Why aren't we getting a BP event while waiting for the incentive fix?

It's summertime, more people have time to play the game. Why must it be a time where BP gain is so atrociously slow due to inadequate implementation of a system you were banking on to replace BP perks?

Look if you're incapable of fixing an important QoL change that was supposed to come with the reworked progression system, you need give something to help in the meantime. The grind has never felt slower without BBQ or WGLF to help me get points. People are rightfully assuming nothing's been done to help with the grind (especially newer players), and that's a terrible thing to have people feel when your goal was the complete opposite. Nevermind gameplay balance causing hysteria, this is tangible and objectively true.

So I must ask, why can't there be some event as compensation until this is fixed? Does our time not matter or is it simply too much to ask for a recycle of an event that doesn't really require much effort from anyone?

Comments

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

We gotta make them think they came up with it otherwise it won't happen. Too many people figured out removing perk tiers was easier and would guarantee grind reduce, so a more convoluted solution had to be found so it was BHVR's very own super unique donut steel Original idea.

I just want my ######### BP mang I wanna get some nice perks on everyone but I gotta do entire prestige levels to get all the default perks on the survs.

• RinsDoormat
    RinsDoormat Member Posts: 121

Bloodpoint Economy

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I need BP now ffs

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

The developers don't see the que incentive as a replacement for BBQ/WGLF or part of the reduced grind. The incentive is simply in the game to reduce que times.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

That would ruin their precious, totally not made up "bloodpoint economy" since it would give bonus bloodpoints to both sides, and that would be totally 100% bad

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Won't someone think of Badham Street stock brokers? And what would the Entity Revenue Service do if people weren't paying their prestige taxes?

• LiaLight
    LiaLight Member Posts: 75

Not so long ago they sent out a player satisfaction survey with a lot of questions regarding what the players want. I am pretty sure the result overall was "BP/currencies and cool cosmetics", it should be pretty obvious what would motivate players to log-in and play the game.

The BP gain feels so bad currently and the matchmaking incentives apparently are only really there to fix queue times and have nothing to do with the grind according to a post here on the forums. They might be available, they might not, they might be only a 25% bonus.

So what is going to be done to make the game feel more rewarding? Are the amount of BP we get for score events going to be looked at so we can actually get to the 40k max BP per match? They haven't really mentioned it anywhere as far as I know. Are we going to get anything that will give us a bonus to BP at all apart from offerings? Probably not, because of the "BP economy"... it's absolutely ridiculous.

Double BP weekends should be a thing or a Bloodhunt for a week once per month, a daily log-in bonus calendar, just... something. This would be such an easy way to show that the devs actually care about player satisfaction.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

They threw the rift challenges that you have to throw games for and dailies that are weighted to be disproportionately killer oriented and decided that was enough for universal extra gains. It feels greedy to ask for more until you feel how awful gains feel now, like you mentioned. Now i just don't feel like playing at all unless there's an event.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

Exactly! Then if everyone were to gain more bloodpoints, we'd had to deal with bloodweb prices inflation! Noone wants that! It's better to keep the match earnings to a minimum and rely on tome challenges/bp offerings/daily challenges to gain actual bloodpoints, it's a lot better that way!

• LiaLight
    LiaLight Member Posts: 75

I completely agree. Most players log in during the anniversary event when the BP bonus is through the roof because of cakes/flans and the BPs per match feel amazing. Do we get tired of bonus BP? NO! People were even begging for the event to be extended.

Also, the reason why BBQ lost its BP bonus was due to its high pick-rate because of the BP bonus. People love gaining BP, plain and simple. Depriving players of BP for some made up reason is not giving them more incentives to play, it's the opposite.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Because most people will still play despite the advertised “grind reduction” being far worse than promised.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

I agree, wouldnt be surprised if they are also thinking about selling BPs for Auric Cells in the future too.

• NotKillerMain99
    NotKillerMain99 Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2022

Yeah... as someone who plays casually from time to time and relied too much on bbq for bp, the grind has been unbearable.