If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

I've lost respect for Killer

Options

Comments

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,541
    Options

Usually I feel the same and lol at them until either they or I get bored. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood and ignore the messages. But I almost never get worked up in an angry way about them.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580
    Options

I didn't see that in the first page, sorry if it's on the second. But.

50% kill rate could be "every game 2 escaped, and 2 died" bust most likely its "one game it's miserable 4 escaped and other game it's too easy 4k". Still 50% killrate but looks not so fair, right?

So devs definitely can raise overall win/kill rate and make games more fair at the same time. Like they can low number of situations when all 4 escaped, and low 4ks too. Average 50% remains same but overall feeling about games is more constant.

First part were achieved, second one will be there soon, I think.

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 445
    Options

Ehhhhh..... maybe with the shorter speed burst...but the 10% break and hit cooldown are not op.

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374
    Options

Since the killer-role has received 5 patches with buffs (6.1.0, 6.0.0, 5.7.0, 5.6.0 and 5.5.0) in a row and survivors have received 5 patches with nerfs in a row (Or useless buffs to things like flip-flop or boil over, were the buff was reverted), then you are absolutely correct...

in Bizarro-world.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

Its a player problem as in other solo q players get screwed over by it. I am not feeling personally attacked mate. I just feel like you are over exaggerating the buffs and most of your problems are caused by other solo q players.

I mean killers like trapper didnt stop magically being good after the buffs, the game didnt suddenly become impossible or 2-3 times harder to win.

Dont take it as a personal attack but solo q players are doing this to themselves. Well its mostly getting better and im seeing less and less teams that just give up and more and more teams that do stuff like coming back from 6-7 hooks and 3 downs at 5 gens to actually doing all gens and getting out.

Or it could be that those are the only players left at normal mmr that actually want to play the game and rest of the solo q is in mmr hell, playing against baby killers but still killing themselves on hook and dooming their team mates so no one can get out of that mmr hell <3

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options

I feel as if I lose to a killer, that the killer didn't deserve that win.

How can I respect my opponent when he is just given wins by the developer.

I can't tell if you're saying you only respect a killer who doesn't kill, or if you don't respect anyone who plays killer at all.

I usually just play a game of cat-and-mouse and let the survivors go at the end. I've been doing that for years, now. I feel like I messed up as killer if all four survivors don't escape. However, right now I'm getting survivors who disconnect when I refuse to kill them, and it's kind of messing up the vibe.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,100
    Options

What are you talking about?

My queues are the same as ever. The only advantage is that now I can also play survivor during the night to rest a bit after two or three killer matches.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,421
    Options

I wasn't having a hard time as killer before this patch, but I also didn't need my hand held. I think if anything they showed us who needed their hand held.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

Is doping a part of being competitive or a part of being fair?

it gives better results, so its competitive, and everyone does it, so its fair?

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Dbd is literally a party game so that kind of makes your point fall flat

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options
  • Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374
    Options

5 killer sided patches in a row. The two killer release patches, in between the 3 survivor nerf/killer buff patches, included very good killer perks (buffs) while the survivor perks were complete wastes of time (survivors gained nothing).

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,798
    Options

Lol, because a patch included buffs to one side and the other received nerfs doesn't automatically mean it was "sided" to that role. Unless you want to completely ignore context and nuance. There are, you know, the buffs to the other side you have to take into account. If one side gets get a couple big buffs and a tiny nerf is that equivalent to the other side getting a couple small tiny buffs?

The fact is that the majority of patches in recent years have have generally favored survs more than killer. This is not a revolutionary take. And again, survivors comprise the vast majority of the player base, so it makes sense from BHVR's standpoint.

This is the first patch in a long while that clearly benefitted killer more then surv, on balance. You might feel differently, but any reasoning there would be a stretch.

But hey, for some people the loss of a little privilege feels like oppression.

This is legit one of the worst analogies I've seen here.

The Olympics have high skill barriers to entry and all competitors in each event have the exact same goals and parameters for victory, very little variance in strategy, and are constricted by the same tight set of rules. Very much 1:1 comptetion, or at least as close as you can get. Even in team events (like relays), each teammate is doing essentially the exact same thing.

DBD is asymmetrical 4:1 with each side having a different set of objectives and a multitude of potential strategies at their disposal. Most of these strategies are reactionary and adjusted on the fly out of necessity. The controls for skill based matchmarking are decent at best and totally useless at its worst. It's usually semi-organized chaos.

These two things are about as different as you can get and still be under the loosest of definitions of "competition".

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    Options

I don't know what people are going to do now that the random respect of a fellow online video gamer has been lost. How will I go on, knowing this horrific series of events?

Here's an alternate viewpoint: There being 4 survivors should not mean 2 kills 2 escapes = balance. That is a black and white, ignorant view to have in a 1v4 asymmetrical game.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,411
    Options

Killer has always been accused of having stuff for free, but all you need to do is play killer to know how hard they have to work for it all.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,271
    Options

Agreed. At first I was more sympathetic, i.e. they just clearly have a different experience to me and it doesn't sound like a fun one. And I completely agree solo needs help, ideally sooner rather than later. But they discount other experiences and claim to speak for all solo survivors even when there's multiple others in the same thread disagreeing. Because those are just secretly killer mains or something.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Multiple killer mains and swf players disagreeing* fixed it for you.

And yes, I know they are since I do check post history.

• Aneurysm
    Options

Okay but I'm one of them, I play survivor more than killer, and I haven't played SWF in months, how does that make me a killer main or SWF-only player?

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Last stats is real ######### old and outdated, all your points crumbled upon this one fact.

• Marigoria
    Options

Where is your thread saying that solo q is fine and that survivor still op?

• Marigoria
    Options

Or people can give their constructive opinion, which a lot seem to dismiss it as tantrum such like yourself.

• fulltonon
    edited July 2022
    Options

I'm not sure if we can consider posts like this thread as constructive at all, if you are talking about it of course.

• Marigoria
    Options

A lot of others have been and you still get the "dont have dead hard crutch hurr durr" people replying to it.

• Aneurysm
    Options

Okay, considering I haven't said either of those things in a comment, much less made a thread about it, I think I'm going to give up here.

• tester
    tester Member Posts: 792
    Options
  • Thusly_Boned
    edited July 2022
    Options

Well, we're not being left with a lot in the way of constructive discourse here. At the current time there seems to only a few avenues of response to the "6.1.0 patch is a disaster" crowd:

1. Agree that it's an outright catastrophe
    2. Disagree and share your own experience (to be dismissed as a "killer main" posing, even if you share a few of the criticisms)
    3. Partially agree and share your experience (see #2 for the common rebuttal)

I've posted a number of times over the past week breaking down what I thought, but to the complainants if these assessments are not overwhelmingly negative, they're not valid or sincere.

So yeah, a lot of people are throwing temper tantrums and are unwilling to even consider another viewpoint, or the possibility that their experience is the outlier.

Or that in some cases it may actually be - gulp - a skill issue.

• Marigoria
    Options
  • fulltonon
    edited July 2022
    Options

Huh? I don't even get it, that post is obviously towards posts like this exact threads, and you said "people like yourself is dismissing constuctive criticism", and then you goes "there is other threads with constructive criticism and those who throwing tantrum over it with dead hard hurr thing".

Is this really the right thread to say that?

• Aneurysm
    Options

Its still a strange thing to accuse me of when I regularly say soloQ needs help even if my overall experience differs from yours

• Marigoria
    Options

I didnt accuse you of anything. I do have my doubts when I see people saying things like the ones I mentioned though.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    Options

Still have a Hard and crazy Games against Good Survivors where sometimes i only get 1k but they feels more fair than before the Patch now the Games doesnt feels so Survivor sided anymore

• Aneurysm
    Options

You said I made a thread saying solo is fine, and unless I've recently suffered a head injury which caused me to both lose my memory and my opinions to become reversed, I have not.

• Thusly_Boned
    Options

It's just a common strawman atm. Very, very few people are saying solo queue is fine. It's not fine, and never has been.

But apparently if you don't agree that it's pure misery comparable to a cold war Russian gulag, you're essentially saying it's perfect.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    Options

Yeah solo queue has never been 'fine'.

It is however, virtually the same as before this patch.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

Personally her Condemn is too easily removed and too hard to gain combined with how long TVs are shut off for when you TP along with survivors be able to hold their item and the tape at the same time makes her very weak sadly.

PS I forget to mention that putting a tape in is pretty much instant and basically Gen tapping mid chase....

• Aneurysm
    Options

Honestly I think at this point it's either MMR hell (which I've experienced) or confirmation bias (which I'm also guilty of).

I think it was my 3rd or 4th solo match post-patch, I was hooked, a Steve came over to the unstarted gen right next to me and started working on it, only decided to try and save when the killer came back, got grabbed off and DC'd.

If I was apprehensive about the patch beforehand rather than optimistic I might've blamed it on the patch. Survivors already know they can't possibly win, so why even try? This would never happen in soloQ before. Except things like that always have been a part of solo.

And maybe I've done the same and discounted unfun elements of the patch because I wanted it to succeed, although there are parts I openly dislike about 6.1.0. I think even if I generally disliked it I'd be glad they're trying to introduce real changes.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 789
    Options

i dont give a flying fat ######### about your respect

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,867
    Options

I've said before that I'm fine with killers getting buffed, but I think they've obviously over buffed killers. I play both sides.

• Thusly_Boned
    Options

Agreed on all of this. MMR hell is very much a thing that can be hard to shake off, and my own confirmation bias is something I'm always trying to account for.

A while back (well pre-patch) I had a run where I died a bunch (something like 10 in a row and 17 or 18 of 20). A number of likely causes there, just being outplayed, making poor decisions to be altruistic, dropping in MMR, etc. I pulled out of it, but had that happened early last week, I'm sure some part of my brain would have wanted to pin that on the update.

And once invested in a narrative, we tend to cling to it. Not saying explains everything, but I'm sure some of that is going on, among other things. I do think a lot of the worst accounts are MMR hell related though, because what I hear being reported (tunneling/camping killers, bad teammates not doing objectives, etc) are things I have seen most at lower levels.

And I am not in love with the patch, but I definitely feel there's more good than bad there, but time (like months and not days) will be the true judge here.

And for my part, I have strong general disdain for irrational reactionary behavior, and I bring that with me here, I'm sure.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

I wonder if people will realize some day that BHVR literally stated those kill charts were out-of-date.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

See I didn't see those post sorry lol I'm getting a little tired of all the negative hate after this patch so I get a little trigger happyl lol. Obviously some players are either abusing the Buffs they received ie Killers and those who refuse to adapt or even admit that they were being carried by crutch perks....