Your dbd games

dspaceman20
dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

How Is everyone's dbd games going are you having fun or not??

Ok this is weird why did my post get changed??

Post edited by dspaceman20 on

Comments

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Been playing mostly solo survivor last night and the games have been surprisingly ok. Got a couple of bad games, but that's about it.

As killer though it feels like I've been getting paired with elite SWFs. And toolboxes every match. I haven't played killer in a while because of breaks from DBD and long queues, so maybe that's why.

Overall, it's been an ok experience though. Not too bad, not too good. Just in the middle.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited August 2022

Every time I get the ball rolling with good matches I get paired with the absolute most baby survivor. So MMR has been poor as usual. But still pretty fun matches, but still learning the new base for everything it’s been worst adjusting to new bloodlust.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

Solo q is still bad for me my escape rate is too low, I've read that players are adapting but I don't see it in my games, can't say I'm having fun no. I'm abusing the tap gen bug so I don't need to escape anyway

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Ok that's not too bad. Currently I'm on a break but I wasn't sure if I should get back to playing

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

They're going fine, I'd say I win easier alot of games (by win easier I mean faster than usual for a win)

Still escape far more than I die and if the killer goes for hooks it seems to be an easy win which is kinda a shame as tunneling seems most effective but that's not really fun to verse.

Still alot of DCs and hackers though sadly

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Haven't been playing much this week, I had to go to London urgently for dog/housesitting duty

I played one game of solo survivor yesterday and it was terrible, a 3 hook 2k with a lot of a hook punching by a nemesis who didn't appreciate none of us going down until 4 gens had been done

Also this is Buffy:

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

When no one gives up? Then the matches are great. But there are still survivors that give up against thana Legion, even when he doesn´t injure everyone.

On the plus side, i got my Left Behind achievement against Trickster. Also someone suicided on first hook, but the rest of the team was amazing!

• acharliet
    acharliet Member Posts: 155

It depends, like yesterday I had 5 great games and it was fun, but next 8-9 games was so bad, lot of DCs, lot of survivor suicide on first hook, and like this morning I was playing mostly against nurses and blights tho, i dont mind to play against them, but not every game pls.

Matchamking in SOLO-Q doesnt exist, not sure why players still talking about matchmaking since its RNG.

Well like i m saying You can have some games fun and some games can be frustrating and waste of time, it depends.

• The_C12H15NO2
    The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 335

MMR is still random it seems. When i solo q i still get a lot of team mates who barely know how to stay on a gen. Honestly i blame streamers for this. Most streamers don't run information perks b/c they just know based on sound or some other que where the killer is and what they should be doing. So all these survivors don't equip any info perks, not even kindred, and then hide in a locker or just crouch somewhere as soon as they hear the TR. if you're solo, please run kindred or bond and OTR. it goes a long way.

My killer games are kinda similar. Some games i get teams who are clearly solo. While other games I face off against a swf squad who know which gens to push & stay positioned near safe loops.

Overall i'd say it's a better experience since the update on both sides. MMR needs help but i've had no issue adjusting my game play for the new updates.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Bringing any perk which deactivates upon performing a "conspicuous action" so OtR, dead hard, DS now gives you 50 survival points whenever you tap a gen or totem or something

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

I've been having fun -- it's why I play, and nothing has changed on my end dramatically enough to warrant that being different.

Had a mixed bag of survivor rounds yesterday -- some escapes, some deaths (playing as anything from a 2-person SWF to a full-on 4-person SWF). Was facecamped by a Bubba at 5 gens, but I was as angry at my teammates (who were part of a 4-stack SWF) who refused to do gens while I stayed on the hook (one was breaking totems for a Rift challenge!) and fed the Bubba a 3K that would have been a 1K (me) if they'd played correctly. There were a couple of killers who tunneled/camped, but nothing more than the norm, and in some of those instances, game circunstances dictated they were the right plays. Overall, we had fun.

Playing killer yesterday, matches don't feel much different than they were beforehand. I played an anti-healing Doctor build (with NO gen regression, other than the bonus to a Huntress Lullaby missed skillcheck) and still had someone rage-quit, two people who went to 2nd stage on first hook because survivors sat on gens while I was a mile away from the hook, and two teabaggers for no reason other than BM'ing (I ended with a 4K, which was satisfying). I played some Battle Pig builds (Enduring, STBFL, Dissolution) with either no gen slowdown or next-to-none (I finally started slapping on PR as a 4th perk). The games with NO gen slowdown, even when I was getting down fairly quickly and rapidly, gens were flying. I ended up with games where I had 4-5 hooks in the first 5 minutes of a game and all 5 gens were still popping in that 5 minutes (I ended up with mixes of 0-2 K's in those games, usually because some unlucky person with an active trap was literally trapped in the match with me and no hope of their party hat coming off once that last gen popped, and I usually got the 2nd kills from altruistic teammates trying to save them). When I threw on PR, I was still seeing gens fly (Corrupt is still very useful, even after its change) -- had a couple of 4K's, and some 0-2 K's with that build, with gens still going at an alarming rate. Every team seems to have at least a Commodius, a BNP toolbox, and PT somewhere in their builds.

Overall, it's not been much different than before the patch, to be frank. Survivor has gotten a little tougher, but it's not impossible to escape, even solo. If you're playing a "lower-tier" killer with no gen defense against solid survivors, you're going to see gens fly, even if you're playing well and getting downs. I still see clueless teammates as survivor, and MMR being weird as always, I do still get occasional lobbies as killer with survivors who also seem helpless. So for me, it's the same-old, same-old honestly.

• AngryHobo2
    AngryHobo2 Member Posts: 106

My Dead by Daylight games are more or less alright. I'll wait until the 11th before I share my current data though. I want to build up somewhat of an actual data set before I share my spreadsheet.

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436

Solo queue is hot garbage. Between survivor DC's and refusing to do objectives and sweaty "4k at all costs" killers its brutal.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I queue with on average 1 or 2 people and my games are....aboutthe same.

We get more 5 gen blowouts but eh, that seems to be more level dependent. It seems nothing gets done in the Garden of Joy.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 699

Survivor side games feel the same as usual, not much different pre patch, though I equate that to not running many of the nerfed perks. I did run DH but Ive swapped that out now for Lithe. Bond, Prove Thyseld, and Windows still killing it.

Killer wise again, kind of the same, though slightly more successful now since not seeing the same builds. Only issue is all the DCs and rage quits, but thats on those Survivors and thats it.

• JaviiMii
    JaviiMii Member Posts: 286

Been playing a lot of soloQ since the update. Very mixed in terms of results. Vast majority of matches were not particularily fun. - Why keep playing SoloQ then? Cause there's something I'm curious about so I will have to get through another eight matches before I can quit soloQ (which I will).

SWF has been... various degrees of miserable as far as games are concerned. But nice in terms of people. The most annoying thing about SWF now is that if not all four are somewhat on the same level it's just not gonna work out. While before a weaker link could make up for typical "newbie behaviour" by focusing on gens and being there to heal the others and buy time with perks now it's just game over if they're found somewhat early in the game. Having the whole "git gud" attitude toward friends who just want to play casually together is killing the fun as far as the game is concerned. I just go to Iri I now and then idgaf when playing with friends and just expect a 95% death rate and focus on the fun side of chatting with friends while playing some game - which happens to be dbd. If friends find another game they rather play, I won't feel bad about stopping playing survivor altogether.

Have also been playing a lot more killer. That's been pretty fun, albeit a little bit boring to the point where I start to wonder how many more 3-4k it will take to move into a bracket where it's a fun back and forth and not a fun first five minutes and then it just all falls apart on the survivor side with the last five or seven minutes just being a stomp-fest. (I play Nemo most of the time; only add-ons I ever use are speedy zombies cause they're funny. Perks are always Lethal, BBQ, Spies & Jolt; I just like chase more than hide and seek and don't care too much for slow down cause dealing with gens is always the most annoying and boring aspect of the game. - At least I for one have never heard a killer say "I just love patrolling gens!" or a survivor going "I just love waiting for the next gen skillcheck!")

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,883

My survivor games feel different, but not really much harder. More DCs/suicides/throwing than normal, but not to an outrageous degree. Escape rate feels a little down, but I really attribute this mostly to people feeling out new builds, and being less efficient.

I haven't been playing nearly as much killer as I normally do (loving the surv queue time), but I feel like surv MMR must be busted right now, because I have been going against clearly inexperienced survs a lot more. I'm getting more 4Ks, but this feels to me clear like a function of a drop in the level of competition. Like teams so green I almost feel bad killing them.

Either that or <puts on tinfoil hat> a lot of people are playing, but just flat out aren't even trying, or throwing.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,409

"well I never play Blight, but the rift challenge shouldn't be too hard. MMR will give me average survivors since I never play him and hardly play killer in general..."

Between this and solo queue, idk if I want to bother trying anymore.