Let's Discuss the Mettle of Man Nerf

RichardCarter
RichardCarter Member Posts: 82
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

So I just read the developer update for the 6.1.2 bug fix patch, and while I obviously know that this isn't all that they're going to be doing for this patch, although granted I'm pretty sure the rest of it is just bug fixes, there it was one thing about this that kind of confuses me and I want to talk about it. Granted I am personally disappointed that thanatophobia has essentially died now, and also very upset that the matchmaking incentives are not coming out as soon as we were promised but... It ain't the point of the post.

Mettle of Man now activates after two protection hits. That is the only part of this entire perk rework that is considered a buff. And personally if this was the only thing that happened to it, while I still think it wouldn't seem much value, it would actually kind of be a bit more reasonable.

But now instead of basically just giving you a free hit, you know gain the endurance status effect. Which means that if you perform a conspicuous action, you lose the ability to take a hit. You're also forced into staying within a 16 meter range of the killer so that way your aura is not revealed, in case the killer does not happen to be chasing you when the perk is activated.

(Now, I'm sure it was just a mistake, but this did not point out that as soon as you lose the endurance status effect to a conspicuous action, the aura is also hidden from the killer. Since this was not mentioned, I'm extremely afraid that you are now permanently revealed to the Killer? But I'm gonna just assume that's not the case, though it would be stupid if it's true.) EDIT: It got cleared up and this is not true. Void this.

I don't get it. I genuinely don't get why this is what they're going to be doing. Because now when you have Mettle of Man activated you are now basically forced into wasting your time to get Endurance value from this perk. It's kind of like people using Off the Record, wasting time bothering the Killer so they can hit you instead of being used as an anti-tunneling perk. With this perk we work, you're essentially forced to basically waste your time taking another body block for the survivor, if the killer happens to not be chasing you once the perk is activated. I just don't think this is a good change at all. It just doesn't make sense to me. I don't understand why this perk needed to be nerfed when it was barely used in the first place, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there's something I don't fully understand with this change. That's why I came here to discuss it.

So... What do you think? Am I misunderstanding the situation? Probably.

Comments