Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What your perk do you use after BBQ nerf?

I always used BBQ for blood points in pretty much every killer. So now that it's just an aura perk, I'm curious what everyone else runs instead.

I myself now use Thrilling Tremors which is a perk I've always liked, but felt pointless to run when running BBQ.

I know BBQ still works as before aura wise, but now with the freedom, I like the information Thrilling gives you.

Comments

• cannonballB
    cannonballB Member Posts: 387

For suvivor, I've had to switch to prove thyself, but the conditions on that are annoying.

I haven't found a BP replacement yet for BBQ. It's depressing. They say they reduced the grind but then take away the very tools to make the grind easier.

I haven't played much lately and it's not because I don't like all the other changes, the DH nerf, whathaveyou, it's because after P1'ing most of my people, I just don't care. Even if the journey technically is shorter, having to pay to prestige kills any motivation to play. I know that's a weird take away, but it's all I can think of. If I finish a match and I didn't quite make 20K, I have to go into another match just to move forward. No thanks.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 686

im not using aura reading perks. i prefere use Gen aura build. Its unusual, unexpected and super good.

I actually use

Surveillence

Ruin

Pain Resonance

Jolt (for m1 killers) or Overcharge for m2 killers

I dont like thrilling tremors because survivors are smart and when they know you have TT, they just drop the gen when you down any survivor, and that gen will be white and you never will know anyone is there

• geni
    geni Member Posts: 150

For high speed killers (nurse, blight, wraith, billy, oni): BBQ

For teleport killers (freddy, sadako, demogorgon, dredge): Thrilling Tremors

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 623

Yup, waiting around is boring. I've been using BBQ, Lethal, Bitter Murmur and Enduring (which was close to what my build was before the patch, swap enduring for corrupt or brutal) and the extra aura reading time is super nice.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

I've switched it out for monitor and abuse on every killer I play

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Whispers is pretty funzo.

• AvengerBear
    AvengerBear Member Posts: 100

Still BBQ. Before the patch, I only used BBQ when it actually benefits the killer I play, ie Nurse, Dredge etc. so nothing changed for me. The BP bonus was just a nice addition, but I don't really care not having it.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

I like using Darkness Revealed more so I've been using that instead. Cooldown is short and is like a good way to know where to go next whenever you want to know. Although Yamaoka and Coldwind are its weaknesses for sure, that I wont deny. Still fun to play with Iron Maiden in the build.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

Oh I run BBQ more often now actually. And it works wonders!

Dredge:

BBQ

Floods of Rage

Pain Res

Jolt (General Free Space)

BBQ was always a good aura perk, people just liked using it for the BP. Can't blame em

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I'm still running BBQ

• awustzdn
    awustzdn Member Posts: 317

I always ran Whispers on nearly every build in the first place, but I'm enjoying Discordance for being able to disrupt multiple survivors and pick up the easier of the two chases with the extra slot now.

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

Hex plaything, gives an extra objective many surviors normally want to do in order to keep their pants clean.

But sometimes I'll use one or two scourge hooks. Love them.

• S4ShadowWolf
    S4ShadowWolf Member Posts: 92

I've gotta say, I like the scourge hooks, but I wish there was better RNG with them. Sometimes you get a decent spread out and then sometimes they are only on one half of the map.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    edited July 2022

I've swapped it out for brutal, its fun smashing the pallets

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

The good thing about Darkness Revealed is that (if you aren't playing Dredge) no one is expecting it and if you don't open a random locker right in front of a hooked survivor, they don't have any reason to suspect you got it and won't give lockers the Dredge treatment.

But I also like Rancor. Gens will be done, no matter what (unless you like totally dominate... and then you obviously don't need), giving you a, steady update on were everyone is.

And the occasional mori of the obsession is always fun and a welcome treat. Bonus points if you got Nemesis equipped and go for multiple moris. There is a challenge were you try to stall the game via blocking exit gates and blood warden and try to get 4 Rancor mori, but that challenge is as stacked against you as they can be.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Maybe try to run Monstrous Shrine alongside? Having the basement hooks as a fallback option is pretty nice, and you can always run a blueprint alongside.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,171

I still use BBQ even after the change, it just feels nice to use. Though Im thinking about getting my hands on Sadako just for Floods of Rage. Overall I mostly use aura reading perks since it helps with hitting curves as Billy (or over-loop Corrupt Purge shots as Plague).

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I am swapping either anti-healing builds or tracking builds. Stridor and predator is a fun combo on Spirit.

Dropping BBQ made space for more targeted synergies combining perks of the same feather.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

I am still running BBQ on killers that can make use out of it, Dredge for example loves it. But, you can't go wrong with regression perks, it is a free win if you stack them. Killer games couldn't be more free right now.

I am abusing regression perks until they nerf them, I am a survivor main tired of playing against it. The only way they address it is if I get more people to see how oppressive it is.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don’t really like BBQ much since it never show auras near you, it makes it harder to react quickly to the aura unless you happen to be playing someone like Dredge who can get there really quickly. When I want a similar effect I use Scourge Hook Floods of Rage. But mostly I’m not even really running those sorts of perks at the moment, I’ve been having fun running all perks that directly help in chases. 🙂

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

BBQ is doing exact the same than before. So if u ran it before, ran it after.

• tendyhands
    tendyhands Member Posts: 268

You use... wait for it... BBQ. It's almost like BBQ is an insanely strong perk on its own for any killer with movement. The fact that BBQ got no nerf and noed got a minor nerf show how stupid this update is.

• FarmingGhostface
    FarmingGhostface Member Posts: 5

No way out, I still like having the 4 stonks, and it’s useful for lategame

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

Monstrous Shrine.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

On PS4, I'm running Deadlock to slow down gens so I can earn more XP. Once the Double Rift Fragment even is over, I'm not sure what I'll run.

On Switch, it's now just an empty space. I dunno what to run so I leave it empty. My build is Distressing, Beast of Prey, and Lightborn.

• Shenshen
    Shenshen Member Posts: 256

My Build hasn't changed much. I always play with aura reading and QoL perks and never with gen regression perks. Currently, I run Shadowborn, BBQ, Lethal Pursuar and Infectious Fright

• S4ShadowWolf
    S4ShadowWolf Member Posts: 92

What's so powerful about BBQ? All it does is show auras. Which can be blocked by gens, and is negated by distortion or even going in a locker