Why didn't we just revert thanata buff

DredgeyEdgey
DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,373
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

So I stead of reverting it back to its 20% or even its old 18% it was made to be 12% why

After re reading the perk i realized what I said was wrong nvm

Post edited by DredgeyEdgey on

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited August 2022

No, you get EXTRA +12% if you have all people damaged, so it's the same value but now you can remove most of the power of that perk if just one person heals. I think it's good. Finaly, Thana nerf. It's still playable perk but only on Plague and Legion and there is counterplay to it.

• rydiafan
    rydiafan Member Posts: 22
    edited August 2022

It's not 12%. It's 2% per survivor and a bonus 12% if all four are injured.

1 injured = 2%

2 injured = 4%

3 injured = 6%

4 injured = 20%

I agree with you it's a weird change, but wanted to at least show the accurate math.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

It’s not 12%, it’s an extra 12% bonus on top of the 8% if all four are injured, dying or hooked. So 20% if everybody is hurt, 2-6% if only 1-3 people are.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

It's back to 20%, but only if all Survivors are injured.

Its essentially useless on everyone but Plague

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Not really.

Having 1 person healthy against Legion is easy, which basically nullifies Thanataphobia

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,634

Why do I feel I've missed some news?

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,410

Imo it should be a flat 3% per stack as this would put it back to where it was with 80 second gens at 4 stacks. 102 seconds for a solo gen vs 115 currently.

And it wouldn't be useless on all but 2 killers...

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,688

Correct. And even if the stars align and all 4 survivors are injured, if just 1 person heals, then the big bonus goes away again. Unless all the injured survivors are broken, I don’t see the big bonus happening long enough to be useful.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Thats impossible! According to the countless examples on this very forum. All survivors are always injured and only 1 of them has to repair gens. All 5 of them alone.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

They just don't get it. I don't understand if they're trolling, cognitively dissonant, or simply incompetent.

They literally said:

"Thanatophobia now slows down generators pretty significantly. Particularly with Killers who have an easier time keeping multiple Survivors injured (e.g. Legion, Plague, etc.)"

Then they proceed to rework the perk to intentionally have the same effect as before if all survivors are injured/not healty state. Guess who are the two killers who are very good at that. Yeah.

Most complaints focused on those two killers specifically. So, the effect of the change is that only the OTHER killers will stop using it if they don't run anti heals, Plagues will just not give a damn, and Legions will run mangled or broken add-ons and go about their business.

Pretty good job so far.

P.S. and they nuked MoM lmao.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,442
    edited August 2022

It probably went too far, now it's useless on anyone that isn't plague or legion. They should probably do:

3.5% per survivor + a bonus of 6% when all injured.

1 injured = 3.5%

2 injured = 7%

3 injured = 10.5%

4 injured = 20%

Basically, the point of thana is not to actually slowdown the game directly, but to force survivors to heal before they do gens, otherwise it is slower. It needs to be such that, healing is more efficient then not doing the gen. At 6%, only 1 survivor needs to heal and you only get a grand total of 5.4 seconds needed on a gen.

Either that, or rework it to only give the injured survivor a bigger downside but allow them to heal themselves or be healed at increased speeds to encourage them to heal instead of work gens.

I think the main problem though is, people see "22% gen repair penalty on 90 seconds is sooo much!!!) But really it's not. On 90 second gens, you are looking at 19.8 more seconds. The reality is, you rarely are all 4 injured. The problem is that people never heal against legion or plague, which is a big problem with their design basically. You should want to heal, and not healing and basically denying 2 killers half the point of their power is terrible design.