to increase that's all I know, if I had to guess it would be a 70% kill rate on average at least for the first day/week.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I expect at the moment we’re seeing some flux where survivors who used Dead Hard are getting used to pathing without it, and people who didn’t play survivor before were enticed to try it by the bloodpoint bonus Tuesday and Wednesday before it got temporarily shut off. Over time it’ll settle down to higher killer rates overall because of the buffs to the killer in the base game stats (after all, increasing kill rates was intentional per the update blogs) but not as high as they are this instant.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,001
    Options

I can see a 70% kill rate for this first week, settling to 60% once players and MMR adjust. Which sounds about fair.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

One thing I would love to know also is "buffed" perk usage, especially on the Survivor side, lets see how much people went for Calm Spirit, Hope, Overzealous and other dogcrap "buffed" perks because except Distortion, Lightweight and OTR I dont think I have seen a single one of the other ones.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,972
    Options

hard agree there. I've always been a saboteur user for the past at least 5-6 months so I love that buff but the rest of the minimally buffed survivor perks still aren't getting used and the old ones were nerfed to hell so the perks you pick don't even matter or have much significance in the trial anymore

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,234
    Options

I didnt kill a single survivor, I just double hook. Most match I could 4k if I wanted to, a match in Haddon I think I could make 2-3K if I tunnel.

All match I played as Trapper with no Gen slowdown. But I have Plaything-Penti

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940
    Options

More like 80%, didn't lost any match since update playing mostly wraith and clown, I don't even run slowdowns except deadlock...

how anyone can think this patch is good ? even if you're biased and never play survivor you still need people to play against, it's far from balanced atm

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,001
    Options

I'm in a similar boat as killer, but I've also escaped about 50% of my survivor games since the update, sometimes as the last remaining survivor, sometimes multiple escapes, so...

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,234
    Options

To be specified

• 34% bottom MMR: Total average kill rate; Nurse kill rate; Solo vs Swf escape rate.
    • 33% mid MMR: Total average kill rate; Nurse kill rate; Solo vs Swf escape rate.
    • 33% top MMR: Total average kill rate; Nurse kill rate; Solo vs Swf escape rate.
  • HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited July 2022
    Options

The guys at Magic The Gathering (the card game) noticed there are 3 main personality patterns for the people who played their game, one of those was called "Spike" (the others being Timmy and Johnny).

Spike players are people who love to win, plain and simple, they dont care about fair, they dont care about strategizing, they just want to win, always win, its the only thing that drives them, theyll use the most busted tools, characters and strategies they can to win, one determining factor these kind of players have the other 2 lack is they can win 9 games in a row and lose 1 and that lose is going to put them on a very bad mood and make them feel miserable even if 9 out of 10 is a great track, they dont care, its winwinwinwin for them (the other 2 are more concerned about winning the way they like, Timmys love to smash Johnnys love to use weird "underdog" stuff and they usually dont care about losing as long as they get to win a few matches under those conditions so they tend to be more content).

Now onto my post, if you are a Timmy or a Johnny, even as Killer this patch is actually bad, there are no underdog strategies unless you play perkless and there is no "ME SMASH ME STRONG!!" strategies because I mean, is super easy to win, stomping is only stomping when you can compare it to close call matches... now if you are a Spike who craves only wins no matter what you are DELIGHTED, this is the kind of stuff that fills your dreams, ez modo after ez modo win after win, even if they lack substance it doesnt matter, you won and thats it.

I recommend people interested giving it a read, its amazing how well the 3 archetypes fit a lot of people and you can actually identify a lot of them just by reading their posts on this forum (or any other forum and game for that matter).

Also there are powertripping kiddos who love to feel strong, this patch also suits them.

• Alcuin
    Alcuin Member Posts: 460
    Options

PC killer is easy mode, right now. I play hard killers on PS4 and it's not a challenge. This game needs to boost skill not kill rates.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    Options
  • sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,628
    Options

Survivors are seriously sleeping on Hope. It was already a really good perk even before this patch.

• verysleepy
    verysleepy Member Posts: 50
    Options

Then your wrong because at 3000+ hours killer main, I ain't even averaging 50 percent right now.

And that's using the sweatiest perks on blight plague and legion.

Deluded survivors

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 94
    Options

Since the update I have 100% death rate as survivor. I literally played survivor mostly since the update because queues for killer is too long and I died in every single game. 7 hours of gameplay yesterday and died every single game. Needless to say im not playing any more survivor heh. It was all really boring non exciting games. I dont care about escapes really but I want excitement and usually all the excitement happens end game and never reaching end game.... Well its over for me thats for sure. And not only never reaching end game but also all the end game perks have been destroyed. Its just guaranteed death because why save when the survivor is just dead anyways?

Ill finish the survivor challenges when the extra blood points come out for playing survivor but other than that I wont bother with it.

Its really unfortunate how long the killer queues are. I much prefer killer.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

I hope the system can register when a suicide on first hook happens.