If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Can we get a bbq nerf?

Options

Remember when BHVR said that BBQ was only used for the bloodpoints? Yeah turns out that's not exactly the case. Which would be obvious if they even played their own game. It's obvious when someone has bbq because they always come straight at you even if you are just off a gen coming in for an unhook. I bet the pick rate of bbq barely even moved after the "nerf". So since we are supposed to change the meta and all can bbq get a real nerf now that people are realizing which should have been obvious? BBQ is an insanely strong perk for anyone with movement and even killers without movement.

Comments

• Sharpefern
    Sharpefern Member Posts: 422
    Options

This perk has definitely moved down in usage and I think will continue to do so. It wasnt that BBQ was supposed to turn into a bad perk just that people would stop squeezing it into every build but because people are used to running it they will continue to run it despite the lack of BP for a while. When it comes to the information perks I would think its the one with the most counters, being within 40 meters, hiding behind a gen, or going in a locker. I know personally for info perks I have swapped it out with Darkness Revealed on Huntress and Trickster and Floods of Rage on basically anyone else as they are just stronger perks most of the time.

I mean it was run 30-40% of the time prior to the patch and now I would think its probably closer to the 15-20% range based on my sample of survivor games.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

There's still room for consideration on Lethal Pursuit builds.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,858
    Options

Not to mention we got a decent side grade to BBQ called Darkness Revealed. It does have it's faults as some maps just don't have good locker placements, but it doesn't require a hook meaning it's harder for survivors to counter it and can help you catch survivors hiding around the hooked survivor waiting for you to leave.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,851
    Options

There's nothing wrong with BBQ, although I agree that when a lot of people were saying they use it mainly for the BP, some of them were being disingenuous.

But there is no reason to do anything with it. It's counterable, and people are starting to understand hiding in lockers for a few seconds longer now, incase it's being paired with Lethal Pursuer.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,023
    Options

The counter is easy. See a survivor go down, get in a locker until they're hooked. Use whatever that perk is called that blocks killers from seeing your aura. Hide behind a gen. The moment the survivor gets hooked, walk in one direction and then the opposite.

BBQ is one of the healthiest perks in the game because it actually encourages the killer to go for another chase and not stay at the hook.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

As others have said, BBQ is both counterable and promotes the killer to not camp by finding other survivors in an area. If anything, I think they should bring back the token system and make each token reduce the aura requirement by 2 meters, which would make all 4 stacks allow BBQ to see survivors that are 32 meters or more away compared to the usual 40.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,930
    Options

I had BBQ on literally all my killer builds, save specialized ones, as it felt aweful to not run it for all the blood points lost. That also had the effect that I never ran perks like Rancor or Flood of Rage, because I had my directional needs already covered by BBQ.

I havn't used BBQ much since the loss of BP, since I am really happy to experiement with all kind of new, non-meta builds. So while BBQ is not bad, it also kinda permanently was stuck to one slot and I am pretty happy to try out all the other info perks and what not.

But don't hate on the BBQ users, I myself am missing the gameplay loop of "chase. down. hook. look around. chase again." Thats gone now and I am missing it, but I also like Rancor a lot now: gens are done all the time and it gives you intermittent info on all survivors positions and that fun, juicy endgame with the obsession.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,798
    edited July 2022
    Options

I used to run BBQ on all my killer builds, now I run it on none of them. It's been replaced by better aura perks, like Darkness Revealed, Floods of Rage, etc.

Plus when it is run, it incentivizes killers to leave the hook.

I can't imagine why we would want it nerfed even more.

• threeQuinn
    threeQuinn Member Posts: 51
    Options

Be within 40m, get in a locker, crouch behind a gen, or my personal favorite since the patch, take Distortion.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

Maybe I'll try. Lethal Pursuit + Darkness Revealed seems better though.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

Show us the quote where anybody from BHVR said “BBQ is only used for the bloodpoints.”

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

Bbq is fine, leave it alone

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,614
    Options

Needs more BBQ Threads

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

I'm convinced most of the killers still using BBQ have failed to update their loadout (like most the survivors I see running DH, IW, and DS.) It's good on teleporting killers and it's good paired with perks like MYC or Devour, but apart from that, there's better choices you could be using.

I'm seeing much less of it in my survivor games. It's also incredibly easy to avoid compared to other aura perks. I don't see the issue... and personally, I think you should be much more afraid of Floods of Rage or Darkness Revealed.

• Akumakaji
    Options

To be fair, there is also Devour Hope ... but good luck getting use out of any Devour build more then once every third game... Hex builds are so 2019.

• Crowman
    Options

Actually I would say Devour Hope is probably in the best place it has been since boon meta.

With ruin not being present in most games and many killers opting to throw on haunted grounds, cleansing hexes is the most risky it has ever been. Meaning survivors are more likely to wait to cleanse hexes until they know what you are running.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

That matches the aggregate site I'm following, it looks like BBQ is currently being used in about 18% of matches. Which is still very high, if it stays at 18% on that site that will keep it at something like the second or third most used killer perk.

• Akumakaji
    Options

Hmm ... maybe you are right, as I havn't tried it a lot, but in my experience survivors still jump on any exposed Hex totem they can find asap. Usually once you have accumulated 3 hooks and get your first down, Devour is gone about 15s later, max.

• Crowman
    Options

I'm not saying it will live to 3 stacks in every trial, but there's a lot less reason for survivors to just cleanse totems at the start of the match right now.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

I gave it the good old college try with Nurse, didn't like time lost navigating to lockers.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

I'd rather have killers run bbq and not camp, to be honest.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

I am completely baffled by both the devs & our forum members when it comes to BBQ in 2022. I was saying for the longest time (years) Barbecue was very powerful & more players should hide when killers use it. Then I got shunned for saying so. As a result, I just accepted it and treated every game like the killer had it and stayed out in the open like everyone else, in order to “share the aggro.” I never understood why extra BP was associated with it, but then I came to the conclusion that BHVR wanted to encourage killers to use it, since it would help killers find survivors much easier. And it worked. I threw my hands up and just chalked it up as “it is what it is.”

‘Now in 2022 out of nowhere, BHVR wants to remove the BP when the DBD Community has already adapted to its meta?? Now it’s gone because they don’t “want BP to be the reason a perk is selected??” That was the whole point why they had it attached to BBQ & WGLF! (BTW why is BP still on PT & TOTH??) But now the kicker is, I’m seeing more and more threads pop up criticizing or calling for Barbecue to get nerfed in 2022! Huh?? I feel like it’s waaaay too late for that now. After all these years we should be used to it already. There are other perks that need immediate attention.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 789
    Options

lol

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,692
    Options

You'd think survivors would be a huge fan of perks that incentivize the killer to leave the hook.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options

If it's obvious when someone is running BBQ, then it's obvious to know to hide from it or mind game it. There are so many ways to counter it, I don't understand what nerf is needed. I personally dropped BBQ from all my builds now that there's no BP bonus. I still see some killers run BBQ, sure, but not many: mostly I see gen/slowdown perks and that makes me miss BBQ.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

What is the issue with BBQ?

• Akumakaji
    Options

It has its uses besides providing extra BP in the past, and some survivor players are unhappy with the fact that its still played.

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 685
    Options

Why nerf it again? I stopped using it when I realized they increased the distance and it no longer works on smaller maps like Midwich. It actually needs a slight buff.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

You forgot one....Shadow Step.....gives a large safe zone where the Killer can't see your aura and it's handy in good loops

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 799
    Options

I took bbq and wglf off of literally all my builds.

Tho now I'm tempted to run prove thyself and other BP earning perks on survs bc the gains there is so terrible, and I never get close to reaching the caps on surv.

Also bbq is painfully easy to counter, get real mate.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 799
    Options

Since dropping bbq, what builds you been running, still playing nemmy, or played a few different killers? Just curious! Hope you been well

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,760
    Options

If you're coming for an unhook and the killer sees you on bbq... you're just giving the killer free presure at that point as a different teammate has to use their time to unhook leaving 1 person on a gen.

• Mavericks
    Mavericks Member Posts: 88
    Options

I see the survivors like it when the killers enter the match with 4 slowing perks🤣. Kill BBQ and these games will become even more frequent

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

I think a lot of that is simple force of habit, much as I'm still seeing a lot of Dead Hard.

For a post hook info perk, FoR is way, way better. Otherwise, Discordance.

The only killers I'd use BBQ on are Artist and Dredge.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I think Sadako and Blight and Hillbilly can also potentially have enough map mobility to use it, maybe Freddy too. But yeah, personally I don't use it either.

That said though there are people who use it regularly. I think one of the things they like about it is that the aura timing is extremely predictable. You hook someone, you immediately get auras if anybody is far enough away and not in a locker. That's different from most other aura perks where you can't control the timing of them. (The only other exception of a perk that you can actively trigger mid-game to get auras that comes to mind is Dredge's new perk that goes off when you open a locker.)

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

BBQ only activates at 40 meters distance and the killer only sees your aura if you're not hiding behind a gen or in a locker. Even if they do see your aura they still have to close the distance and then at least they're not close to the hook so a teammate can safely rescue.

Since they took away my BBQ stacks I've replaced BBQ with Save The Best For Last on most of my lower mobility killers... do you really prefer that?

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

Lol

Also no