The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is it worth saving teammates?

How do you play?
Do you think it's worth it to save teammates from the hook?
Would you save someone who will leave you on the hook?

Comments

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    The more people you have in a trial the better, even if theyre being chased. So if you're able to then yes it's absolutely worth it. Also you get bloodpoints and emblem progression. 
  • Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    If somebody is actual potato and throws pallets left and right they are more useful on hook. But almost always its worth to try to save when playing in decent rank where your team mates are actually useful to you, not to killer.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Yes,

1) You get points.

2) Your team is more efficient.

Even if this person is bad it's worth rescuing them just because it's one more person to keep the killer busy until you can do the rest of the gens.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

It depends on the circumstance. I would argue that if someone is sandbagging (farming, etc.) the team and they get put on the hook, they're not getting off in many cases and I'm not blinking at that. If the killer camps, it's better if people don't go for it, but if you have the chance to save them, you should regardless of if you think they'd save you or not. The game is easier with a full team and you get pips and so on for going for a safe saves and helping out your team.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

Circumstances are key in this scenario.

Do i save people on hooks? yup i even take BT for extra safe unhooks.

Do i save people if the killer is face camping? No campers want you to be altruistic and feed into it.

Do i save the person if i have the doors open and can leave and the killer has NoED up? no.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@shanks3042 said:
    How do you play?

Yes, its another WGLF stack.
    Just make sure you dont die while saving

• perotx
    perotx Member Posts: 77

Yes, it's worth it. You get emblem points and bp's. Besides, it feels so good when you successfuly rescue someone from a hook in the end of the game. I just had a game recently where the huntress ran iridescent heads and infantry belt. We got all the gens done relatively easy, but as we were popping the last one, one of us got caught and hooked in the basement. My teammates were very reluctant about going back for them, but I sneaked into the basement, used balanced landing and got them off the hook. They had adrenaline, so we didn't take any time to heal and ran out as she was getting into the shack. She went for me, and since there were not tiles nearby, I got downed. She could've hooked me right there and facecamped me, but she got greedy and decided to take me to the basement. I decisived off her shoulder and ran towards the exit. I vaulted into a barn, and she decided to go around. I turned around and went back to the other exit, which was being opened by the survivor I rescued. Everyone lived. Games like this feel really good, and just for that feeling I would say it's worth it, even if you may get downed and killed.

• ViciousCJB
    ViciousCJB Member Posts: 8
    A hooked survivor means -10 points in benevolence for entire team.

Unhooking them gives you 20 points and returns those 10 points to entire team.

If however your unhook goes down before 10 seconds, you lose 30 points = -10

Unhooking survivors is the easiest way to get iridescent in benevolence.

Protip:
    There's 60 seconds until the entity is spawned, so use that time to do gens or you'll havev wasted their possible hook perks too (Kindred)
  • shanks3042
    shanks3042 Member Posts: 163

@Master said:

@shanks3042 said:
    How do you play?

Yes, its another WGLF stack.
    Just make sure you dont die while saving

That's it. Most times when I save someone, everyone will let me on the hook.
    Especially when the gates are open.
    Latest game one was hooked, two other near the hook, gate open. I saved that guy from the hook, killer downed me all other 3 escaped.