How could you make it so unfun for survivors?

Rastabooze
Rastabooze Member Posts: 151
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

I am a 6000h survivor main (I only play surv, check my YT-channel Rastabooze if you dont believe) and I am seriously asking myself, how you could make it so unfun to play as survivor!

The only thing you do now is press W and press M1. You completely destroyed all the aggressive players. You actually reward defensive gameplay now. Players who pressured gens lost their ability to do so and find themselves healing each other in the corner, just to not get tunneled out of the game.

Tunneling and facecamping has gone up rapidly, cause when you facecamp, killers now have even better chances of winning, cause all gens take in general 1min longer getting finished.

I am high MMR gamer so don´t come with low skill issue (watch my vids!). I am so sick that you totally changed the game for dh and ds users. It´s a complete different game now for them.

And THIS game, I dont enjoy anymore.

To all the defensive gamers out there: I dont blame you, enjoy the game. I am soon out of this game, like many others. THIS update changed not only the game, but removed a certain type of players. And the killers are laughing about it.

I couldnt be more disappointed... cheers gamers

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Rastabooze

you can do better than this.

It´s fine that you enjoy pressing M1 for 10min straight.

This game is now a complete different game for dh and ds users.

Not everyone likes to switch the perks like crazy.

As I say: Enjoy it. But it´s another game now for a certain type of players

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    edited August 2022

This patch neither destroyed survivors fun, nor removed aggressive gameplay. It's just it only available to top tier pro gamers. I may be wrong and there's 90% of only super skilled ones, otherwise it is really strange BHVR decision to make majority of playerbase absolutely helpless...

• Rastabooze

I didn´t bother healing myself at all, havin dh always as a joker. I got unhook and ran right to a gen, pressuring the game as fast as possible.

This game has become so slow and it doesnt reward you anymore, for pressuring gens being injured. Now when you get unhooked you gotta run away or heal urself, otherwise you get tunneled outa the game

• acharliet
    acharliet Member Posts: 155

I do agree with some changes but I definitely dont agree with couple, and playing SOLO-Q is a bit unfun, so many DCs, suicides on first hook etc. Also many campers and tunnelers, mostly annoying is when the nurse or blight is tunneling etc.

As SOLO-Q survivor main I didnt touch survivors for 4 days, I was playing killers, If Killer players ll say the buffs didnt help them, then they do something wrong for sure !!!! I could feel buffs playing different killers.

I was playing against some SWF teams but I had a bit broken builds so it was fun. Mostly We do play against solo survivors tho, I was feeling its little unfair playing Plague with tana + playing + pentimento. M1 killers - call of brine, overcharge, eruption - this is nasty a bit too.

I never had so Large win rate with killers before tho. As survivor I like game too, but playing against Nurses and Blights is a bit more difficult now, I m not talking about newbies in the game. Anyway lot of survivors throwing the games so it can be unfun.

• Rastabooze

is there anyone who can tell me, that using dh, ds, iron will and resilience isn´t a complete other gameplay now??

• Rastabooze
    edited August 2022

As I said. I ran dh, ds, resilience and iron will most of the time in my 6000h.

I didn´t bother healing myself at all, havin dh always as a joker. I got unhook and ran right to a gen, pressuring the game as fast as possible.

This game has become so slow and it doesnt reward you anymore, for pressuring gens being injured. Now when you get unhooked you gotta run away or heal urself, otherwise you get tunneled outa the game

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

Solo was already bad but they just made it awful with 6.1, their "fix" to camping and tunneling are buff to both and when I see 6.1.1/6.1.2 it looks like they couldn't care less

even for killer mains I don't see how you can find this patch balanced tbh it's alarming, my winrate is probably 90-95% since patch and I don't even touch nurse/blight, mostly wraith, freddy, legion... I don't get it

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

I had a game once were I was doing a meme build with both: Flashbangs and Blastmines, coupled with Haddies now "blind the killer" perk.

I got that poor Trickster 3 times with a Blastmine and 2 times with a Flashbangs. I know this, because I got 5 ticks on my "blind the killer 10 times" tome challenge that game.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,443

We have some amazing matches from time to my time, don't we?

I have one to tell, a story I've shared with the Forums before. It is an Old DBD tale, of course, but it is still fresh in my mind.

So there I was, playing Survivor on Old Shelter Woods against an Insta-Saw Billy. Said Billy was easily one of the best killer players I've ever seen: full P3 and extremely aggressive, barely gave us any time to do our objective.

But us Survivors did not back down. Even as Solo Queue, we would prevail.

We fought tooth and nail, really gave it our all. One could say that trial was a test of skill, in a way.

In the end, only two of us escaped. A tie, by my standards, but damn it felt like a victory.

And at the time it was a victory to be proud of! Now it is a treasured memory from a better time...

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

My favorite build is Blast Mine, Flash Bang, Head on, Quick and Quiet. My goal every game is to blind and stun the killer as many times as possible. I think the most I ever got was a game against wraith, 5 head ons, 3 blast mines, 2 or 3 flash bangs. The most blast mines I have had in a game is 4, it was against a nemesis with PR and Pop before the patch.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Doing better is harassing the killer with a flashlight and teabagging?

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

"Tunneling and facecamping has gone up rapidly, cause when you facecamp, killers now have even better chances of winning, cause all gens take in general 1min longer getting finished."

All gens take an extra full minute longer getting finished? They only added 10 seconds to the gen time, I'd very much like to see your explanation as to how they've increased that to an additional 60 seconds.

"is there anyone who can tell me, that using dh, ds, iron will and resilience isn´t a complete other gameplay now??"

"As I said. I ran dh, ds, resilience and iron will most of the time in my 6000h."

And here we have the crux of the complaint. Yes, the gameplay for a build using meta perks has changed when the meta perks are changed, that's a given! The fact that you've used that ultra-meta combo for most of your 6000 hours shows that you were in a rut.

The entire point of this release was to change the meta and improve kill rates. It certainly sounds like Mission Accomplished.

• Rastabooze

hey man. did you ever try new dh or new ds? be honest please!

thx for the hopes

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

That's basically my build, too, but I more often than not sub out the Flashbang for a Red Herring. That is a very situational perk, but because no one plays it the killer has no chance in suspecting its in play.

Granted, I don't get much value out of it, but that's not the goal of a build like this, with this you wanna have fun and be happy when things work out.

I once had such a game were everything worked like clockwork: I had been working on my second gen when the killer (a plague) showed up. I played it save and abandoned the gen before she could puke on me, but trapped it with a Blastmine. She walked over to the tile were I had run to, but when I quick'n'quieted into a locker, the red herring proc made her return to the gen and she looked for such a long time around the gen, in the bushes and the lockers for the survivor that must have been so feisty behind her back. Just before the Blastmine ran out she gave up and kicked the gen. It was a thing of beauty and wasted some 50s, I guess?

Don't expect such results every time with such a build, but when it works you feel like Megamind.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598

" i only Play Survivor " i Instant have Stop Reading

Sry but First play Killer before u complaining u dont know how Killer has feels before the Patch

Before the Patch the Game was very Survivor Sided and weak M1 Killers had it very Hard because of busted perks like DH now since the new patch the Game finally feels more balanced and fair 4 Killers

Good Survivor that doesnt get carried by Meta perks are still strong

Survivors that cant win chases whitout old DH and got carried by this perks needs to learn to be better in the Game

The Patch is Great and was 1 of most needed Patches ever

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

New Dead Hard is hard to use, but that's the point - old Dead Hard was overpowered and should not have had the breadth of utility it had. Either get good at the new one or learn to utilize a different exhaustion perk, and if you can't do either, accept that you were reliant on a function that they decided to remove from the game. New DS was overnerfed for no reason but Off the Record is just as good if not better, so the anti-tunnel situation hasn't really changed that much.

If the balance of the game has changed so that one survivor can't spend the whole match running around trying to bait a chase - as in, the team had a good shot of getting gens done when only 3/4 of them are trying - that's a good thing. "Defensive" gameplay, or actually doing gens and trying to evade the killer, is how the game is meant to be played. I think this patch is pretty messed up, but in your case, it sounds like it's working as intended.

Like, if you want to complain about them nerfing MoM of all things, I'll be right with you, but Dead Hard deserved what it got.

• Rastabooze

I use dh since 1 week constantly. I get exhausted on the ground in 4 outa 5 cases. maybe I have a bad connection, dunno man. But THIS is frustrating af. You try to adapt, but the only thing you got is depression.

when you DS a killer its even worse. Nurse gets you within 4sec and tunnels you to death... unplayable...

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 666

So find a perk that works better for you. DH was incredibly busted and had no business lasting since version 2.0.0 basically untouched (sans the addition of hit validation, which was a buff).

There's plenty of viable perk combinations, and it is possible to use new DH successfully. All I'm getting from your posts in this thread is "I'm bad at the game now that my crutch perk isn't free anymore and I refuse to adapt, so I'm going to complain about it instead."

Survivors cannot afford to be inefficient anymore, which is how it always should have been. If you're complaining that you should be able to goof around the whole match and still win... I don't even know how to argue against that kind of twisted logic.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709

You mean Off the record (the new and improved DS) and sprint burst (the DH with more distance, if you are as skilled as you say)?

It seems you are stuck in the past, the playstyle isn't dead it just changed... You know a meta shake up happened.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

The fact that you got the math wrong has already been covered by another poster - and my other points?

• Zmue
    Zmue Member Posts: 11

I didn't need the old dead hard and I don't need the new one. I run Kindred, Open Handed, Situational Awareness, and Prove Thyself to encourage team work, highlight where I am for people to run to when injured, and if I screw up to give my team a lot of information when I do go down.

NOED and Dead Hard are horrible perks that probably shouldn't be in the game because they punish good plays on the opposite team (winning a chase/mind game or successfully completing gens) and I dislike them. I probably lean too heavy into information perks, but it lets me know what my team is doing and I only play soloQ when I go survivor.

• Rastabooze

they actually take even longer to get them all finished. all in all the whole possibilty to finish them decreased, so gen-slow-down-perks are even stronger than before and regressing the gens even more. all in all and Im sure studies will show that, gens take at least 1min longer to finish them all now. at least

• Ikalx
    Ikalx Member Posts: 134
    edited August 2022

I'll be honest dude, if you were playing the same build for 6000 hours, you were probably playing dbd to self soothe, and I gotta say I'm happy that video games can do that, but...I'm not sure if dbd is the right game for that. Even if it is, it's really not the devs fault for balancing or tweaking the game so that you can't do the same thing any more. It's not really supposed to be a game where one strat wins all.

• Laluzi

Did you play much in the last... 9? months? Server-side hit validation made Dead Hard much more reliable and its strengths got magnified as a result. People could time it so that they could use it after the killer started lunging and always dodge the hit. Plus using it to reach a pallet or vault was particularly uncounterable and that's primarily what all the racket was about.

Again, the DS nerf was stupid, but I've found no issues swapping to Off the Record. The only time OTR is worse than DS is if you're camped and the killer hits you off the hook.

• Rastabooze

if dh would just work as intended, I would be fine. DS should be up to at least 4sec, but that will come... this exhausted on the ground thing is just frustrating af.

but ye, you are right, maybe its not the right game for me anymore.

thx for the words

• Bubble0seven
    Bubble0seven Member Posts: 115

Typical survivor main has never played killer by your own admission but tries to tell people how easy it is to play a killer.....

Anyhow take care hope you find a game where your able to dictate your fun.

• Rastabooze

another poster op? another poster mathematician?

dude, when it takes longer to finish 1 gen, it highers the possibility that the killer stops it from being finsihed, which highers the possibility that slow down perks have an even bigger impact on gen regressing... which all in all leads to the conclusions, that 60seconds is maybe the minimum of more time needed finishing all gens.

dont be too arrogant about a false statement ma man

• Ikalx
    Ikalx Member Posts: 134

From my perspective (as someone who didn't use DH much), 0.5s is kinda a short time to deal with and honestly with the kind of lag dbd experiences it threw me that they would have such a short timer on it. They mentioned adding an animation or something to clue the killer in to when it was being used, so I would expect they could balance the timing to like 1s and make the animation more obvious or what have you.

I do agree with DS being 4s. I get 5s is a loooooong time as a killer to be just staring at your screen in frustration, and I do get that a lot of people used it "maliciously" i.e. baiting the killer into a grab, but...I don't know if 3s is really enough time to escape. Hopefully the numbers will show whether it's enough or not though.

Personally, and something that no one mentions, is that it's super nice not to get farmed off the hook by fellow survivors. Yes there's tunnelling and camping, but at least there's no insta-downs when you did nothing wrong, and that's a huge win for the game honestly.

• Rastabooze

its a whole another playstyle now. so you are trying to adapt to it, playing new dh, but ned dh is NOT working as intended. what is so hard about that? when you decide to change a meta perk and you are not able to make it work, then you shouldnt wonder ppl being frustrated...

this is a whole new playstyle this game is favoring

• Laluzi

The thing is, new DH is totally working as intended. It's meant to be risky and needs perfect timing otherwise the killer hits you anyway. This is because a perfect 'you can't hit me' shield was deemed overpowered; if it always works, it's a third health state. Dead Hard was nerfed. That was always the point of the change. I've still had people use it correctly on me - even consistently - so it's not impossible to use now, just way less easy.

It's not a new playstyle this game is favoring. What you're being encouraged to do now is actually spend some time doing the game's objectives instead of chasing the killer trying to get aggro or to pull off killer grasp saves for the entire game. I get that that's a lot more exciting than gens, but is it difficult to understand that if the survivor team regularly has the free space to ######### around while the killer has to 100% commit to their objective for a chance to win, the game is unbalanced? I'm not saying it's balanced in its current state, because solo queue is a nightmare at the moment, but the glory days you're talking about were objectively bad for the balance of the game. If that playstyle isn't tenable anymore, that's a good thing.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Most of the gen slow down perks got nerfed or gutted, what are you even talking about? Only a few of them got remotely buffed, and one of them already got slapped down harder than Icarus himself. If your 1 minute time you're touting is about matches in general, then allow me to present similar hyperbolie: It used to take as low as 1:40 to do 5 gens with no other factors, positive or negative applied. It now takes 2 minutes.

• Rastabooze

its not about the perks being nerfed. They are stronger by itself, when it takes longer time to finish a gen. The whole possibility of gens regressing is higher, so is the time gens are regressing. You dont have to study maths for that

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,161

Well, allow me to break this one down for you, since you are very much wrong.

Generator repairs got changed from 80 seconds (1 C/S) to 90 seconds (1 C/S), and since there are 5 generators that are required to be repaired (7 total that spawn), it would be 50 extra seconds total added to generator repairs.

This however, in-game does not mean the match is going to last another 50 seconds. Survivors can split and work on generators to increase the repair speed, if someone is taking chase, you will have 3 different survivors repairing separate generators, meaning that it will take 3 survivors 90 seconds to complete 3 generators. The other 2 being split adds an additional 90 seconds. This creates an efficiency ratio of 1 generator repaired every 36 seconds. To put it into perspective, the efficiency ration before the update was 1 generator repaired every 32 seconds of repairing.

This of course isnt considering that people need to run and find generator, but honestly that isnt really much of an issue for experience survivors since generator spawns (while random) do have consistent spawn points areas, since you did state you were high MMR you should have an issue with this at all (even though we cant see our own MMR, but whatever).

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

you don't have to study math to hold m1 on a gen either yet here we are.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,019

As this thread is turning heated and argumentitive, I am going ahead and closing this up here, and feedback noted. Please remember that everyone is free to disagree with one's thoughts on the game, or how the game is played within the Game Rules and EULA. However, it is always asked, and part of the Forum Rules, to keep your responses civil and respectful, and refrain from attacking one another.

This discussion has been closed.