A breakthrough in soloq?!?!

Options

So today I played 10 matches as I planned to finish our survivor challenges and I noticed very early on… I was winning all my survivor matches. 7 out of 10 escapes, 8 gates powered …. ?

i changed up my build to de ja vu, pts, overcome and off the record. Most matches at least one other person had pts and sometimes de ja vu/overzealous. All but two killers had 1-2 slowdowns with two having four(those they got 4ks). Only one match the killer comp tunneled someone out.

Mostly my teammates split up and did gens. Most of us were just ok loopers with the occasional god loopers. Most of the killers got 7 hooks. So it was fairly engaging. Lots of killers who shouldn’t using thana tho thinking it would do more for them than it did since most of us brought med kits.

really had a good time since the patch dropped!

Comments

• LordOfYggdrasil
    LordOfYggdrasil Member Posts: 13
    Options

I been running deja vu n overzealous w spine chill to hide n zoom thru gens, too bad I suck at finding totems

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

My games the last two nights nobody threw or rage quit, they actually were doing (or at least trying to do) gens. I lost a few games yesterday with Twins (I couldn't hit with Victor at all, totally out of the zone), won one and lost one with Trickster (again, my aim with Trickster isn't that good), and tonight squeezed in one game with Trapper and got 4k with 1 gen left. In comparison this last weekend I had a game with Ghostface on Midwich, for instance, where after just two hooks three of them ragequit. (And no, I wasn't doing anything even remotely unusual. I literally had a couple of chases, got a couple of hooks, and was off heading to a generator when they just quit out of the blue. I felt kind of bad for the fourth survivor who got left behind.)

So maybe survivors are getting used to the new system a bit, or got their ragequitting out of their system somewhat? Not sure but either way I'm not complaining. 🙂 I'd rather occasionally lose to survivors that try to win than beat survivors because someone ragequit after the first down for no reason.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 743
    Options

Hard disagree tbh my mmr should have tanked with how many escapes I got for several days after the patch and my teammates should be worse. The past two days, I’ve gotten teammates that can run the killer, map awareness to where to run them and the others do gens.

my quality of teammates went significantly up.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

I'm still running into either very skilled killers (the kind that 4Ks before a gen has popped) or very unsavory ones (camp/tunnel, 3Ks and 4Ks), and my escape rate is laughable. Weirdly enough, it feels easier to pip up than before the patch, for reasons that are a mystery to me.

I hope it stabilizes soon.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,947
    Options

I've noted that too. Survivors I'm teaming with are a lot more resilient and the result of this are genuinely exciting matches with a strong killer with better chances of escape. My escapes have now gone up to about 50% or thereabouts, and I strongly put this down to survivor mentality. Maybe the quitters have all left, so the ones who actually want to play remain? Or maybe some quitters have grown up, I'm not sure. Whichever, the games are becoming really fun now.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

Like I keep saying, when survivors are all trying and actually playing the balance is good and if anything still towards the survivors.

Biggest issue is how easy tunneling is, that's all but they need to reward non tunnelers and punish those who do, double incentive

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

Enjoy it while it lasts. I decided, against my better judgement, to try and finish the last 3 tomes challenges before I call it quits. Played 34 games, escaped a grand total of 3 times (one against a farming Pinhead and one against a baby Pinhead funnily enough, there was only one single game where one person was sacrificed and everyone else got out, every other game was a 3k or a 4 man out). Games are still as wretched as before. Thana Legions, Startrsuck Nurses sending themselves to Midwich, survivors DCing or giving up hooks, urban evading Jakes while the Killer is a very experienced Blight, etc. Nothing has changed, SoloQ is unplayable.

• TheUnknown
    TheUnknown Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2022
    Options

People are just realizing that the game is more balanced now and stopping all the bull######### on throwing the game and "not playing survivor anymore". People were throwing the game probably because they couldn't use Dead Hard to escape outplays anymore, so first hook after getting their ass handled to them, they just killed themselves on hook to play against a different killer. My god, this has to be one of the patches that survivors complained more of all the patches the game had so far, and people are somehow really saying survivor is unplayable now lmfao...

I don't usually watch Tru3ta1ent but he sometimes shows up on my YouTube home page, last night I saw a video of him playing Oni and he answered something from a viewer and said "You need to realize that survivors don't cry about how they lost, they cry because they lost." Something along these lines and this has never made more sense than in this patch.

Edit: and since people are throwing, more and more people are quitting the game since they can't play a single match without a crybaby ragequitting in their team, basically throwing the game. This game is dying right now not because it's unbalanced or even unfun, it's because it's community is FILLED with entitled, crybaby players who feel like they should be stronger than the killer in a 1v1, even with 3 other people in their team.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    edited July 2022
    Options

I can't think of it rn, what's pts again?

Edit: Oh, prove thyself, right, of course I JUST remember it as I click the post button, lol

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

None of that is a patch issue but a teammate issue. And we cant buff survivors just so they dont DC or so you can win with bad players on your team.

You're meant to win as a team not a 3v1, and you also shouldn't win of everyone isnt contributing to the match (like the people that dont do gens)

Its sucks but that's a playerbase issue and an mmr issue.

• Dunkinspunkin
    Dunkinspunkin Member Posts: 191
    Options

Survivors are tiring themselves out with their rage quit DC tantrums, so maybe now they will take their nappy naps and wake up refreshed and play like a team again.

Even the games I've lost, I had NO problems as long as we played like a team, tried for saves, etc. It's the scumbags who kept pointing at me while i'm on hook or DC'd the second they got downed that I can't stand.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

My solo q experience hasn't changed. If my teammates play the game regularly there's a good chance of at least 3 escaping. If they give up or ignore gens we lose.

• Deathlymusic_
    Deathlymusic_ Member Posts: 27
    Options

Your mmr did tank, your now with a killer who might have less macro or essentially game sense. Which then causes your teammates to be able to perform significantly better.