If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Where Are These DC’s coming from?

Options
Robotfangirl67
Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 631
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

Hello everyone, I wanted to make another post about this patch again. But anyway I’m seeing a ton of people saying there’s a lot of survivors that are disconnecting from matches more often then they should. Well to put it lightly in the best way I can explain but I haven’t see any disconnecting from any survivors I faced at all. I’m sorry if this may sound like a rant but if this post does I apologize for sounding very frustrated again.

All I’m trying to say is that yes solo que is bad but it’s always been kind of bad anyway or least from my experience from playing survivor. But my point is that in my killer matches I still get hard core squads that still bust out gens. I even say I’m seeing more again hard cord Swfs squads and it’s getting kind of annoying. But hey those are part of the game like I have said before and so have many others.

So even after all that, they still escape. I even watch some of the different many streamer’s videos on YouTube and whatnot. In each of their videos they even gave out tips to help survivors for this new patch since again the streamer’s still escape from their matches as well. So in short if the streamer’s, swf, and other good solo survivors can all still again escape even without deadhard, borrow, ds, ect.

I also know that camping and tunneling is again a problem but again in order to win as killer you have to tunnel and camp and I get that. I will also say that again camping and tunneling is not fun but both are necessary tools to help you as killer. I also know that facing that as survivor is equally annoying.

Basically all I’m saying is that again if all of those streamers and other survivors can escape then so can many other solo-que players. They can get better, they need to practice more and they will be fine. I know I again contradicted my words before but hey that’s just what I have to say on this matter again. I’m just really confused on these problems.

Comments

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited August 2022
    Options

I have realized that too, not just dcs but also suicides. I have atleast every second game one dc or suicide cuz of anything. A dwight for example in my duo que game killed himself on the game at the first min on a myers cuz myers op I guess?

Post edited by BenZ0 on
  • Robotfangirl67
    Options

I get it completely and sorry that your teammate did that too you and the other players. I’ve also faced not so good players too, many times. I just think it also sucks to see those type of survivor players that just rage quit for noting going their way sometimes.

But yeah I’ve also seen more second stage hooks too more often as well from my experience as well. I also say that these issues are definitely getting out of hand and I wish they do something about it but I doubt it.

• ArthurVeloso
    ArthurVeloso Member Posts: 212
    Options

I don't know. I played a match with a doctor, and I got a perkless feng ming in my team. She did not touch a gen the whole game, hid in a locker, and died after being tunneled. Everyone in my team just gave up after it. I just stand under a hook just waiting. I mean, I was so done with these kind of games. I will just stop playing the game until the Developers take some actions about it.

• Robotfangirl67
    Options

I’m sorry your also having some problems too and I get it completely this whole update has been very frustrating to deal with. But yeah I totally get it about wanting to not play anymore cause the game is a lot more crazy now.

• Robotfangirl67
    Options

I’ve read about that and I can see why some survivors would try to rebel against this patch as some would say. But anyway all I’m saying is I don’t really believe it since I’ve seen it from my killer games. I probably may have to give solo survivor another go to see what is really going on since I haven’t played much survivor lately.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I havent had dc in my game for over a week

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

I get 1 guy about every other game that just does nothing but spin around. Could you guess why they loaded into the game?

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

Not all DC's are ragequits. Last weekend i witnessed 4 game crashes out of 50 games at random stages of the match while playing swf.

For myself i had one complete crash in the bloodweb and about 6 disconnects from the lobby.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    Options

I almost don’t get any DC, just people quitting /killing themselves on hook when they realise that the game is basically lost and don’t want to continue playing anymore.

The times I have gotten DC’s it feel like people are crashing. DC while sitting on a gen with me for example.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,014
    edited August 2022
    Options

Why WOULD you continue a match that is completely lost? It would be more rational to give up and go to the next match.

The one part of the update that I dislike the most is how lose/lose situations as survivor happen way more often. The beauty of playing killer is that those lose/lose situations can be prevented through skill. Survivors were just unlucky sometimes pre patch. Now it's a consistent game after game soul-crush. How is that fun?

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,097
    Options

Learning.

Improving.

If it's "lost" there is always something to take.

Humans learn with their mistakes. In these "lost" games, these mistakes will basically be free because it was already over anyway.

• MaudetteClorel
    MaudetteClorel Member Posts: 83
    Options

Many people opted out of playing solo survivor because it’s a miserable experience. So it’s only natural that you encounter more SWF squads

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,798
    Options

Why would you continue? For the points, the experience, and not to be dick to your teammates, for starters.

If the mindset is that the game isn't fun for you right now so you'll just bail when stuff goes south, just don't boot up the game.

If you you queue up, play it out (unless there's a hacker).

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

The thing is, you cant learn for your next random teammate in solo queue. And you cant carry a match alone, at least if mmr is working in any way.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,553
    Options

I don't get DCs or people letting go in my games. Or I do, but extremely rarely. I can't remember the last time I had one but I'm convinced it's a regional thing. I feel like gaming culture varies among different countries.

• Gamall
    Gamall Member Posts: 487
    Options

The game constantly crashes after the update for many people, I think it's an issue they are trying to resolve, check technical issue section

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Killer queues are so long that killers are playing survivor and having a miserable experience and DCing because it also makes survivors look bad.

I have no proof of it but it sounds just as ridiculous as a group of survivors collectively deciding to DC together (Devs have said they omit matches from stats with DC's) to get things reverted. Also something to consider, nurse is the most hated killer in the game and has the lowest kill rate, if survivors were so manipulative they could quiet easily have been boosting her kill rate since forever to encourage nerfs but they haven't.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

Playing in EU region and on low mmr, very few survivors willingly throw games in my experience. They're just casuals and beginners, and therefore not good enough for the disproportionate increase in difficulty for players who have not yet invested several hundreds of hours into the game.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

Let’s not give this any light. This is one of those things that if you keep mentioning it, sheep will start to buy into it and actually do it. If this was the case, players would just DC at the beginning of the match or run straight to the killer nearly every other game or so. These entitled players actually try, get outplayed, then ragequit like babies just as they always have before. It’s just more started doing it out of frustration- not to manipulate numbers. I really wish that “content creator” didn’t meme this theory. Smh.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,121
    Options

Why do people use streamers as an example as if they represent the average player. A popular streamer usually has 8-10 thousand hours in DBD. They are far better and far more experienced than the average solo queue player. It's ridiculous to say "if they can escape then so can randoms". Just play DBD for 8 hours a day EZ.

• Robotfangirl67
    Options

Oh I know and that sucks and I’m sorry to hear your game crash. I also know that sometimes dc’s can be out of someone’s control cause of bad internet. I had similar issues with my internet that were cause from the game or someone’s internet connection messing with others that would sometimes cause lag, black screen, ect. But yeah I totally get sometimes having internet can be a pain sometimes.

• Robotfangirl67
    Options

I get where you are saying, but sometimes you have to bring these types of issues into light. We bring them into light so that maybe bhvr will fix the issues but I doubt it. But they also bring it to light to also spread awareness so that others can keep an eye out for in the near future. I also understand that yeah entitled players and streamer’s are sometimes annoying to deal with.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

It’s not ridiculous to say that if you play well you have a decent chance of winning. People point to streamers simply because they happen to be the ones who publicly post a lot of matches as examples of how to play well. But you don’t need to be an Otz to play well enough to win.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

It's just easier for a game to feel hopeless with the recent changes.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,410
    Options

People's mentalities towards certain killers need to change, so they don't feel they have to give up. I don't know how to loop Nurse well, so I hide it I can. I know I can't hide against Doctor, so I spend the time before his static blast to start running. Improvise. You can always play safe and drop the pallet early. If the killer's punishing you for dropping it early by pushing around the other side, force them to take the stun before you drop it. Watch what your opponent is doing. If all else fails, look up tips, practice, play with friends, use different perks.

• Robotfangirl67
    Options

Yeah I can see why most solos would quit cause again I get it, this update in general is not very good or helpful. I also see why some of them would come back with their friends too which may explain why more swfs are showing up more.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,069
    Options

You don't need to camp and tunnel agains't soloQ. I only do that when playing bubba and it ends me winning the match in less than 5 minutes. Normally when I play match it last about 15 minutes and I get good 30K+ bp if I go for chases. Agains't good swf camping and tunneling seems to be only option unless you can somehow apply enough pressure so you don't have to. But soloQ and good swf are very different things. More casual swf is not usually much harder to beat than solos either so camping and tunneling is not needed. But some just want to be 100% sure to win and tunnel even in 3vs1 situation at 5 gens when one has dc:t. Im always merciful if match end in 3vs1 situation I lost once but that will not change my playstyle. Sometimes I just let them all go if the match has cakes.

• Robotfangirl67
    Options

I know you don’t always have to camp and tunnel against solos or sometimes Swfs, I’ve been playing more fair meaning I’m not camping and tunneling as much. I would only camp and tunnel usually at 2,1 gens, and endgame if I needed to if I wanted to win. I would sometimes bring no-way out to also help me a little bit at endgame. I would of also said blood warden but it’s hard to play with sometimes. But yeah I get it sometimes it’s better to also let some survivors go when the match doesn’t go well as killer.

• JonathanByers
    JonathanByers Member Posts: 167
    Options

It’s mainly because survivors don’t like the patch, perk changes, dead hard change, think game is killer sided now etc.

Its understandable why solo queue survivors would do it since I tried solo queue as Jonathan and literally just could not, I always duo queue with my friend who plays Steve whenever I play survivor as Jonathan/Steve now (can’t play as Jeryl, scoops ahoy Jonathan or Steve with Jonathan’s jacket no more since they patched the cosmetic glitch), whenever I play killer (which is more than survivor now) I get survivors who dc a lot believe me.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,069
    Options

Noed is still best endgame perk it should secure usually kill at least sometimes you can even win bad match with it. But I don't use it much anymore as I don't need it but I sometimes pick it up solely when I see good survivors in my lobby so I know the game is going for endgame and it allows me to play bit more fair too as I know I can seal the deal at endgame. At endgame killer should camp if he wants to secure kills. Tunneling at 1-2 gens is fair too when you need that kill and it's not really tunneling if you have hooked multiple people at that point. I once apolosiges when I tunneled one quy at 1 gen left he said it was ok and fun match so even some survivors know it's fair at that point.

• RMT
    RMT Member Posts: 32
    Options

Nurse = AFK/DC