The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How can I contest a report

Recently I played against a streamer that reported me for "holding the game hostage". Now I can provide video evidence on both sides that the report was absolute bs, it was a hatch standoff that the killer went afk on hatch which didn't give me the prompt to jump in so I did the generators and opened both the gates. She kept going on about how I was the one holding the game hostage when she didn't give up the hatch and I "took to long to complete my only other option". 12 minutes to finish 2 gens and both exit gates. It took me 5 minutes to complete the gens and gates with the rest of the time simply trying to wait out the hatch standoff and maxing out my boldness because I didn't realize she was afk.

I'm fairly certain that such a thing will not result in a ban as even if you are unable to lift the report when I provide evidence if needed I assume that my account is pretty clean. I would also like direct confirmation if possible that such a report was not correct so I can provide solid proof to the streamer so they won't do such a thing again.

Best Answers

Answers

• mewbusi
    mewbusi Member Posts: 5

Bumping this to get some recognition.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

Just ignore it, one random report on an otherwise unblemished record will probably be ignored.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    The streamer if recording will show the devs you did the gens and got out, you did not hold the game hostage you were cautious as to not give them a opportunity to kill you nothing more.

Ignore it they are just upset you outplayed them.
  • Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

Oh ignore it, someone was going to get me banned for "body blocking" i was merely squatted near a ruin totem, protecting the person who was doing it so i would get the hit....then got accused of body blocking even though i got the hit...

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

LOL if anyone could be accused of holding the game hostage it's the killer, and even then it's not a hostage situation. Maybe they should just hit you next time if they are going to let you leave anyway.

• mewbusi
    mewbusi Member Posts: 5

@thesuicidefox said:
    LOL if anyone could be accused of holding the game hostage it's the killer, and even then it's not a hostage situation. Maybe they should just hit you next time if they are going to let you leave anyway.

If I remember correctly her reason why it was me holding the game hostage was because she couldn't throw the game and hit me. Because throwing the game would be against the rules. She's a couple of apples short of a basket.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Hitting a survivor knowing they'll immediately get the hatch is not "throwing the game." Plus, since gens were still left to do, it is safe to assume the others weren't escapes, but sacrifices. So she's doing pretty good as it is. Some people...

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    mewbusi said:

Recently I played against a streamer that reported me for "holding the game hostage". Now I can provide video evidence on both sides that the report was absolute bs, it was a hatch standoff that the killer went afk on hatch which didn't give me the prompt to jump in so I did the generators and opened both the gates. She kept going on about how I was the one holding the game hostage when she didn't give up the hatch and I "took to long to complete my only other option". 12 minutes to finish 2 gens and both exit gates. It took me 5 minutes to complete the gens and gates with the rest of the time simply trying to wait out the hatch standoff and maxing out my boldness because I didn't realize she was afk.

I'm fairly certain that such a thing will not result in a ban as even if you are unable to lift the report when I provide evidence if needed I assume that my account is pretty clean. I would also like direct confirmation if possible that such a report was not correct so I can provide solid proof to the streamer so they won't do such a thing again.

Associate Community Managers see everything that happened in your game, if you obviously wasn't holding the game as hostage then the Associate Community Managers will obviously ignore the report.
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Yee.. best to ignore it and / or tell them to eat their report and leave it at that... Sometimes I think people want to sucker you into saying something that can get you banned.