How many of you STILL think the game is Survivor sided?

Options

Just curious as to who will go on record as saying the game is survivor sided at this point. You can feel free to distinguish between vs solo or swf.

Comments

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

It's definitely more balanced in the swf vs killer aspect, still not completely balanced but better. Solo Q however, is still bad and according to most, it's worse now. I don't understand why they don't do the idea of seeing what the other survivors are doing. I don't even think that would be enough but it's still an idea that should be tested.

• SekiSeki
    SekiSeki Member Posts: 516
    Options

Hey, you've giving a lot of good feedback. Can you check this out and give me your take on it? Be as critical as you want. Appreciate it.

Game Balance Attempt — Dead By Daylight

Posted that earlier in the forum.

• Gladonos
    Gladonos Member Posts: 392
    Options

Lol killers still think the game still favors survivors hahaha. That's rich.

Used to be killer was favored vs solos but SWF was favored vs killer.

Now it's killer stomps solos and is still slightly favored even vs SWFs.

• Huntressmain_1223
    Huntressmain_1223 Member Posts: 153
    Options

To me, the game is still pretty survivor sidded with the maps, and some of the perks are still pretty bigger than the other ones, like I had a game where self care literally carried the survivors out the gate, but I'm happy with the update and I feel the game is more balanced now At least more than it was. I still sadly don't know what to say for are precious solo Q's

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Based on the unofficial aggregate data I saw the kill rate went from about 49% pre-patch to about 64% currently so it's definitely been a boost for killers. Some of that increase though is a survivor learning curve because, for instance, 70% of survivors used Dead Hard and many were using it for distance and doing their loops and routing a particular way knowing they could take advantage of it (e.g. loop a car 3 times instead of 2) but now have to kind of relearn some of those loops to do it without the perk. Also survivors need to get used to the faster recovery speeds on killers and such. I think as time goes on they'll adapt a bit more and the kill rate will decrease to maybe 55-60%, still higher than it was pre-patch but not the rate it is today.

As to the original question, is the game survivor- versus killer- sided, I think pre-patch it was pretty even. Like I said above, the kill rate was just slightly shy of 50%, so maybe a very small bias in favor of survivors overall but nothing too significant. After this patch I think the balance has shifted to the killers a bit, it'll still probably end up being reasonable in the long run as things stabilize but there's definitely a skew in the short term this week.

And of course there's always that issue of solo survivors having lower escape rates than swf survivors. I don't think the patch made that gap wider, per se, but it's still just as wide as it was so hopefully the devs will eventually get back to working on that HUD change for solo survivors they talked about in January. I believe it was temporarily put on hold to make way for everything else in the pipeline this year but better later than never. 🤷‍♂️

• PrincessVers
    PrincessVers Member Posts: 22
    Options

It still is survivor sided. especially if you're up against a swf. Even much shittier if against a SWF on Comms.

• PBsamichShoe
    PBsamichShoe Member Posts: 314
    Options

Still too survivor sided. Survivors need to spawn on hooks at the start of the match.

Survivors who dont like it can run slippery meat and/or play a luck offering.

• Dunkinspunkin
    Dunkinspunkin Member Posts: 191
    Options

Overall the game is incredibly balanced considering the complexities of balancing an asymmetrical game. However, there are tons of situations where a game does not feel fair. This doesn't bother me, but this is why people so often cite the game as being unbalanced. Sure, certain killers/survivors with certain perks on certain maps under certain situations are going to be a blowout one way or another. Not all games are winnable if you consider the skill and circumstances. That shouldn't be a big deal. This is not chess, it's not even a league of legends tournament. Sometimes you're going to pick perks for an indoor map and get hit with macmillan, or you will solo queue survivor and get 3 potatoes on your team. This does not automatically mean BHVR needs to change something. Their game will never be perfectly balanced (or even close) when it comes to solo queue, killers, different levels of MMR, and of course, SWF.

So sure uh, i'll go "on record" to say the game is quite balanced right now, especially considering a clear survivor meta has not been re-established yet. Dead hard and DS nerfs are going to require some time for survivors to 1) figure out what perk builds are most viable, and 2) learn how to loop a pallet one less time or otherwise play differently without DH in their pockets.

• TinoTheThortino
    TinoTheThortino Member Posts: 35
    Options

I'm quite sure SWF are still better than killers.

Btw, for SoloQ survivors is really tough to get easily out of the match, so I'll say that the killer meta is a reality now.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,973
    Options

I dont think the game is sided at all, but in all do respect, I dont bring meta builds, I dont bring slowdown, I dont tunnel or camp, and most of the killers I play are widely regarded as "weak" by the community. Im basically shooting myself in the foot while playing. But I dont play for kills, I play for fun.

• JibbyNeutron
    JibbyNeutron Member Posts: 208
    Options

Whoever thinks that and openly admits that is kinda exposing himself as a very bad Killer player which we shouldnt really take balacing advice for.

I mean, you cant make it even easier for Killers at this point but just auto spawn survivor on hook at the start of the trial and let a 4% Kobe decide if the match is over or not.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    edited July 2022
    Options

One of the other threads, someone posted data from an unofficial aggregate site with numbers from the month prior to the patch and numbers from the current month included this week. Parsing it out gives an estimated kill rate for the post patch days.

P.S. Found the post

@Gindaen Say, what website are those numbers from?

• Tryharder
    Tryharder Member Posts: 173
    Options

Swf exist

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

That's interesting data, if accurate.

I always thought that as the skill level of the players involved got better, the game tilted more to the survivor side (i.e. if all players are beginners, the killer is likely dominating, whereas at high levels of play with coordinated teams/SWF's/outstanding solos, the survivors were likely dominating more often than not). With killers presumably doing very well at lower levels of play (and potentially having kill rates far higher than that 49% rate at those lower levels, leaving higher levels of play with even lower kill rates), it's understandable why changes were made if that kill rate WAS less than 50% across the board. The percentage you stated that might represent post-update numbers would seem higher than would be preferable, but I would be curious how that's being accrued across different MMR levels (i.e. are the "better' players having less trouble than their less "skilled" counterparts at survivor, and vice-versa for killer players?).

For the record, while I thought the game tilted in survivor players' favor prior to this update, I probably was in the minority in thinking it wasn't as far off from being balanced as I've seen a lot of people claim the game was. As of now, it feels like that gap was definitely bridged with this update -- how much that may or may not have pushed the game into "killer-sided" range remains to be seen over longer than just a couple of days we've had to draw conclusions thus far (my survivor experience and killer experience, frankly, hasn't been too much different than what it was prior to the update, just with minor differences, though those are only my experiences with it so far).

One could argue that a lot of survivor players were being hard-carried by either SWF pairings or perks (or both) to MMR ratings their skill didn't equate to -- this update could see the reverse occur, with a lot of killer players who might have the same thing happen to them now (which, if any tweaks are made in the future, could lead to some unpleasant matchmaking on their end).

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    edited July 2022
    Options

The game's foundation has been to favor the killer since the days of The Killer being the host providing a tremendous advantage to even now where hit validation is a joke and The Killer's end handles the hits. You can't talk about fairness when 'Favor the Killer' is the principal network philosophy for the game. It can never be fair in this regard. The Killer has an ongoing latency advantage in every match. This is nothing like 'Favor the Shooter,' where you eventually become the shooter; this is a one-way advantage solely for The Killer. The server handles even the one validated interaction - pallet stuns. At least those are neutral and the server decides. Survivors suffer these disadvantages in perpetuity.

• PBsamichShoe
    Options

You could argue that a lot of survivor players were being carried by perks or swf but then you wouldnt be taking into account the base kit buffs to killers like longer gen speeds, faster cooldowns on m1 and pallet breaking, faster activation of bloodlust, and decreased distance for survivors after being hit.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    edited July 2022
    Options

Did you read what I posted? I literally said in that same paragraph that the reverse could happen now (killer players getting carried by the current status quo to a level not equal to their skill level).

It's almost as if people on this board hear what they want to hear and filter everything else out.

• PBsamichShoe
    Options

I didnt finish reading, ive just seen so many posts of people saying sUrViVoRs WeRe BeInG cArRiEd By PeRkS im just in full warpath mode.

But yeah they definitely are being carried hard right now (killers). If they wait the typical 3 months to 3 years that it takes for them to make balance changes their might not be much of a playerbase left and yes many killers would be in for a rude awakening. It would literally take one reasonably decent survivor perk to make them all cry that survivors are op again at this point.

Im guessing they plan to release a single such perk with the next chapter to help increase sales but i doubt many people will come back or stick around if they wait that long.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764
    Options

Sweaty Swf can still be Op. Solo or duo q is more difficult, especially cause hard tunnel, or when killer is losing comeback facecamp. Also I think people Are tryng to Adapt to new survivor things to master (New dead hard, New perks combination). Solo needs more time then Swf I suppose.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939
    edited July 2022
    Options

It is still survivor sided unless you play a strong killer which isn't screwed over by survivors holding W and pre-dropping pallets at every pallet they run to aka Nurse which is why they want her nerfed so badly.

Every time I play crappy weak killers the survivors just pre-drop and you still can't catch them with bloodlust because it takes too long to kick in and in that time they can just leave the loop and go to another pallet.

Couldn't do anything as Sadako on coal tower due to this.

• TheMruczek
    TheMruczek Member Posts: 187
    Options

I think it is mostly survivor sided.

But that's more so to do with swf, how some items on survivor side are very strong (yes some of killer add-ons should be nerfed as well. I went against two MDR Spirit and it was not fun) and at least 10 maps are just straight up disgusting in terms of how much they were designed to basicly carry survivors.

Soloq now suffers and it feels extremly underpowered after this patch while swf is still busted and most killers struggle to beat them.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

No, but things need to be looked at. Mainly bloodlust, generator speeds, and tunneling and camping.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,560
    Options

Play Pig and see why.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,560
    Options

We still have pallets that you can't get survivors at, even with Bloodlust 3. That's an issue that has, once again, gone overlooked.

• zgameboy
    zgameboy Member Posts: 79
    Options

If survivors in a swf play optimally they would just gen rush while their froend is being camped and still win.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,223
    Options

It's still heavily in favor of survivors that are coordinated solo queue teammates are useless though so expect 0 gens to pop for a long first chase instead of 3

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

Game is still SWF sided. Many of the maps are still favoring survivors. Most of the M1 killers are still not worth playing.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,366
    Options

Too early to say, survivors need to settle/adapt and need to stop throwing a tantrum and play like normal instead of DC and giving up 2 seconds into a chase.

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383
    Options

DBD used-to be survivor-sided, but during the last 4 years it has been killer-sided, with exception of try-hard SWF teams on comms.

How can it be not killer-sided, since we got official killrates.... it's always between 55-65%. Only potato killers or people who are bad at math still think that DBD is survivor-sided.

• Audiophile
    Audiophile Member Posts: 319
    Options

I’m not surprised that some still think this game is survivor sided. I completely disagree but at least this is a civil discussion. When I consider all the solo games I play - like 80-90% 3-4k and knowing solo q is at least half of killer games… if they win just 40% of their swf games they would still be at a 60% win rate. I know this is just rough numbers and things will vary by skill level but… these killers winning my solo games aren’t even that good. It’s just the matchmaking continues to suck sack and with 2 or more bad teammates I’m basically fighting a ######### grizzly bear… not bright but still dangerous.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

It always will be survivor sided if you're good at the game, if your bad then killer sided maybe

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Not sure, killers have lot more chance than past but it's not like generators take infinity to finish.

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228
    Options

Coordinated survivors still better than killer. Playing like a team is what makes survivors strong. That's why Swf is insanely strong.