Matchmaking incentives

Options

In the developer update it was revealed that they won't be coming back for a while, so why not revert BBQ and WGLF in the meantime? Or better yet, why not revert those perks anyway? Without the additional blood points, it's becoming a worse grind than it was before.

Comments

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

because dev like as grinding for some reason I mean I had every character to p3 just not the new killer or survivor now it don't matter cause now I have to get to 100 lessen the grind by making us grind more.

with BBQ and WGLF bonus gone it up hill grind

oh but we get all perks Yay but good luck getting good item or add on.

whole thing bad joke

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

Yeah, I just can't wrap my head around the need to take away the bonus blood points. If this whole patch was meant to reduce the grind, then why nerf BBQ and WGLF? And upon hearing that the incentives are two patches away, then why not activate double blood points until it's turned on, or better yet, reinstate BBQ and WGLF back to what it used to be?

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

because they think grinding keeps people playing but that not all it works we play because it fun or meant to be fun after this update it not.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

"For a while" is in about four or five weeks when the next chapter hits (presumably the Project W one). Even if they wanted to temporarily revert BBQ and WGLF the next opportunity to do it would probably be that next chapter patch anyway.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Just activate bloodrush event and it will work.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    edited August 2022
    Options

Are you kidding me? We just got free from the tyranny of mandatory BBQ and you want to bring it back?

Basekit or not at all.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,812
    Options

Why is not having it at all better than it being attached to a perk? You're not forced to run the perk, but if it's neither on the perk nor basekit you are being forced to earn fewer Bloodpoints period.

• SweetTerror
    Options

That's literally the quickest Band-Aid fix they could do, and I'm a bit surprised they haven't announced anything yet. It's a slog to earn blood points right now. I just purchased two chapters, and considering that I can't earn double blood points with BBQ, makes me not want to play the game at all.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    Options

Because BBQ is useless for 90% of the killers I play and I don't want to be forced to waste a perk slot on a BP bonus anymore.

I don't use Nurse or Blight please have mercy

• kizuati
    kizuati Member Posts: 1,386
    edited August 2022
    Options

Bring a Bloodhunt at the least this is ridiculous. BHVR are pulling a Binding of Kin with "hey guys this feature we announced for this chapter actually won't be ready until the next one"

This is a joke

• SweetTerror
    Options

You're missing the whole point though. It's all about having choice. If you want double blood points then you can equip a perk, but if you don't then you're welcome to use a survivor pudding, or something else to your liking. Now I agree it would be absolutely awesome to have it base kit, but sadly that's a wish that's never going to be granted.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,812
    Options

I guess I'm just not going to understand this point of view. All I see is that BHVR took away any access to a BP bonus. If I really wanted to use a build that didn't include BBQ, I didn't run it. But for 99% of my matches I wanted to use BBQ. My regular goal as killer was to get a BBQ 4-stack. I enjoyed that, it was rewarding. That was taken away. And I've just hated playing killer since, it feels absolutely empty, and at this point I've stopped playing the game entirely.

• SweetTerror
    Options

All the more reason to have a double blood point event for the next month until the incentives are reactivated. They literally said that the whole reason for removing the bonus blood points from perks is because it won't be needed due to the reduced grind on top of the matchmaking incentives. But if the matchmaking incentives aren't active, then they need to do something to make up for that.

• dugman
    Options

That's not actually what they said. Here's the quote from the BBQ and Chili section of the June update.

We do not want Bloodpoints to be the driving factor behind perk choices, so we will be removing the Bloodpoint bonus [from BBQ and Chili]. While we understand this change may seem shocking, please keep in mind that this update reduces the grind by about 75%, with matchmaking incentives providing an additional avenue for Bloodpoints.

So no, the reason they removed the blood point bonus from the perks is because they don't want people picking perks based on bloodpoints, presumably because bloodpoints have no effect on the match for instance. And they were comfortable removing the bonuses because they felt with the Prestige rework people would need a lot less bloodpoints than before in the first place. The matchmaking incentives also help in that regard but they're supplemental, not the reason the bonuses on BBQ and WGLF were removed.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Then we can safely say it wasn't enough, hell it literally did jackshit to survivors.

• dugman
    Options

I can't speak to that but I can say I got a massive windfall from the new system. I went from having every killer with 30-40 perk levels to every killer having every single teachable perk at level 3 the instant the patch hit. And it'll cost me waaaay less on future killers adding their perks to the other killers and vice versa.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

What people don't seem to understand is, even if they wanted to bring back the bonus BP on those perks, it's not just the flip of a switch or a simple line of codes.

This was something I learned from one of the developers of Riot when they did an interview about one of the champion reworks and whether or not we'd ever see old versions of champs come back. Simply put, no, because they no longer exist.

Same thing with the bonus BP on perks. It doesn't exist anymore. When they change something like that, they change and even possibly remove that entire code for it. To get it back they'd have to build the code back into the game, sometimes from the ground up.

While I do agree that something should have been awarded to players who continue to play during this time, even if it's a small 25-50% bonus, the BP on perks is not the way to go. And simply put it wouldn't even be available until next patch of even the patch after, as they'd have to recode it.

I'd much rather see the incentives come to live properly, and then balance the economy around the base BP earned each match instead of adjusting bonus BP.