The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why does every nerf have to go to the extreme?

brokedownpalace
brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
edited June 2018 in General Discussions
Self Care to 99% and stop? Instantly back to 0. Why can't it have checkpoints? 76-99? Goes back to 75. 51-74? Back to 50. And so on. (Maybe even have the only checkpoint be at 50!)

Decisive Strike no longer let's anyone get free. Why not make it so only the obsession goes free and non obsessions only get the stun in place for 3 seconds?

Exhaustion no longer recovers when running. First of all, this is a pretty weak nerf to Sprint Burst and a big nerf to all the other exhaustion perks. Why not just make it so exhaustion recovery takes longer when running? Instead of 50% longer, bump it up to 75%? And make Sprint Burst only trigger after 3 seconds of running. That way it's still incredibly useful but requires strategy and timing. Plus, no more wasted Sprint Bursts when your finger slips and hits the button for a fraction of a second.

I understand that these perks need nerfs, but why does it have to go right to the extreme? At least test out more subtle nerfs first. If it's not enough, tweak the values again.

Edit: WHY is auto correct broken on this forum? 

Comments

• lay
    lay Member Posts: 25
    edited June 2018

Self Care is the only one that seems too extreme for me but anyway this game could use some teamwork just to mix things up. I agree with your take on Sprint Burst too, they completely missed the point of why Sprint Burst is so good and it ain't the mid chase potential but rather the kickoff and getting away of bad situations for free.

• TheChanelOberlin
    TheChanelOberlin Member Posts: 80
    These nerfs needed to happen. 
    With them killer might finally be rightfully OP.
  • brokedownpalace
    @TheChanelOberlin Why are you in jail?
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    @TheChanelOberlin Why are you in jail?
    Banned.
  • Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

@RemoveSWF said:
    You can't drop a pallet and then scratch your balls with Self Care while waiting for the killer to break it?

Be honest, you didn't care about the 1% progress you made anyway, you just wanted to grief him.

Always found that weird, why do survivor tap their self care while you're breaking a pallet. As if that 1% is going to change anything

• brokedownpalace
    RemoveSWF said:

You can't drop a pallet and then scratch your balls with Self Care while waiting for the killer to break it?

Be honest, you didn't care about the 1% progress you made anyway, you just wanted to grief him.

What's the point in making this comment? You're just trolling. I actually don't do that because it's a waste of time and I'd be better served putting more distance between me and the killer. And regardless the amount of progress made in that tap is nothing.. you'd lose like 2%.
  • Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242

It is fine. Use a medkit. It still does what it is supposed to do it is just it can be interrupted.

Don't worry though BHVR will probably keel over because they can never let their precious survivors have a challenging experience. They enjoy the angrypugs and the rest of the survivors that expect to escape 100 percent of the time and make an @ss of the killers while doing so.

It is honestly gross how much people want the game to just be a “taunt the lion" kind of game. Let them roll out the nerfs and see how it is from there. For once maybe we will have a balanced game, because how it is right now it is probably an 80-90 percent survival rate for me, and if I don't I'll at least pip. Survivors have way more control of the game than killers do. It isn't even close. If you want a tiny challenge then let them go through with these nerfs. If you want this game to continue on being a circus then keep these threads coming. Survivors need to stop running everywhere and stop taking dumb hits.... not that hard.

• SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201

The way you want SB to be iss actually great. the way it's going to be on PTB is still making Wraith, Pig, MM and others useless. You still can loop them till death, I know that because I'm playing with BL only rn (more because of that neat 75% stun readuction).
    Though, Idk about selfcare, you can bring in a medkit and only use it for the time you might get interrupted. Anyway, we'll see what happens to those.
    Also, DS might get a nerf for non-obsession one. I stil don't understand how it would work for non-obsession.

• Rob_Zombi3
    Rob_Zombi3 Member Posts: 31

@brokedownpalace said:
    Self Care to 99% and stop? Instantly back to 0. Why can't it have checkpoints? 76-99? Goes back to 75. 51-74? Back to 50. And so on. (Maybe even have the only checkpoint be at 50!)

Decisive Strike no longer let's anyone get free. Why not make it so only the obsession goes free and non obsessions only get the stun in place for 3 seconds?

Exhaustion no longer recovers when running. First of all, this is a pretty weak nerf to Sprint Burst and a big nerf to all the other exhaustion perks. Why not just make it so exhaustion recovery takes longer when running? Instead of 50% longer, bump it up to 75%? And make Sprint Burst only trigger after 3 seconds of running. That way it's still incredibly useful but requires strategy and timing. Plus, no more wasted Sprint Bursts when your finger slips and hits the button for a fraction of a second.

I understand that these perks need nerfs, but why does it have to go right to the extreme? At least test out more subtle nerfs first. If it's not enough, tweak the values again.

Edit: WHY is auto correct broken on this forum? 

Oh, welcome to DbD. Must be new there. THERE ARE ALWAYS EXTREME NERFS AND MAKEOVERS but this one would actually makes them game more balanced and if you are annoyed, maybe you should switch to killer side. Or maybe play another game entirely. Civ 5 comes to mind. Nuff said