I watched the entire Behaviour Beyond 2022 Stream so you don't have to

GoodBoyKaru
GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

important- please read

If you're here just for the DBD bits, search for the phrase "Dead By Daylight". The only times I've used that over "DBD" is when something DBD-related is mentioned, so you should find it just fine.

May I please request that people do not use the quote feature on this post, nor should they paste it's link to these forums in any form other than a hyperlink, because if you do you'll get a rich post error and nobody wants those. Your comment will be lost to space time and all of your hard work will be yeeted so let me repeat do not use the quote feature on this post nor paste it's link to these forums.

These are the DBD Forums, not the Meet Your Maker Forums, so I will not be summarising the 40 minute long gameplay segment of the Stream. I have, however, linked it within the post if people wish to watch for themselves.

introduction

With that all out the way- hi! I'm GoodBoyKaru (GBK for short) and I'm here today to give you guys an in-depth summary of the Behaviour Beyond 2022 Stream, an event dedicated to celebrating Behaviour Interactive's upcoming projects.

Good news! There's no exams this time round, so I can actually focus on getting this out there without my hair turning grey from the stress.

Full disclosure: expect edits over the next couple of days as I catch onto things since normally I get these finished at like 2am and then go straight to bed without properly proof reading it. Alternatively I'll just delete it all and replace it with a gif of a donkey. Hi Mandy :)

This Stream is from 3rd August 2022. For the previous DBD-related Stream, this being the 6th Anniversary Stream, check the pinned comments or, if it's been removed, this hyperlink.

disclaimer

The following contains official information, unofficially worded. Unless it's in quotation marks ("like this") please do not look too far into the wording of a particular anything. That would be my bad in getting something lost in translation, not the bad of the developers. Thanks!

Please note I will try my best to stay as true as possible to all information said on-stream, however, and apply more context where needed, or just add in my own opinion or jokes which will only be in italics if it's close to more official developer information.

This is my first time summarising anything outside of DBD, so I hope everyone enjoys and can find this informative and useful to refer back to!

Remember, this is a summary. For the full experience, please check out the stream, which can be found below:

featured

Featured on this Stream, in order, were:

Carla Rylance, Head of External Production

Natalie Puchalski, Lead Community Manager of DBD (@DeathByGiggles)

Ash Pannell, Creative Director of Meet Your Maker.

Francis Elphick, Creative Director of Jurassic World: Primal Ops

Tink Leguiader, Team Lead Programmer of Jurassic World: Primal Ops

Elyse Beaudry, Project Manager of Jurassic World: Primal Ops

Alexandre Cournoyer, Team Lead Artist of Jurassic World: Primal Ops

Elyot Grant, CEO and Game Director of Lunarch Studios

Mathieu Côté, Head of Partnerships of BHVR (@mcote, @Mcote_BHVR)

Dave Richard, Creative DIrector of DBD (@Dave)

where to watch

No Twitch VOD this time, so we simply have a YouTube video to go with. You can find this one here:

With that all out the way, here is the entire Behaviour Beyond 2022 Stream, summarised nice and neatly for you.

introduction

We're joined firstly by Carla and Natalie, who'll be our hosts for the showcase. This is the debut showcase event of BHVR, and it's also their 30 year anniversary, which is pretty impressive. Since 1992, BHVR has gone on to become Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, collaborating on well known and well loved franchises, including Halo, Gears V, and Assassin's Creed Rebellion.

But let's face it, most everyone here knows them best for DBD, an original title which has just turned 6, and has no plans of slowing down soon. Neither does BHVR as a whole, and they'd like to take today to have a look at some key upcoming titles from them.

On the roster for today: an open world, multiplayer puzzle game; a brawler where you utilise gravity itself; the newly released Jurassic World: Primal Ops (a mobile game); an update on the new Hooked On You: A Dead By Daylight Dating Sim (Steam only); and to finish it off, a teaser for the next DBD Chapter: Dead By Daylight: Resident Evil: PROJECT W. That's a mouthful.

meet your maker | Build : Raid : upgrade

Meet Your Maker is the next major release from BHVR, and is a mixture of creativity, strategy, and action in a way never-before seen.

Here's the official trailer, to begin with.

Joining us for the first part of this is Ash, who's here to give an overview of the gameplay and break down just how it was designed to be what it is. Moreover, you can sign up for the closed playtest right now, or wishlist it later, here. The playtest begins August 23rd and, regardless on if you're selected or not, everyone who registers will receive an in-game exclusive cosmetic reward.

Meet Your Maker is a post-apocalyptic building and raiding game, featuring user-generated content that you'll need to conquer to progress. Set in a dying world, you play as a servant to the Chimera, a living experiment created as a last resort to save all life on Earth. The Chimera is a higher form of consciousness, and the true key to humanity's salvation, and it is waht runs the Sanctuary- your home and save haven in this terrible world. To help it evolve, you'll need to provide it with the most coveted resource in this futuristic wasteland: Pure Genetic Material (PGM).

The gameplay revolves around the creation and infiltration of levels called Outposts. They are what extract and protect your PGM, and if you aren't creating an Outpost to gather your own, you'll be breaking into other people's to steal theirs. Building and raiding are played entirely in first person and asynchronously, meaning you can decide how much time you want to dedicated to either role, and can freely switch between them.

Creating an Outpost is all about strategic design. You'll need to use every brutal tool at your disposal to lure, outwit, and kill other players; creating elaborate death traps to ensure your PGM is protected at any cost. The goal when building is to make the player feel like a true mastermind- each trap and guard can be modified with a series of augments to allow you to tweak everything, from the speed and range of traps to the armour and patrol path of guards. All the while, you're able to customise your Outpost for even more personalisation, ensuring some truly unique architecture. You never have to commit to a final design, either. Building is iterative- you can make it up as you go along, and can return whenever you wish to level up or re-design improve your Outposts.

Raiding, meanwhile, is about challenging yourself to survive these Outposts created by others. You'll need to be able to react quickly and truly get into the creator's head to overcome their challenges- but be prepared to die. You'll be dying, and dying a lot; in order to succeed, you'll have to adapt your strategy and gear upon the Outpost you're raiding. Different weapons have different uses- some can destroy armour, and others can deflect projectiles, all the time a grappling hook is on-hand to give you the additional mobility needed to get out of difficult situations, or get in with the enemies.

Between each gameplay session, you'll have a chance to return to the Sanctuary to upgrade the Chimera (or any of your other trustworthy advisors), and in the process unlock powerful new building and raiding gear.

Of course, you'll also be able to share your Outpost with friends and communities- what's the point in designing a death trap if you can't show anyone, after all. And don't worry- you can also watch them die over and over via the replay camera.

For the gameplay segment of the Stream, watch below:

jurassic world: primal ops

On June 10th 2022, Jurassic World Dominion topped the global box office. Now, the story of this world continues within Jurassic World: Primal Ops, the new action-adventure mobile game from BHVR, Universal Games, and Digital Platforms.

For this section of the stream, we are joined by Francis, Tink, Elyse, and Alexandre.

Jurassic World: Primal Ops is an addition to the Jurassic World gaming universe, and is the first action-adventure game in that space for mobile. It's a top-down game where you team up with dinosaurs against poachers. Crazy, I know.

The game features a bunch of dinosaurs you can collect, dinosaurs which fans of the series will be well-aquainted with from either the games or movies. When iconic dinosaur companions come stomping through, it can create some unforgettable moments, especially when combined with the destructable assets and environment within the game world. Everything must be destructable, and even though it was said it couldn't be done, it's in there.

Download now (if you're interested) on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.

hooked on you: a dead by daylight dating sim

This section of the Stream is narrated by Carla and Natalie.

I don't think it's news to anyone now, but the reveal of Hooked On You back in May came out of left field (I should know, I was writing the summary and had to read the comments). Well, since then, we've had communication from the team via their Twitter account, and it's been available on Steam to wishlist for a month or two now.

For those who have been eagerly awaiting this reveal, then good news! Hooked On You has officially released, today! It's available exclusively on Steam, and comes with a complimentary outfit for Jake Park and a Charm for use in DBD.

It features choice-based dialogue, minigames, and multiple endings (as well as, you know, Trapper's massive [REDACTED]).

Check out the trailer below:

You can purchase the game below; It costs £6.99, or around US$10/10€.:

Flippin' Misfits

This section of the Stream is also narrated by Carla and Natalie.

Moving from the beach to the far reaches of Outer Space, is a brawler game where the rules of gravity are yours to manipulate.

Check out the trailer below:

Flippin' Misfits will be available on Steam in September. There's potential for a console release in the future, though everything surrounding this is speculation and likely revolves around how well it does on PC.

project s.

This section of the stream involves Elyot,

Clearly, BHVR is making a lot of in-house games these days. But that doesn't mean collaborations are stopping- oh no. Project S (there isn't an official name yet) is made in a partnership with Lunarch Studios, and is an open-world puzzle game built around exploration and curiosity. It's aiming to distill the elation of finally discovering a hard-to-find answer into it's pureist form, inviting players into a breathtaking open world.

For the official teaser trailer, see below:

The game takes place in a world of floating islands and anxient architecture, which you and your fellow explorers can discover in a multitude of solo or multiplayer game modes. Puzzles and challenges are embedded within the landscape, and all the while you can complete quests, explore, and learn more about the origin and fate of where you are.

You can wishlist the game now on Steam, and even sign up for a chance to take part in the closed playtest:

Project S is scheduled to release during 2023.

dead by daylight: resident evil: project w

For this section of the Stream, we once more have Carla and Natalie, as well as Mathieu and Dave.

Yes, I know that's what most people are here for. Don't worry, it's finally time.

It's been little over a yaer since Dead By Daylight released it's biggest crossover yet: Dead By Daylight: Resident Evil. This update broke records (for reasons good and bad) and introduced 3 new characters (Leon S Kennedy, Jill Valentine, The Nemesis) as well as 1 new map (Raccoon City Police Station). This summer, the legacy continues, with Dead By Daylight: Resident Evil: PROJECT W being the second chapter dedicated to the franchise, and the first Chapter from a franchise which already has dedicated content within the game.

With this new chapter, the goal was to dig deeper within the characters of Resident Evil, as well as to add some much-needed adjustments to the Raccoon City Police Station Map.

Check out the trailer of this Chapter below:

As you can see, Dead By Daylight: Resident Evil: PROJECT W once again comes with two new survivors- Rebecca Chambers and Ada Wong- as well as one new killer- the legendary Albert Wesker (featuring voice acting from not-D.C.Douglass, but most likely the new voice actor for Wesker in the upcoming RE4make).

As is the usual, all new characters come with 3 unique perks which can be unlocked on other survivors through levelling them up, or through the Shrine of Secrets.

While we don't know exacts on the perks and powers yet, we do know that Wesker will utilise the Uroboros virus to dash at an incredibly speed and collide with survivors, tackling, throwing, injuring, or instantly picking them up, depending on the situation, not to mention infecting them with Uroboros, making them slower and so much easier to catch.

Also coming with this release is an update to RPD. The team has worked hard to ensure it remains enjoyable while staying true to the overall feel and design of the Resident Evil location. From the release of this chapter, RPD will be split into two separate maps, built around the West Wing and the East Wing. The main hall will, naturally, remain in both, but this new layout will ensure that both variations will be smaller than the original. Moreover, additional access to the exterior sections, and more opened pathways should help improve general gameplay flow, and corridoors and rooms have increased space to make it more breathable and enable better gameplay and chases. Finally, other QOL improvements, such as a reduced amount of dead ends, have also been added, and all changes will naturally be available for free for all DBD players.

For any new Steam players, the Dead By Daylight: Resident Evil Collaboration Bundle will be releasing, featuring the original Resident Evil chapter, as well as Dead By Daylight: Resident Evil: PROJECT W.

Stay tuned for the PTB announcement, and of course the official release date of Dead By Daylight: Resident Evil: PROEJCT W.

closing comments

To close up the Stream, we have some closing comments from Carla and Natalie.

• Hooked On You and Jurassic World: Primal Ops are available right now to play.
  • Flippin' Misfits and Dead By Daylight: Resident Evil: PROJECT W are both right around the corner, with the PTB for PROJECT W being released Soon™.
  • Project S will be releasing in 2023.
  • Meet Your Maker will also be releasing in 2023. Head over to the website to sign up for the closed playtest.

The team thanks you for joining their first ever Behaviour Beyond Stream.

I manually typed out Dead By Daylight: Resident Evil: PROJECT W out of spite each time it's mentioned.

Comments