The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is Mikey's T3 instant kill still in the game?

2»

Comments

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772

You wanna remove his tombstone add ons? Then he needs a major and I mean major base kit buff.

• AMOGUS
    AMOGUS Member Posts: 482

Yeah, if they added the first hook condition, we'd be going down the "mori nerfs" route 100%. The people who complain about these add-ons and want them standardized will never find it fair that they can be killed without being hooked.

It's almost as if people should stop feeding Myers (he gets his Judith's/Tombstone slowly for a reason) or loop him correctly. Or use lockers. There are defenses in place to deal with a Judith's and Tombstone.

• Xperian
    Xperian Member Posts: 29

I didn't say he had full iri. He didn't. He had tombstone piece and popped T3 after one gen because we were on an extremely open map. Thank you for immediately blaming me though instead of answering why he still has an instant kill, the only one in the game.

And no, Sadako doesn't count. She cannot get you to be condemned on her own unless you are running directly to every TV and letting her farm it on you. Mikey can farm it on anyone, save the power, and pop it when on top of you.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Because his power actively penalizes him until its payout. He has to give up gaining distance in chases to build up his power, and his only passive offsets happen when he spends his limited resource. That aside, he's the quintessential m1 killer. So his power actually directly hinders his already weak chase, which means it needs to have a massive payoff to make up for the fact he has been actively sabotaging his own efficiency. Thats why he gets instadowns normally, with kills being the only place addons could go up from there. Pair that with the ways you can counter/prevent it as well as the negatives to charge time that are stacked on top.

Like everything with myers and his chapter in general, its designed around punishing people for being careless. The people who have the biggest problems vs him are the ones that refuse to start more cautious and relax as they can work out his build by process of elimination.

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 367

It shouldn't exist and is a relic of the past gameplay experience. The fact it's impossible to tell if Micheal has the addon or not is poor game design, but this game is full of that. You can guess he'll take a while to get it if he's running Tombstone, but you can't tell in solo-queue at all. Jumping in a locker is the best bet against the instant mori, but you shouldn't be required to play like that under an assumption.

• Ryuhi

The entire game is structured around having to make assumptions and adapting to the outcome. You can't even see the killer in a lobby, and neither side can see the other's perks/addons. Every match you bring a medkit you are assuming you will not be going against a plague, every time you bring a rare item you are assuming they won't be using franklins, every time you bring a flashlight you are assuming they wont have lightborn, etc. You just don't like the consequences of your decision, not the decision itself.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

I disagree on both points. Iconic status doesn't keep people constantly playing someone. If it did the likes of Freddy and Ash would be way more popular. They're just as iconic in the horror genre as Michael.

Mikey needs buffs for sure (but then so does most killers), but he's nowhere near as bad as some claim.

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 367

Those aren't on the same level as a game-ending addon that you can't prepare for until it happens within the game. While you may not get value out of a medkit, you still play the game as normal against a Plague. If your opponent is running Franklin's Demise you can pick the item up or continue with the game. Micheal can immediately kill you without a single hook, bypassing essential game elements and making it a guessing game whether it'll happen or not.

As an SWF, it'll be easy to tell by how long it takes and how much he's seen your teammates with callouts. In solo queue, it's nothing more than a guessing game as he can pop that at the start. Addons that alter the game that heavily shouldn't exist in the first place.

• Ryuhi

I and others have literally said how to prepare for it in this very topic. If people are careful and prevent him from building evil within, there should be 3+ gens popping by the time he even gets there. And even then, he still has to catch you to use it, which can be directly prevented by jumping into a locker. Hell if you want to get really spicy, perks like head on can even let you BM him in the process. Then he gets a down instead of an instakill, his timer expires, and the gens get done before his next T3 is ready. Being careful beats tombstone builds because it capitalizes on the massive amount of build up by denying the adequate reward.

If you're trying to use solo lack of information as an excuse, when thats what the game is intended to be designed around, your perspective is skewed. If anyone gets grabbed out of a locker early in a match, I always assume its myers until seeing evidence to the contrary. That in itself is information you can be using to prevent the first kill scenario without anyone needing to say a word, assuming you know to apply it.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,883

He's not Trapper/Freddy bad, but he's in my bottom 5.

Of course there are some killers people think are awful but I have success with, so it's all relative.

And I disagree in that if it were some generic original character with Myer's kit, they wouldn't get nearly as much play, imo. He's imo also the easiest killer to immerse into (or roleplay, if that's your bag), which gives some added appeal.

But people don't play Myers for the consistent kills, because they're not there.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890
    edited July 2022

I main him. Have done for the last four years. I consistently do well with him. I know his strengths and weaknesses. He absolutely needs some buffs but he is far from the worst in my opinion.

Nobody likes consistently losing with a weak or boring killer regardless of who they are. Again I point to Freddy for that as being a good example. That's not enough to bring people back consistently unless you like frustrating games.

Mikey has consistently always had a good pick rate and kill rate. Always in the top half of performance. So the Mikey players out there are not struggling that much. I know I certainly don't. I know other Mikey mains out there who don't. I just don't see some of the weaknesses others see in him. Not from personal experience and not from watching other Mikey players.

Again I do think he needs buffs and I hope he gets them soon. I also want a Halloween tome. That would be great.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

You forget the slug tech thanks to the add on that share condemned when healed.

And @Xperian

https://youtu.be/ugPWMMbYg70

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

But for real though they seriously need to tweak it a bit. I would not want it taken out of the game.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

Are we seriously crying about an add on on a sub-par killer that has to gamethrow half the match to drain enough energy to activate this ability?

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

And then killers make posts on the forums complaining that survivors didn't let them insta Mori them lmao.

"I was just doing my achievement". And then everyone puts the survivor on blast for not just giving in.

Fwiw I love jumping in the locker against this add-on makes them mald in end game chat 😂

• Jago
  • FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337

So, because you got tombstoned, you think it should be erased from the game?

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418
    edited July 2022

Also, think about it like this: any other mechanic in the game that allows a killer to mori an unhooked survivor (Devour, Onryo's Condemned power, and Rancor) all give the survivor's optimal warning that they could be mori'd. Tombstone is the only mechanic in the entire game where survivor's can be mori'd without them having prior warning. Isn't that enough to say it's absolutely busted?

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,594

We must play different games then, bc Mikey with both iri addons is pretty boring for me, both as and against. There's no interaction until EW3 is reached, and then it's more like hide an seek than actually escaping. I won't deny that being chased by a killer that you know can take you out instantly is tense, but for the first one being moried this way it's just unfair, esp. if Mickey feeds on others and you are the one paying the price for.

My biggest complaint about that type of build: It punishes EVERYONE, BP- and pip-wise. You can mori all four, and still get only about 12k points and depip. The survivors will have even lower BP. And if the survivors get out, they will only have some Lightbringer and Evader, and Mickey will have more or less nothing.

If you don't care for BP or Grade but just the fun, it may be alright for you. But when you playing for BP and/or grades, tombstones are just a giant waste of time.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

I agree that tombstone is unhealthy, but Myers is so bad that he needs a full rework, not just a tombstone rework.

I would guess that if they rework him they would get rid of the purple add-on but keep the iri tombstone since it exists pretty much just to be combined with the perma tier 3 for the Evil Incarnate achievement.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

You can do more than getting into a locker. Any action where the killer can grab you prevents the grab for the instant kill.

Repairing a Generator

Slow Vaulting a window or pallet.

Cleansing or Enchanting a totem.

Opening a chest.

Using Any Means Necessary to reset a dropped pallet.

• Gore_DeWitt
    Gore_DeWitt Member Posts: 45
    edited July 2022

In fact you can tell if Myers has tombstone by looking at his hand (the one without a knife). If it's open it means that he has tombstone so he will grab and kill you. It it is a closed fist it's regular T3 Myers.

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

Double iri mikey is pretty rare for me to see. But I do know that when you face it's most likely that you did have interaction with him, you may not know it though. Could have been stalking you from far but he needs to drain at least 2 survivors fully to get almost teir 3 if doing that.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,159

If you are going to go down anyways, there is no reason to not hop into a locker, makes them waste their time if they swing into the locker, and since you were going to go down anyways you arent really losing anything from it.

• Xperian
    Xperian Member Posts: 29
    edited July 2022

So your example is the #1 Onryo in a tournament. Using a technique that requires what seems to be a fair bit of finesse and buildup. And you're comparing that to a person who just holds M2 while looking in the general direction of people, then walks behind them and presses left click.

Just to be clear, that's your counter here? Are you saying Mikey SHOULD have this add on because the Onryo strat exists? Because I'd be happy changing both.

This is a useful tip from far away, but in my case he just walked behind me until we were basically touching, popped t3, and I was dead.

No. Because it goes against every other Mori/kill change and feature they made, it should be erased from the game. Just change the addon. Something interesting. Maybe he doesn't suffer the negative effects of obsession perks like STBFL, or gets multiple obsessions. I'm sure there are things that can be changed that keep the Michael Myers feel alive without screwing over someone immediately.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,883

Well, that's sort of true; the hand being open is a function of his speed (it's more open when he's not moving fast), not what he's running directly. The Tombstone limits Myers' speed and so his hand stays open while in chase. The tombstone piece does not have this effect.

I know this was a subject of debate a few years ago, but that's my understanding. Someone can correct me if I am wrong here.

• Jago

Lol no. Anybody can do self claim stuff, thats very common especially in the comp scene. I've faced Onryos like that, and the slug addon is only a green one : with a bit of strategy its very manageable to do that.

This clip is extreme since it shouldnt happen in comp play, but you are in total denial so I had to show you it.

• CaulDrohn

Being stalked does not count as interaction for me. Double iri mikey won't attack at all until he got P3. SO if anything he starts a chase to get PWYF stacks. Thats why its so boring, or "uneventful".

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Myers needs some improvements and TLC. I like that Tombstone is canonically accurate but it’s such a cheesy add-on that desperately needs changing. It’s so 2016 DBD and not balanced for the game in 2022.

Give him the Pyramid Head treatment with a built-in mori after fulfilling some requirements. Just make it base kit after two hooks after doing something specific (like you have to be tormented with PH or fully condemned with Sadako).

If you’re defending current Tombstone because Myers is a weak killer then I don’t know what to tell you. Nobody likes to get moried at four gens because of a cheesy add-on.

Rework Myers and give him a built-in mori like PH. Done.

• WesCravenFan

I'm starting to think that when people say "interaction", they really just mean looping, and literally nothing else.

• CaulDrohn

Not just looping, juking, kiting, taking aggro, fighting for gens, protecting others by bodyblocking / saboing, any instance where the two parties actually interact with each other, try to mind game / trick the other one, outsmart them etc.

Being stalked is hardly "interactive", esp. when you don't recognize it. And even if you recognize and run away or hide, when Michael decides to not go after you but searches for someone else, you also don't get any real interaction.

I'm not blaming the Michael player here for playing that way, bc he has to if he wants to get anything out of double iri addons. It's the addons that create such "uninteractive" trials.

• WesCravenFan

You realize that stalking is a core Myers mechanic with or without an add on.

• CaulDrohn
    edited July 2022

I'm EXCLUSIVELY talking about TOMBSTONE Myers, so equipping BOTH iri addons to get the most out of the tombstone. Bc. Myers has to stalk so much to get to EW3, there won't be any "real" interaction between killer and survivors for the majority of the game. And even if Myers pops EW3 eventually, it's still not much interaction, bc Myers will just run you down with PWYF stacks and kill you instantly. THATS why I say it's most boring / non-interactive!

His normal gameplay with stalking, poping EW3, being chased exposed, is perfectly fine, regarding killer-survivor interactions. If anything, his stalk should be improved, limitations being removed (allow multistalk for faster tier up, remove distance penalty or tone it down). But such a stalk improvement should come in hand with remove / rework of tombstone addons, imo.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

It’s because basekit Myers is one of the weakest killers in the game, and his add-ons being insane are what keeps him at least somewhat viable higher up.

• WesCravenFan
    edited July 2022

I read it. Doesn't change what I said. Stalking is a non-interactive mechanic regardless of add ons.

• CaulDrohn
    edited July 2022

That one we can agree on! But it's not that much of an issue in normal games, bc it only takes a small part. In both iri addon games, it's way more, maybe 60% of the whole trail time is Myers searching / stalking someone.

So if we actually think the same (more or less), what was you issue with my other comment to begin with?

I wrote:

"Being stalked does not count as interaction for me. Double iri mikey won't attack at all until he got P3. SO if anything he starts a chase to get PWYF stacks. Thats why its so boring, or "uneventful"."

Where you answered:

"I'm starting to think that when people say "interaction", they really just mean looping, and literally nothing else."

That sounded for me like you contestet my comment. But you are not, since you just wrote:

"[..] Stalking is a non-interactive mechanic regardless of add ons."

So what are we arguing about, actually?

• geni
    geni Member Posts: 150

You can see if he has tombstone by locking at his free hand, if its open then he has it, if its closed then he doesnt have it

• TheDappaScrappa
    TheDappaScrappa Member Posts: 103

Because its easily avoidable and honestly punishes him for using it xD