Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can someone please explain to me how I'm supposed to counter plague with dying light and thana?

How am I supposed to counter a plague using these two perks while in solo queue? I'm not a new player, I have 2500 hours in the game and I play both Killer and Survivor, so I know how to counter plague. I know when I should cleanse and when I shouldn't and how to loop her. The issue arises with my teammates, however, because no matter what I do in a game against dying/thana plague it usually always ends up with the Killer winning because my teammates screw up at some point in the match. Those two perks alone increase gen times to such an absurd amount of time that even if my teammates are semi-competent and are able to loop the plague for a decent amount of time it will almost always still end with us losing in the end. Plus, those two perks are always followed up with more gen regression perks usually like Jolt, Scourge hook of pain, etc.

Comments

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 566

If you're solo queuing I'd recommend running at least one perk that increases your solo gen repair speed.

If your teammates suck I'd recommend running perks that show hatch or increase exit opening speed.

Sole survivor was buffed this patch, it makes exit gates take 10 seconds to open!😲

• Dsnooz
    Dsnooz Member Posts: 241

How am I supposed to counter a plague using these two perks while in solo queue?

I'm just grateful most killers aren't abusing Plague right now.

• Lynnthedoe
    Lynnthedoe Member Posts: 19

I just had a plague running this exact build and they camped too.... Fun times for all!!

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

This. I bring the recently buffed Deja Vu in most of my matches. The 5% gen speed increase and the 3-gen avoidance makes all the difference.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

Dont cleanse and she is an m1 killer. Also dont 3 gen yourself.

• danielmaster87
  • Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

Hope she is bad and don't 3 gen yourself, it is important that you are able to do gens far enough away from each other that she can't just puke on all 3 and keep you all injured.

Prove thyself is pretty big against thana legion/plague. I have also noticed a lot more people running tool boxes. I actually went against a 4 man SWF running brand new parts last night, first time I have seen that since the old haddonfield.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I used to run thana and DL on plague ages ago, it was nasty enough back then so it's kinda funny it's only being discovered now.

Idk I never really ran thana for the slowdown aspect itself, more to make survivors cleanse. Same with blood echo. DL was just to make the thana feel more urgent to get rid of, also it doesn't really buff the obsession so much. But I only ran Thana/DL before she had her default fountain and if you didn't use perks to force cleansing you might not get corrupted at all.

Anyway I still don't get why they buffed thana. All the other buffed slowdowns were previously perks no one ran, I saw plenty of thana pre-patch.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

Dying Light is a win more perk. If you win with it, you would've won without it.

Thana on Plague is a bit... let's say controversial. She disables your ability to heal, true, but part of Plague is she needs to adapt to survivors playstyles. If you have survivors that mass cleanse, Thana does nothing.

So, 2/4 perk slots are passive slowdown. She's gotta be lacking in some department.

Does she's gave Corrupt and regression? Then she's lacking information. No Corrupt? Make her early game as painful as possible. No regression? You gotta power through before she can gain a foothold.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

What about Clairvoyance then? It's highly valuable in soloQ, bc it shows you the hatch aura within 64 meter range. So when the match goes downhill, you can just hide and wait for the last to die, and then beat the killer to the hatch. It works quite often. And for the instances were it doesn't, you could equip Sole Survivor / Wake up to open a gate faster. Since you know were the hatch is due to Clair, you can also hide at a gate. If you cannot see the hatch at the gate, it is too far away for the killer to reach you after the hatch was closed (when using Sole Survivor / wakeup and not playing against fast killers like blight / billy / nurse).

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,205

Thana is almost essential on Plague. It's value isn't the slowdown, it's the way it pressures survivors to heal. The "no cleanse" meta against Plague completely denies her power, so you need to get survivors healing to use your power.

Dying Light isn't all that good of a perk. It benefits survivors at the start of the game, and unless you tunnel the obsession they can offset any stacks of slowdown by being the repair bot.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

Coordinating a cleanse is also a great strategy but dont cleanse is a way better way than what we usually get, cleansing like the fountain insulted your mother. That quickly spirals out of control

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Lmao that just hints at the fact that many people are unhappy with the new patch, and that something needs to be done to help out survivors.

Some slowdown perks, especially Thana, are just too strong at the moment, now that gens take 90 seconds. Camping and tunneling are also huge problems. Until these issues get resolved, killer queue times will surely stay very long.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

If you have survivors that mass cleanse, Thana does nothing.

Making sure survivors give you a flamethrower for 60 seconds is not exactly "nothing"

Thana on Plague is not at all controversial, it's a win-win

Survivors don't cleanse? Ok, enjoy long repair times

Survivors cleanse? Oh, I guess I'm a Huntress that shoots 15 hatchets in a row for 60 seconds

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

She's one of my mains I play and after running her 3 times with only Overcharge as a regression and no slowdowns I found it was too easy because NO ONE cleansed during the matches....I don't care I don't get my Red Barf but really you would make yourself a Perma broken....

• Khelendrose2020
    Khelendrose2020 Member Posts: 207

It all depends on your teammates. If the team focuses on gens and tries to play efficiently, they can beat that combo. The problem I often see in solo que is teammates don't play anything close to efficiently.

I see them hiding in lockers, hiding near the killer, but the killer is chasing someone else, or they are searching basement chest, even though they brought a purple flashlight.

Yeah, the problem is player choices at that point.

• havoc
    havoc Member Posts: 17

I faced a decent Plague last night with full slow down perk in soloQ, we finished all 5 gens rather fast as we were simply efficient on gens and didn't give the killer too much pressure by getting infected. Just do not touch infected gens if not infected already, if the killer comes close to you try to be stealthy, don't get infected as that affects the whole team with thana. Don't cleanse as that will destroy the team and if you get chased and fully infected the killer is just a m1 killer without the power so you should be able to get chased for a while which buys your team time to do gens.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,176

do you know which other killer shoots 15 hatchers in a row? trickster. many killers in the game have anti-loop and their anti-loop is base-kit. Corrupt puke plague is no different really. your suppose to use her slow movement when charging, slow projectile speed and slow wind-up to prevent her from getting a clear shot.

plague is easiest killer to utilize line of sight against, even easier than trickster. the flamethrower nature of her ability prevents you from using zig-zag strategies that is commonly used against huntress, deathslinger and to lesser extend trickster. Just like all other ranged killers, high-walls loop are great counter to plague with corrupt puke. Low-walls loops are completely useless against corrupt puke plague. Luckily she does not always have corrupt puke plague so you can use low-walls when she does not have it and high-walls when she does have it unlike other 3.

not cleansing at all is dumb strategy because plague can infect survivors and hook-trade when everyone is injured. Cleansing recklessly in convenient locations just makes your chase harder because your making her corrupt puke active on every chase with no time investment.

plague is balancing act between cleansing at correct times in long distances where getting corrupt puke for plague is impractical as time investment while over-cleansing at times to consume all fountains. plague has 6 fountains, so if 2-3 fountains are active, you can over-cleanse on purpose and consume all 6 fountains. it does give her power automatically, but a single usage of her ability is not instant game over. she has 1 fountain at base-kit corrupted and that 1 fountain is not instant win.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Cleanse like a madmen and finish gens before dying light stack up.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Hypothetically Dying Light is more like a late game perk than a win more perk. Once you have four to six hooks it’s giving some ok value, and it’s quite possible to have not killed anyone by the time you have six to eight hooks. So if you are playing a slow build up strategy where you try and pressure and hook and destroy pallets in the early game in order to have a more oppressive mid and late game then something like Dying Light can pay off if you can play it right.

The problem with Dying Light in my mind is it actually starts you off at a disadvantage in the early game compared to having no perk at all because the Obsession gets speed boosts. So your early game is even tougher to keep the pressure up than usual. I think if they got rid of that boost on the Obsession though it would definitely help the perk out without making it be overpowered.

• WitchWalpurga
    WitchWalpurga Member Posts: 118

Same here and of course she brought a midwich offering. "Just look for mistakes you monkeys" was her endgame chat comment regarding that we did not find any enjoyment in that game. The cherry on top was that she brought petimento with plaything. After we cleansed all 4 Playthings she facecamped one out.

And my Solo-Q Teammates did not do any stupid stuff, i am still surpised that no one dc'd.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

This is very true. Dying Light is in the same vein as Devour Hope. It rewards good actions on the Killer's part, namely hooking.

I am a Plague main and can tell you that Plague's weakness is either in chase (no corrupt purge) or pressuring gens. Thano helps balance her weaknesses. I run Prayer Tablet with Corrupt and Thano. If I down somebody too quickly Corrupt is gone. If I take too long then i wasted my early game.

I'm also a Plague who doesn't go to pools too often. Once a survivor is infected it forces them to either eat the Thano penalty or go across the map to the only available pool. Once all of the pools are corrupted I get auto Corrupt as well, usually mid-chase.

But again if the survivors pressure hard early game and split the gens then it's difficult for me to stop them. If 4 survivors are working together on 2 separate gens far away I can't do much. If they try to lead me away then I am forced to not babysit the gen, not pressure the gen or go for a down. Certain maps especially hurt this.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,522

Cleanse and focus on gens.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

You hold m1 on gens until you win the game. Nothing about this has changed.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,373

3 options

1 cleansing ( not recommended )

2 die ( wither it be you or the obsession either way your not dealing with it )

3 bring prove thy self or other perks to increase gen speed

• VentureBrosFan
    VentureBrosFan Member Posts: 52

That's the neat thing, you don't

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

Trickster and Plague with Corrupt Purge are two completely different things, the only thing they have in common is that they are ranged killers, I don't even know why you'd bring this up.

Yes, the perfect play against a Thana Plague is to consume her fountains as fast as possible to force her Corrupt Purge, but good luck with coordinating that.

This doesn't change the fact that using Thana on Plague is a win-win, survivors either stay injured (eating the penalty) or cleanse, giving you the stronger part of your power

• danielmaster87

Then why is it that, "gen slowdown has to be stopped, right now!" But the matchmaking? It can just be put on the back burner.

• danielmaster87

Everyone. Nobody is saying the matchmaking, or the DC penalty, is priority #1, even though they should be. They're just saying "Killer OP. Let's nerf them." We just got the most productive balance patch in YEARS. Let's not ruin it because our own teammates are what's causing us to lose.

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 623

I've been seeing this too, and while it's annoying, I can't say I blame them because if I play survivor every other game is a thana legion or plague. Like I might not be running slowdown but they just have to come prepared like I am because every other game they play has it.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited August 2022

Why don't you just cleanse, and in turn your teammates should cleanse in reaction? Then it's just a matter of trying to not get caught in the open/pre-drop pallets or do your best to hit a stun when she's in her power.

I'm going to be honest, I don't think killers like Plague/Legion are strong enough to warrant nerfing specific perks that make them stronger. You know a lot of problems people have could probably be fixed if we limited gen regression perks to 1/2 and strengthened them all around that idea.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Probably it's the compination thought if you have really bad teammates killer should win regardless has he slowdown perks or not. After the patch I have losen many games with my team at 1 gen and killee has had all the slow down perks so they do decide if you lose or not lot of times. But everyone uses them so you just have to beat all the slowdowns as well. One stragedy how I won killer who had slow down perks was when I was playing with friend who was on death hook was to tell him to dc as soon as killer downs and lifts him. Cause otherwise killer would get him to pr hook and get pop and last gen was soon to be finished. 3 of us got out in that match.

• AndyKuky
    AndyKuky Member Posts: 84

This kind of post just highlights the problem with survivors that complain about solo queue. What happened here is your teammates made bad plays and as a team you three gen’d yourself.

Now what can BHVR do to compensate for bad survivor plays? What can they buff that would make up for that? There’s nothing they can do for that. I died in a match last night on my first hook after I did the only two gens that got done because one survivor looped the killer at my hook while the other two hid and watched. Is that a solo queue issue? No, it’s a bad survivor issue.

• Dsnooz
    Dsnooz Member Posts: 241

lol, I think people are used to having old Dead Hard be Plague's counter. The whole "don't heal against Plague" only worked because Dead Hard could extend chases. Endurance is still valuable against Plague, but the Dead Hard nerf should change how people play against the Plague.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

I swear if they nerf Plague, dying light and re-nerf thanta you will find another thing to complain about :)

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

Cleanse. Never understood and always hated the "don't cleanse against plague!" sentiment. If you don't cleanse you're essentially playing against a reduced lunge perma T3 Meyers. If you do cleanse, and be smart about it (hit fountains in corners and areas with finished gens first), you are playing against a Huntress with normal movement speed for a short time who can also be stunned out of her power.

• akanadi
    akanadi Member Posts: 242

you dont pepelaugh