I don't get the Thana hype

I just don't see it.

I've played 3 games of Legion with Thana, Oppression, Gift of Pain, Overcharge, No Sleep Pills and that add on that speeds legion up by .3% after each frenzy hit in Midwich, Pretty much everything was in my favor. Even with all that and all 4 of them injured they were still pumping out gens, even popping some right as I'm getting to them. It legit felt the same as it did before the patch.

To be fair the game doesn't feel much different overall. Survivors can still hold W to a close loop (Which there can be a lot of), Survivors can still heal in an empty corner with a boon, they can still get a pallet drop with dh.

The only difference I've seen is that all the people who RELIED on dh absolutely suck without it and the people who didn't rely on it feel the exact same to play against.

So I'll restate the title but word it a little differently...

I don't get the hype.

Comments

• alunsa
    alunsa Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2022

How many hooks/kills did you get that game? Also wouldn't it be better to test it multiple times with different perks (for different synergies) instead of just one build if you want to feel out how strong it is?

*edit- i miswrote game instead of build

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

The problem is that thana can make a gen take 115.3 seconds instead of 100 seconds last patch + Gen regression gets more value since you can have 15%(normally 13.5s) of a gen that took 20 seconds with max thana taken away with PR. It also combos very well other slowdown like gift of pain which doesn't necessarily combo, but it makes them eat the 16% to avoid thana while also not being a super easy down with faster pallet breaking etc. Thana can still stack as well on top of that if not everyone is healed so it's either the 16% + any thana stacks active or you eat up to 22% of thana.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,443

I condone this post, like it or not these changes have been incredibly huge, specially favoring killers, and altho I personally think thana isn't even that good now and is just a case of mass hysteria, killer perks have to be watched closely to avoid the killer meta becoming way too annoying or just play unfair to soloq, in fact I fully believe sbfl on demo or other killers that can save stacks is way more powerful than thana on plague/legion, and my leagues more powerful.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,828

Take off Gift of Pain and Oppression.

Gift of Pain doesn't work with Legion as no one heals and Oppression is just terrible.

I think "Forever Legion" is overhyped but if you want to slow the game down as much as possible as Legion use Thana, Overcharge, Eruption, Call of Brine.

Pentimento/Plaything is another thing I see people use with Legion but it doesn't really work as Plaything negates your tracking, making it harder to get multiple hits.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

So start running something like discordance, eruption. Discordance should be particularly good in that meta.

I have been seeing 1-2 prove thyselves per game but thought nothing of it because despite using 0 slowdown im doing fine. Granted im playing nurse and its probably worse for m1 killers.

• Dead_Harder

Oh yeah, stbfl is nuts on some killers now. Survivors get 1.1 second of distance at 8 stacks. Thats ... impressive : D

• Dead_Harder

Was going off of a graph i saw a day or 2 back, sorry if its wrong.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

There is no hype. Survivors just hate playing against it. It is not magically good, if that is what you were hoping.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

Just played against a Legion that was using Thana and the add on that makes you Broken after you mend.

Pain

• The_BiggCheeze
    The_BiggCheeze Member Posts: 457
    edited July 2022

Well I've been constantly hearing about how the killers got over buffed and it's making survivors quit "Game's unfun" blah blah blah ######### like that. I'm just hear thinking like "What the hell is everyone talking about?"

• The_BiggCheeze
    The_BiggCheeze Member Posts: 457

I generally get around 2-4 kills recently it's been 3-4 because I've been getting paired with people who don't even know what mending is. It's like they turned off matchmaking or something. And yeah I've been swapping perks in and out and I still don't feel a difference.

• Rescultir
    Rescultir Member Posts: 185

Why would you go off of a graph instead of hoping in the game and testing it yourself? These minor changes don't do anything for killer. The only thing that mattered in this patch was borrowed time as a base kit which is fine but when you have the base kit+the perk, the game is nuts. It'll only be a matter of time before the good survivors know how to abuse it.

• Dead_Harder

Cause i am not going to get a timer and check it? It feels plenty strong on gunslinger.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889
    edited July 2022

Gift of Pain is still useless. I tried it in combination with Thana, i think the only killers that gains some profit out of it are hit and run killers and maybe Legion (and Plague but i don't know if cleansing counts as healing). To get value from it, you have to go out of your way and leave survivors that were scourge-hooked and just healed. The moment you hit them the effect is gone. But in order to win against competent survivors you have to pressure them via double hooking (they will play more careful then) and eventually kill them. 12-hooking is definitely easier now but you will need good slowdowns against a good team. Getting value out of this perk means basically that you play in a detrimental way.

Thana is alright on killers that have 3-4 people injured all the time. 2% more doesnt sound like much but i played it in combination with other slowdowns. Together with the gen speed nerf it felt oppressive. I still think Jolt+Pain Res or Eruption+ Overcharge or +Call of Brine (+maybe Brutal Strength) is better on most killers.

lol. Gens are 10 seconds longer now, kicking takes 2,5% away, new slowdowns that aren't much worse than the old ones - "its way worse than before now"

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

People oversell it. Make no mistake, Thana is nice on Legion, and they're the best user of the perk hands down (yes, better than Plague). But... it's not a instant win or anything.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited July 2022

New slowdowns ARE much worse than old ones, though.

literally everything is worse version of old one, maybe eruption is decent but anything else is pretty much trash.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Considering the fact that overcharge is bugged right now and is giving you free regression, which doesn't give sparks but still regresses the gen and regression on top of that stacks, and you still aren't doing well. All I can say is that you've got to be really really bad.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Until overcharge is fixed, do not recommend that people run the perk.

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450

Don't know why you posted this honestly. It just proves that even with all these crutches against solo q survivors, in the easiest state for killer the game has ever been, with an overpowered set of add-ons, you still lose. I hate to say it but this a heavy skill issue.

• Slingshot47
    Slingshot47 Member Posts: 158
    edited July 2022

I don't get it either. Ever since CoH, Thana has largely been ineffective on all but Legion and Plague because of how fast (and often hidden) heals happened. I still see CoH quite often, and medkits are still strong enough that Thana doesn't work on other killers. Otherwise, I don't see how a whole 2% slowdown is enough to ruin the game when Prove Thyself, Toolboxes (especially w/ Brand New Parts), and Resilience can all override this effect.

• Rescultir
    Rescultir Member Posts: 185
    edited July 2022
  • VoidOfMe
    VoidOfMe Member Posts: 416

isn't it funny how people used thana even before it got buffed and now that if got a buff they're saying it's not a good perk? lol

you guys don't even try to be consistent on your arguments

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 662

I think people are missing the point of the thana complaints. It's not the extra 2%, but the added 10 seconds of gen time that came with this patch on top of the slowdown. 115 seconds of gen time is indeed pretty painful, and even if you take into account that you need all 4 survivors injured to get the most value out of it you can't forget other perks that also increase gen times even further. I don't want to bring extremely specific perk combos that might help me mitigate this massive slowdown when the main attractive of the game is the actual chase against the killer.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

115 seconds of gen time is only about 15% more painful than 100 seconds of gen time though.

• Dunkinspunkin
    Dunkinspunkin Member Posts: 191

It's simple, people get real mad when a game is slower, and they are looking for anything to blame. So instead of saying "maybe I should run prove thyself and learn to 2-man gens with a toolbox", they just yelled at the first patch note they could blame.

It's simple, but really, really sad :)

• VoidOfMe

oh, so it's ok to make meta perks now?

wasn't this patch made because people were using the same perks over and over again?

now you want everyone to run OTR and Prove Thyself so you can complain later on that PT have to be nerfed?

you know better than that

• Dunkinspunkin
    Dunkinspunkin Member Posts: 191

Um, you're 100% correct that it's ok to have meta perks. You clearly misunderstand. Nobody is pretending a meta shouldn't exist. The devs said the meta was stale and they were correct.

It sounds like you thought you just delivered the death blow with your argument, but you ended up outlining my point rather well. Thanks guy!

• VoidOfMe

not really, you don't need me to be that pretentious, it seems like it's something you do very well.

so now we wait until this meta becomes stale and you start to complain about the same things again I guess

and btw, you're wrong, they said the problem was survivors and killers running the same perks every match so they changed a lot of perks to make people not having to bring the same perks to the trial and make it more dynamic. Now there are already 2 perks we MUST BRING to have a chance to succeed, soon enough, the prove thyself meta will be the problem.

• Dead_Harder

lol. Yeah the number of times i see people doing random ######### on bbq is way too much since the patch

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

People are just overreacting to the buff. Like they're overreacting to the survivor nerfs.