Do you enjoy facing an average Nurse?

Options
A_Can_Of_Air
A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,022

I play on controller and I’m starting to get a good feel of playing Nurse. I still mess up and some survivors are better at predicting and mind gaming than me, but I’m getting better. I run Sloppy, Thanatophobia, Nurses Calling and Shadowborn, just to play into her own perks and the whole “making it dangerous to heal around Nurse” thing.

I’ve seen good nurses going crazy with massive slowdown builds or Starstruck Agitation and I know these games can be a drag, especially when they slug. I tend to just go straight for pick ups and only slug if there’s a survivor right in front of me along with the one I downed.

Im just wondering how people feel about more level Nurses that do well but not crazy well?

Comments

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 808
    Options

Yes. I enjoy facing all Nurses (but ngl the mediocre, not baby but not pro, are the most fun). I love testing my mindgames :D

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

No

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

With how quick and precise reactions you need on chain blinks i have no idea how one would play nurse on a controller, no joke.

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394
    Options

I don't even like playing against bad nurse. I prefer good nurse because it means my struggle ends faster

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Don't really enjoy extremely good or extremely bad nurses, or any nurse when it's been 3+ times in a row

• agonizing
    agonizing Member Posts: 176
    Options

honestly it’s too easy to the point that when they mess up a blink it works in their favor.

I prefer going against top level Nurses as long as my team knows to do gens.

• A_Can_Of_Air
    Options

She feels better than Trickster at least. It’s really just down to muscle memory. When you’ve used game pads your whole life it’s just a matter of getting used to how she plays. Would a KB+M be better? Of course, but I can never get used to them and gamepads feel more natural.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,628
    Options

No

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Yes.

Out of the last dozen Nurses I've faced, only 2 have 3-4k'd - and one of those was during the MMR testing, and had triple the hours of any of the survivors.

The average Nurse isn't that bad - the issue is that, at the highest levels of skill, there isn't much counterplay.

Nurse needs a complete, top to bottom rework.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,221
    Options

I love going against a Nurse. Its often pure mind-games.

I don't enjoy to go against beginners though. They tend to give up pretty quickly.

• Dead_Harder
    Options

Fair enough, if you can make it work and she is fun to play, thats all that matters.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

The average nurse is fun to play against !

'All slugs' Nurses are a pain and unfun, but to be fair, that's mostly because ANY "All slugs" killer is a pain an unfun.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

Of course. Thats when real good survivors deadhard shines, because they time it perfectly and dodge the hit.

• A_Can_Of_Air
    Options

I use controller on PC, but only because I’ve been a console gamer all my life and can’t ever get a grip of KB+M. My set up is more casual as well so I don’t even have much room for KB+M gaming.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

i dont care, i die anyways

• Dead_Harder
    Options

The difference between winning and losing against a decent nurse imo is how fast you go down imo. Yeah there is basically no denying that you will go down but the difference between going down in 15 seconds and going down in 1 minute is massive. Dont think she needs a top down rework but at least her add ons need a nuke.

• A_Can_Of_Air
    Options

I mainly use the brown horse and plaid flannel add-ons, any other add-ons mess with my muscle memory.

I’ve noticed in games where I take to long to down people and fail mind games/shorthand blinks, generators WILL get done at a fast rate if the Survivors are good.

I like Nurse as a character that much that if they completely revamped her power, I wouldn’t be mad. I know her power essentially breaks the game but that’s up to BHVR to decide if they really want to keep her in this state or not. So far, I get the impression they don’t want to change her.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

Nurse has a specific skill level from where on it is just not fun to verse her anymore. Because then it's only the killers fault if the Nurse misses/ loses. A mediocre Nurse can be juked and this can be fun but against a very good Nurse, it's all about teamplay, genrush, taking chases etc., because she doesn't have any real counterplay anymore

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,126
    Options

Juking a Nurse is very satisfying, since it actually puts meaningful distance between you and her. The after-blink cooldown is a pretty solid reward for outplaying the Nurse and makes it feel much more satisfying to play against one that isn't god-tier.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

no freaking way

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    Options

I like facing any Nurse not using range addons or insta-down perks

Even if they're really good, it's good for learning. I feel like I do a lil better against a good Nurse each time

Unless they have range addons, then I feel like nothing I do matters because reaction time/speed etc.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I hate it

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,225
    Options

Sure!

Nurse has always been fun for me!

• HelloYou
    HelloYou Member Posts: 99
    Options

Some basic tips:

Use plaid flannel addons once and ONLY once so you'll have some understanding of the blink mechanics. Remove it and play without it to develop muscle memory for it. The only exception i see justify using Plaid Flannel addon again, is to learn map blink deadzones in a costume match.

Want to get good at chases ? Use BBQ and Infectious only and try to be non stop chasing and slugging.

Don't play to win, play to generate as much pressure as you can.

Sometimes it is better to play perkless and BE pressured by survivors to learn how to deal in such situations. Playing perkless also helps learning survivors behavior during the trial without relying on info perks.

Play for your OWN fun and not for survivors fun, which means you go to the trial with the intent of killing them and not to babysit them.

To be consistent and reach higher skill level, you need to tryhard most of your games but stop if you feel burned out since that will have a negative effect.

And someday you might reach the Mythical God Nurse Status, so some low skilled casuals cry and moan while God survivors appreciate your dedication and thank you for giving them a very fun and challenging match.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

She’s not one of my favorites to go against in general. Just my opinion though.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

Not sure what an average nurse is. They seem to be either really strong or really weak. No in-between.

• tinycrow
    tinycrow Member Posts: 37
    Options

No, I do not. It doesn't feel rewarding to know I'm only successfully looping a nurse because the player isn't good.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

No.

The average ones are usually the ones that also bring multiple slowdown Perks and good Add Ons, which makes the game unbearable again.

I just heavily dislike Nurse in general.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    edited July 2022
    Options

if the nurse is decent and also bringing pure slowdown , broken strong addons , slug fest playstyle , and also hard tunneling , them a 100% NO , most of my games against nurses are miserable either someone dying being tunneled or me getting slugged or camped and my teammates dying trying to save me at 3 to 5 gens. (playing the nurse game isnt interactive or fun as some people say)

you just hold W or rely on breaking LoS everysingle time , pallets dont do nothing looping doesnt exist , you are just forced to smash gens.

(basically luck depending if you make a right guess against nurse, YOU ARE FINE , if you dont them YOU JUST DIE simple)

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,221
    Options

All true ... but.

I wouldn't recommend a "fresh" player to play perkless because acquiring that game-sense takes a while and it would be a severe handicap to learn both.

I would use four detection perks instead of two. Again, to learn patterns. That one from Ghostface, or Spies from the Shadow, ... anything that allows the player to see survivor moving when they have broken line of sight.

I would also recommend to spend a lot of time just blinking from and into hard-to-reach places, so it becomes natural.

The only place where playing without anything is painful is "Garden of Joy". The fog and the many line of sight blockers are a pain against stealth survivors.

• MommyHunktress
    MommyHunktress Member Posts: 634
    Options

an average nurse is one of the scariest and most fun things in the game, you can pay attention to how they blink and they wont automatically realize to change their playstyle and just instantly down you

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,373
    Options

An avarage Nurse is ok for me. When i can still get away sometimes or maybe escape.

The hardcore Nurses are not very fun. Last days i got unusual many of them.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

I mean eh. I hate playing against nurse all around. I just feel bad for any other nurse who isnt a good nurse since they usually get rolled.

• HelloYou
    HelloYou Member Posts: 99
    Options

Playing perkless as a fresh player imo is the best thing to do instead of relying on perks from the get go. True it takes a while to develop Gamesense and it is brutal at the start, but this way will gain you more experience, and said experience can be used to save perk slots for other areas than info. Trying to jump the gun using perks instead of raw skills IS a handicap imho.

Four info perks is too much. Ghostface perk I'm All Ears seems to be good, but i personally won't recommend due to the fact you will develop bad habit of relying on too much visual info rather than sound info, Headphones are your best friend.

I agree, but sadly BHVR won't let players start a solo costume match to learn maps and such at our own pace.

Have no experience playing on Garden of Joy map since i stopped playing the game around NFT incident, and even though i logged few time in the event to farm the masks i didn't get to experience it so can't really judge how it's like playing in it with Nurse.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    Options

I enjoy not being camped and tunneled, and good Nurse's don't generally do that. Doesn't change the fact that it can still be frustrating, but then, plenty of killers are unfun and frustrating to play against

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,280
    Options

No only because the second my teammates hear her scream at least one will dc