If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Thana Legion isnt an issue and here is why

Options
BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
edited July 2022 in General Discussions

Legion is still an m1 killer without a power to down survivors. If you die to a Legion then its most likely your own fault which therefore makes it way much tougher for your team to do gens since you are on a hook and then the game snowballs into the Legions favor. Learn to not waste pallets and how to utilize loops in a recourceful way.

I get it that Nurses or Blight can be extremely unfun or frustrating... but Legion? Its crazy how ppl make up things just to justify their own failure.

Quit complaining and trying to frame other things for the lack of your own skill, learn how to play the game without your precious E.

Felt like this had to be said,

Thanks for your attention.

Comments

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,342
    Options

Depends on what you mean by "issue".

Strong and uncounterable? Hell no.

Boring? Subjective. To me, I'm holding M1 and running in circles either way so idc. It's legion so at least I'm probably winning.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Even if thana legion isn't S or A tier which doesn't seem to be the case that doesn't make playing a mending simulator any less obnoxious. Something doesn't have to be high tier to be unfun to play against.

• BenZ0
    Options

If that would be like that then yeah, my point is there are ppl generally DCing instantly when they see I run Thana. They act like its the worst thing in the world and this overreaction will ultimately lead to another nerf for no reason just like back then with old Legion.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,326
    Options

"learn how to play the game without your precious E" - You lost me there.

BTW Most people knows Legion is a weak killer, however that doesn't mean he is fun to play as and most offten you will see "Forever" Legions which is as much as entertaining as being slugged by Omega Blink Nurse that is doing nothing else than trying to down everyone on the ground.

• BenZ0
    Options

That is true, however it has been always in the game? So why is it now such a giant "issue" suddenly? Also it doesnt justify to DC and let your entire team down for that.

• BenZ0
    Options

I agree that it isnt the most fun way to play the game, but it still doesnt justify to instantly give up or DC and just simply destroy everyones game immidiatly. Also only cuz a Legion uses thana doesnt mean they try to stall the game as long as possible by just spamming frenzy on everyone for no reason.

It came to the point where I am not allowed to use that perk otherwise ppl dc and that is not okey.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,411
    Options

Just push the gens. You don't have to all heal against Legion just to play around his Thana every time. Every match I've played against Legion, the reason we lose is because people keep healing.

• Droneinthrwind
    Droneinthrwind Member Posts: 92
    Options

I'd say - legion is not OP in anyway. No one says that. What people are saying is that he is BORING BORING BORING killer to play againts. You play for 20min for him to get 0K and basically nothing happens in a match aside from you getting to hold one button for 20min. Exiting gameplay!

At least with nurse match ends in 3min and you can move on to the next match.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

i didn’t use dead hard before the update past last December. Legion with slow down is just boring especially with increased gen times. It’s easy to counter him in a sweaty swf. Not in solo que. I disagree with your point

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,039
    Options

But the reason why people hate legion is not about how good is he at downing surv, the problem is how obnoxious and boring is to play against him.

If you are against a thana legion with full slowdown, you have on you a +30 min game with the killer just running around hitting surv, stacking as many slows as possible and making completing a single gen a nightmare.

People dont find fun in sitting on a gen for 3 min because the killer can stack 4 slows easily.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

No one is saying Legion is strong. They're just boring af. Dead Hard has nothing to do with it.

• Zexbunny
    Zexbunny Member Posts: 208
    Options

Guys! Old Object of Obsession wasn't a problem! Their escape rate was low. It was totally fine and not op!

• BenZ0
    edited July 2022
    Options

I have countless games where me with just 1 friend won games in under 10min against a Legion for example on even a map with barely pallets like pale rose without much effort + a claudette that predropped both god pallets at the boat in Frenzy.

You dont need to make up things, I get it its boring but it is not as bad as ppl make it up to be, not to mention that you have to DC immidialty when you see thana on legion.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 434
    Options

🐟️

• BenZ0
    Options

If your games take 20min then you or your team is doing something wrong. If you are solo q then ofc there is not much you can do but it isnt the Killers fault in that case.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

If it’s miserable to go against, it should not be in the game. This is a video game, and a casual one nonetheless. It is meant to be fun. This is not some sort of competitive sport where something is justified just because it’s possible to win against.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,134
    Options

What I find amusing is that people complain about thana legion because that's what they see most often....

....and just completely ignore plagues existence and the fact that penti + plaything + thana is absolutely VILE and 100000x more boring than anything legion could be.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Why you are acting like Thana is only slowdown they are bringing? Most of Legions i faced was playing with 4 slowdown. Games takes forever to finish.

And Legion is not that bad anymore. Dead Hard is not issue anymore. General killer buffs are helping m1 killers a lot. Legion is clearly is not bad anymore. They are decent now.

Legion and Plague mains have so much value from Thana with low effort. Yeah, this should go.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,039
    Options

I also can win against a bad legion, or a 50h first time legion.

But every decent legion just stack thana, sloppy butcher, eruption, gift of pain. The 22% thana, the 30 sec incapacitation of eruption, the 16% gift of pain plus legion's addons to make you unable to heal. All this makes for the most boring and unfun game you could play.

And you cant expect every team mate to be a god looper against legion .

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
    Options

@Johnny_XMan I need your Simpson.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,421
    Options

With your artistic skills though you hardly need it! :D

but I gotchu 😝

• BenZ0
    Options

except half of the Killer buffs dont affect Legion. And ye 4 slowdown perks could be stacked on top, however half of them wont do much on Legion. Lets take pain res, pop or surge for example, they both require downs/hooks which legion doesnt really get that easy and often. The only REALLY reliable slowdowns are thana, dead lock and maybe dead mans switch but the other half of the slowdown perks arent really gonna do much and ppl just overreact when they see them.

I still see nurses using 4 anti gen perks like corrupt, dead mans switch, dead lock and ruin and if you think about it this build makes absolutely no sense since corrupt will be gone soon anyway since nurse will get her down mist likely in mere seconds. Dead mans switch and dead lock both counter each other out and can take away each others value and ruin wont even do much since blocked gens dont regress..

What I am trying to say is anti gen perk stacking isnt as strong and ppl still use or fear it only cuz they are still used to it but in reality the gen perk nerfs are really well made and made that way so stacking wont give you as much value as they would do alone. I play with 2 anti gen perks on most of the killers and do just fine without any issues.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Your all point is Legion won't get easy down is not true.

M1 killers had issues with chases true. Dead Hard made it worse, true. But killers have general killer buffs right now, which makes them decent. Dead Hard is not destroying m1 killers anymore, you seriously can bait out new Dead Hard.

And i don't know why we are talking about Nurse on this topic. Nobody is on her level, even Blight can not. Nurse is strongest killer, so ofcourse perks will feel better on her. But this does not mean Legion is garbage. If you are skilled player, you can win most of your games. Even as Legion.

If you need weak killer, we still have Trapper and Sadako.

And yeah, i agree with you. I don't need 4 slowdown honestly. I am usually using 2 slowdown and 2 information on my killers. Feels good.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

Igive up on hook almost every game vs legion,, wanna know why? Not because he is strong,, because it's boring to play against,, mending simulator stacked with their overturned add-ons makes it super unfun and boring to verse,, game becomes super grindy,, I'd rather play vs a double range nurse 5 times in a row than a single thana legion,, again not because they are strong but because it's super boring

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

I mean people have never liked facing legion much AFAIK. Only thing I can think of is because people perceive legion as easy to win with their pick rate seems to have skyrocketed lately to the point they might overtake huntress soon so people are having to deal with it more often. Agree no killer warrants a d/c.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

The dig at people who used to equip DH was not necessary, but I do agree that Legion is not a problem.

I may be biased because he's one of my two main killers, but I actually really enjoy going against Legion, if only because I know I'm less likely to get tunneled all game. (Also, chase music.)

Most Legions I've encountered are really chill.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    Options

Thanks for speaking the truth in a world of lies OP

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,038
    Options

It's like DH became a bigger problem with its removal, I've never seen such a concentration of complaints about it before.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 406
    Options

First off, just because Legion is generally an M1 killer, that doesn't mean they have no chase/down abilities. In the hands of the right player with the right perks/hexes, there are plenty of opportunities to get downs as Legion.

Secondly, if you read most of the comments re. Thana Legion, the main complaint is the sheer boredom/monotony of playing against them. Considering Legion's main power is essentially keeping survivors injured, that power stacked with the gen speed buff and perks like Thana and gen slow down/regression perks (Overcharge, Jolt, Pop, etc.) makes for completely boring, repetitive, and unimaginative gameplay. Criticizing people's "lack of skill" completely misses the point: no one's saying Legion are difficult to verse, they're saying the games have become unbearably boring and long-winded. The sheer length of matches against Legion due to all the aforementioned issues inevitably gives killers a significant advantage as they now have much longer to get downs (even with weaker M1 killers like Legion) and apply more gen pressure because all these buffed perks seem to stack.

'Precious E'? 😂 How long has this new patch been live, like over 2 weeks? Any discourse around DH seems to be from players who are still disgruntled by the perk. Everyone cried and whined to get the perk nerfed, and now that it's nerfed it still lives in people's minds rent-free.

Just because you have an opinion about Thana Legion (which you're perfectly entitled to), others are also entitled to an opinion and to feel differently based on their experience. I respect your opinion, but It's nothing to do with skill; it's about people feeling fed up with playing gen/healing/mending progress bar simulator.