Have you seen a player yet who didn't know about the patch?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

This was a funny one.

Coldwind map, I forget which one, against a spirit, I died second, pretty fun game overall.

I see on the endgame screen the two remaining both have iron will. Ace has that and a few more "new meta" perks. Feng is rocking the interesting combo of iron will, dead hard, spine chill, and adrenaline.

So I want to watch this obviously. Ace is practically silent with new iron will, the Feng is extremely good in chase and the spirit messes up a lot of phases against them both. Feng dies, Ace gets out the gate in time.

I comment "iron will still kinda works then?"

To which the Feng responds "no it doesn't, I'm making noise, and dead hard isn't working either"

Considering how good she was in chase I'm surprised she wasn't the type to keep up to date with current affairs, and then she says the best part:

"and I could hear the spirit while she was phasing near for some reason"

Comments

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I'd like to believe the ones still bringing self care is because they don't know any better...

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

Had someone in a SoloQ lobby ask what the hell the new prestige system was.

• Aneurysm

Sadly she left after that, I wanted to ask how she manages to still be cracked after not playing since before spirit nerf

• acharliet
    acharliet Member Posts: 155

What surprice me that i see survivors running self care even without botany knowledge. Still i think its not worth run self care and botany knowledge together but couple times i see survivors having just self care, not idea why.

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374
    edited July 2022

@Marigoria,

Solo-queue players are bringing Self-Care because it's the most perk slot efficient and reliable healing method in the game in a mode where no one every seems to want to heal you.

So you either run around hurt all game or you run self-care.

---

Pharmacy < Self-Care

Inner Strength < Self-Care

Circle of Healing is iffy. You kind of need to run a map or Small Game, so you are up a slot or item to run this and that sucks in solo queue.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I'm a solo q player and I dont bring self care. In fact, if I see that anyone on my team is running self care solo, you're staying on the hook.

Inner strength right now is much better than self care.

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374

I'm not playing right now because of this horrid slap-in-solo-queues-face patch.

However, here is my opinion. Inner Strength is unreliable, you need to find a totem and if other players are booning totems or destroying totems, Inner Strength becomes useless.

So, as bad as Self Care is, Inner Strength is worse because of the unreliability factor. Pharmacy has the same problem, it's unreliable, if a teammate is searching chests, you're screwed.

I'd rather have an always available Self Care when you can't find someone, to running around hurt and not being able to find someone or find a totem.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,883

Self care is reliable, it reliably wastes a metric ton of time and costs games. Running it solo now is tantamount to throwing.

Just bring a medkit w/add ons if you want to self heal in a non-obnoxious way. A good medkit with decent addons is one of the most powerful things in the game.

• Aneurysm

How dare you all turn my beautiful thread into a self care argument 😭

But I'm joining in anyway, I've started using self care with bite the bullet and think it's pretty good if you don't actually use it to actually heal yourself, just to be temporarily silent

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

You ought to figure it out after ONE match in which you use it

Cmon, I had a Dwight that was self-caring last night and he said in end game chat "Mmm maybe I'll stop using self-care"

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

The attempts to deadhard to pallet get funnier every time.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

I had a guy try to Dead Hard for distance (he wasn't even in M1 range) which made me laugh out loud.

He learned about the Dead Hard changes the hard way xD

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

I find it funny when you see people running 'old meta' (Dead Hard, IW, BT, and DS). These perks individually are still okay(ish), but as a build now it's just not the most optimal selection to use. I even saw a Nea run Spine Chill + Resilience (old vault speed build) before haha! I mean, OTR is essentially an IW/DS combo for a whole minute when you're unhooked. In my opinion, it's far more effective than running the likes of the overly-nerfed DS or the nearly-useless IW.

I think it's either a) they genuinely don't know about the update or didn't read the patch notes or b) they're feeling nostalgic and can't let go of the past. 😂

It's been a couple of weeks since the patch, and from my experience, team-oriented builds are now the most optimal and effective. Any perks that benefit the team/other survivors (CoH, Kindred, Prove Thyself, We'll Make It, Botany, etc) seem to be the way forward. Super aggressive/second chance builds just don't work the same anymore.

In terms of anti-tunnel/escaping the killer, the new meta in my opinion is: Adrenaline, Off The Record, and either SB or Lithe.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

I got downed , killer picks me up, and on killer's side you can see the hero incoming.

The brave Ace with flashlight running for the save.

...and he used DH for "distance" xD

It's still a freaking highlight of all my matches since the patch.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I saw a couple who tried to dead hard for distance

It was very sad

• Aneurysm
  • Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

I mean, I have seen a few survivors running Lithe +Balanced Landing, and I can understand that you might want to have the option, especially with BL not giving value in each chase, BUTVis it technically possible to get usage of Lithe without setting off Sprint Burst, first? :P

• MadEyePopo
    MadEyePopo Member Posts: 138
    edited July 2022

What do you mean? Self-care is my go-to perk.

Is there something better that lets me self-heal besides equipping a med kit?

EDIT: OK, I read the rest of the thread which answers my question. So Self-Heal + Botany it is, which is what I usually do anyway.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Balanced Landing and Lithe I can understand, because you indeed don't know which situation will come up first. But yeah, Sprint Burst's automatc activation would completely negate Lithe xD

It might be technically possible to use Lithe if you walk up to a window and make a rushed action? But by then you would have made more distance with SB.

This is a complete mystery !

• Aneurysm

My MMR must be dogshit on Onryō because I just got a Kate bringing tier 1 selfcare. She also dc'd at the start of the mori so her body disappeared and Sadako was just glaring at a flashlight on the ground. It was hilarious