Really Enjoying Survivor

Options
Pulsar
Pulsar Member Posts: 20,585

This is sarcasm. I have gotten TWO forever Legion's and two Plague's who refused to chase anyone out of their 3-gen and refused to let the game end until we literally both got in lockers at Shack for 5 minutes and had crows.

Holy ######### is it miserable to play Survivor rn

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,183
    edited July 2022
    Options

Its always a bless for me that to get with 2-3 swf, I always like to separate from them and make noise to make Killer comes to my side and leave teammate doing Gens. Its really fun to see Killer trying to find me while a Gen done behind, I have done this with noise making build (Diversion, Anymean, Sabo, Bond) against Demo in Lery, 3 Gens done before Demo even able to find me and start first chase.

Though unhooking gain the most point, 1 hook equal to a Gen. Not surprise if one gets alot of BP. BP doesnt prove that much. I could do 3 Gen alone, and do some totems while another teammate just go for unhooking, healing... and my BP is half of theirs. Unhooking BP is the reason I cant trust post score.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

But they didn´t do a gen. They just attempted rescues against a camping killer, while injured.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

I haven't gotten any Plagues with Thanataphobia, but I have gotten a few Legions with it and it wasn't the hell I've expected it to be.

Granted, I'm at the bottom of the SBMM barrel, my friend and I have been running random Perks ever since the update came out, but we still manage to escape

• Pulsar
    Options

I escaped once tonight and it was versus a Deathslinger who literally just bought the game.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,914
    Options

Had a Deathslinger do the 3 gen strategy from spawn in. It was on The Game map and it was working for him. Had a gen above the stairs, at the bottom of the stairs, and one in the middle area. Had Jolt, Overcharge, etc. I knew what he was doing and kept focusing on one particular gen but i just couldn't pop it as hard as I tried. Eventually died and didn't spectate, so I dunno how the team went but a Laurie appeared to help me with the gen shortly before my final hook, so I think she caught on too.

• Pulsar
    Options

Yeah, Overcharge can be really hard to hit. It's basically harder DS that you don't know about at first.

Plus, I think when you hit the Overcharge skill check it triggers Call of Brine's notification, not sure tho

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,914
    Options

I'm pretty sure it did. I didn't stick around to see the killers perks, so Jolt and Overcharge were the two I picked up on. But the gens regression made me think CoB was in play, and I barely had any time on the gen before he was back on me. Was a tough match

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

It's pretty miserable right now. For me anyway.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,705
    Options

I guess I'm lucky as I haven't played against a single Plague this update. I always hated Plague and I'm so glad I haven't seen her much lately.

Personally though, I actually have still been enjoying survivor lately. Yes solo queue is still a mess, but it doesn't really feel that different except I guess there is more people ragequitting now than before.

• Pulsar
    Options
  • Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,860
    Options

I bought the rift and I want my auric cells back. Its gonna take a while but I need to play until I get it. I could just play killer but I am not in a good place to sweat for points right now.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

Wait until you face forever Freddy.

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374
    Options

I have quit playing DBD. Just not worth the stress. Maybe the developers will be able to fix this but they are going to run into another major issue fixing this. There's going to be a massive amount of butthurt from Killer players, because the developers basically gave killer-players a bunch of gold on a silver platter. It's going to be a mess trying to get all that gold back.

I kind of wonder if this patch didn't sink the game, to be honest. If you don't fix this current mess quickly (which isn't happening yet that I see), and survivors will start quitting in mass (after they've gotten tired of AFKing, DCing and Suiciding on Hook). If you revert this mess of a patch, Killers will be butthurt, because you basically gave them everything and taking it back will just anger them.

I'm curious how the developers will solve this pickle they got themselves into.

• Pulsar
    Options

Did play against a Freddy today.

He got 4 hooks and then decided to facecamp a guy at 2 gens left.

• Pulsar
    Options

It's really not that hard to fix things, you're blowing it out of proportion.

A couple tweaks and everything is fine.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Yeah, this sucks - but it's not really anything to do with the new patch. It's the same as 'stall squads' or people who play hide and seek the second the match starts going south - the goal isn't so much to win as to drag the game out ad infinitum in the hopes that the other person quits.

3genning is annoying, but it's something that survivors can do a lot to prevent.

• Pulsar
    Options

Let me just tell the Mikaela and Meg who have no idea what the term "3-gen" means to not 3-gen us.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options
  • StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Ah. You're playing solo.

Yeah, solo queue is going to be annoying sometimes, and no amount of baseline voice chat or status icons is going to convince people not to bork your game, go AFK, suicide on their first hook or DC the second they hear a Dredge.

It's...unfortunate, but not something that can easily be fixed. A team role will always be sub-optimal with randos, as coordination is key.

You're a pretty experienced player - have you tried grabbing some people off the DbD Discord? It's really quick and easy.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

It’s ok you will still have people defend that gameplay

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

This is why they should show OTHER SURVIVORS if there's a SWF in the lobby. If there's one I'm dodging.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

The problem with "Forever Freddy" was that he was also stacking slowdown addons. Those have been nerfed so there isn't a forever Freddy anymore.

• Kelsey
    Kelsey Member Posts: 4
    Options

Same. I practically only play solo queue so that makes it 10 times worse

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 939
    Options

Yeah it's miserable, and literally nothing in patch 6.1.1... time to take a break I guess

• MadEyePopo
    MadEyePopo Member Posts: 138
    Options

For me I almost exclusively do soloQ. I don't see any big problems except that I do not end up escaping as much.

I mostly play killer/murdler so I'm below average skill on survivor so that may play in to my perspective. This will all sort out once the meta begins to clarify itself.

As for killers camping/tunneling, I wonder if it has to do with BBQ losing bloodpoint incentives. There's just not the motivation to run around all over the place? I don't camp, but I must admit it has crossed my mind in some cases when nothing is going my way since the BBQ BP stacks are gone.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,197
    Options

This!! I used to play Solo for hours before because it was fun. Now after 1 good game I just close the game and leave it on a good note 😂 Why look a gifted horse in the mouth ya'know.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    Options

I've been noticing some disgusting 3-gens lately.

Like... the Plague can puke on all 3 gens with a single purge, type close.

I've also been noticing some really gross hook spawns without offerings.

I've seen hooks spawn literally back to back, and I've seen hooks spawn so far that survivors are reaching 90%+ without Breakout, Flip Flop, or other perks to help wiggle off.

In fact, I think the worst offender I saw was survivors running two Petrified Oaks, and two hooks spawned within 4m of eachother on Rancid Ab.

Curious if something in the code has changed, since the addition of new tiles on MacMillan.

• JeanCharpentier
    JeanCharpentier Member Posts: 370
    edited July 2022
    Options

Cause this community has always been toxic and the devs have promoted this mentality for years.

"Camping/Tunneling is a strategy, nothing wrong about it, it is an intended mechanic"

Those behaviors should be perma HWID banned when abused games after games after games.

Devs have given extra time for the killers to balance the game around more chases/hooks but killer mains have chosen to use this extra time to camp and tunnel without being punished.

It is time to uninstall, stop to post here, uninstall and move on.

• akumaks13
    akumaks13 Member Posts: 42
    Options

it sucks to play as a survivor now

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374
    edited July 2022
    Options

Maybe I am. It's hard to tell.

But the way I see it, the patch effects the group least invested in the game, solo survivor. So you have all the enmity that has built up from always being on screwed over every patch, with the fact they are also the least invested in game and the fact that they are the largest player group (I believe).

It seems to me like all of that has boiled over now that the patch is released, and that's why everyone is DCing and Suiciding on Hook.

And the problem now, is you have to coddle that group by giving them enough so that they aren't mad.

I find it interesting and I'm curious to see what happens. But I personally think this is a much bigger problem than people are realizing because it's been going on so long and this being the final straw for a lot of solo-queue players. Again, just opinion.

• vector
    vector Member Posts: 227
    edited July 2022
    Options

so basicly he chose 3 gen strat and did not let you win? Good Lord thats awful.

So you just decide to stay in locker not leaving it? I dont get it how is this plagues fault or something like that? Is not your job to finish gens? guess you value your life (survivor`s life ) too high refucing to accept defeat.

"refused to chase anyone out of their 3-gen and refused to let the game end"

i translate this. We want to lure him out of gens and easly win the game, but he refused to follow us. We could not do anything and we did not want to risk our lifes repairing gens, so we decided to hide in the lockers, then he killed us and now we are here on forum whinng and complaing

this is next level i guess. Now you complain not about camping but about defending gens.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

Bruh...this one is on you. There's truth to the critique about refusing to adapt. Your major mistake was pressing that button. Yeah, that one that says "Play as Survivor".

Next time, adapt and be mechanically competent by not letting the mouse pointer slip outside the active area of "Play as Killer".

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

I finished the survivor challenges in the new tome. It wasn't that hard. You're absolutely blowing how difficult solo is out of proportion, if it were "unplayable" folks like me wouldn't be doing well.

• Pulsar
    Options

I'm not even going to dignify you with a proper response.

• Pulsar
    Options
  • IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,900
    Options

Yep! The game stinks as survivor. I still can't believe the devs thought some of these changes were ok...