What's Your Biggest "Oops" Moment In Dbd

Mekochi
Mekochi Member Posts: 942

Just accidentally had one, was on Garden of Joy and EGC was happening, didn't realize Yun-Jin was healing Claudette where she was unhooked and accidentally led Dredge over. The Claudette was thankfully healed though by the time she got hit again, felt terrible.

Comments

• Bjario
    Bjario Member Posts: 313

When you wait by the exit gates when suddently the killer pulls Blood Warden out of their sleeve. Oops!

• Mekochi

Nother oopsie, Oni was in demon rush, my frames dropped when he was running at me and he teleported to my direction and I got murked lmao

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,592

Mine was a while ago. Unhooking a survivor was immediately followed by a "mori" and my "Ooooooh ####".

The killer had managed to hide he had Devour Hope and I just gave him the nuclear option.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

I have done this multiple times, go to protect an injured teammate while they head for an open gate just to get hit with NOED...

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 922

When I threw a pebble to bait the killer away from me. I ended up leading the killer to the exact spot of another survivor.

• CodeDB
    CodeDB Member Posts: 272

Had a challenge to hook people in the basement when I was playing Meyers. Got my stalk 99ed and downed an Ace pretty early in the match who I got in basement. Patrolled the nearby gens but remained nearby to get make sure I was close enough to get to the basement. Catch a David going for the unhook and make my way downstairs. Pop my Tier III as they unhook and I try to lunge at David but Ace moves in for the body block.

Completely forgot I had Tombstone Piece on still. Straight up killed Ace right off the hook.

I felt so terrible and they were console so I couldn't even apologize if they happened to stick around. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436

Wasn't any one moment in a match, it was a match where I couldn't literally do anything right. Stuff like: Mind gaming myself back right into the killers grill during loops. Getting yanked off the hook trying to save people TWICE. On the final gen I missed 5-6 skill checks when it was like at 90% when my buddy was on the gen with me. The killer to his credit only hooked me twice and kept letting my teammates get me off the ground. I was at Red rank when this happened and the killer DM me after the match and said " I literally thought you were R20". It was humbling/funny both and may friends still bring it up from time to time.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

Blinding myself and another survivor with my flash grenade....

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190

I once fell for a "farming" Bubba....and just Bubba, but Bubba before his 4.1.0 rework. Even made a thread with a poll about it on the forum.

Personally, I thought it was a really clever play on his part, especially when up against the ropes, ( and back then - before 4.1.0 - that poor, poor child wasn't just against the ropes, he was practically a punching bag) but I will never forget how salty the other survivors were in the post-game chat, and that thing had no filter back then.

Those were some crazy times back then...the way it felt to see a secret offering in pre-match, which 95/100 time meant you'd be going up against an Ebony Mori, only to learn a few moments later that your killer also happens to be an Iri-Head Huntress on a warpath and getting gone in 60 seconds. Commodius toolboxes having 180 charges at +50% speed bonus, allowing one survivor with Commodius+BNP+swivels(+35%) to actually be more efficient than 3 survivors working on a single gen today. Welp, there once was a time when this game was at the cutting edge and practically single-handedly advancing the science of broken game design. Anyone remember "The Hills Have Eyes" event, which ended up lasting for a month and a half all the way until the next update?

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

I was playing on PC but with a controller and it ran outta battery midchase.

Always check your batteries, my friends.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

One that comes to mind is I was down to the last survivor alive (I don't remember which killer I was, might have been Doctor?) and on The Game. I found them, they were injured, and I'm chasing them on the upper level and OOPS accidentally fell down a hole midchase. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ By the time I got back on their trails they finished opening a door and got out.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

I queued in as Twins before. I guess that counts right?

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,966
    edited August 2022

an oops moment for myself

stunning a legion who had nemesis and rancor and like 3 seconds after the final gen was done I stunned him and got rancored immediately

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,966

Oh yes I've had batteries die mid run to unhook someone and then the batteries died and they died lol

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I main Trapper

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

I installed DbD

• Owlman98
    Owlman98 Member Posts: 3

Trying to look cool at the exit gate as a trickster kept missing his knives.... I forgot he could just bonk me over the head with his bat. I was hooked that game lmao. I also refuse to get caught in bloodwarden again, if some melon opens the gate and someone goes down then I am leaving regardless

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Was being chased by a Wraith. I could see the shack not far from me, and thought "Hey, I could try and loop him at shack!".

There were two people healing there.

... I did not know that.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,160

Doing chases as Plague, thinking it was bugged as I couldn't infect them, only to realise at the end I forgot to remove the Prayer Tablet Fragment.

• BringShaggytoDBD
    BringShaggytoDBD Member Posts: 412

Funniest oops moments are when I try and go for a body block save, but instead end up getting in my team mates way causing them to go down.

My other oops moment is when I pull a pallet and end up on the wrong side of it.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Long time ago but i played a match as Legion and i was doing terrible

I just lost survivors left and right. They all just suddenly dissapear into smoke

Halfway through the match suddenly realised i had my headphones on backwards so when i heard survivors on my left they were actually on my right.

Felt a bit silly

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

I had a opps moment....I never tunnel off hook because that's just not fun I always go for the unhooker unless the one that got unhooked used BT to body block lol but back to the story......

I hooked a Nea and walked away to find another survivor when she got unhooked I turn and follow the scratch marks. I lost them both around a jungle gym. As I was looking around I heard running so I quickly rounded the corner and swung my blade.....I downed the Nea by mistake.....I bowed a few times as a I'm sorry and picked her up to let her wiggle off....when she did I bowed a few more times as she pointed to a corner for me to face for being a bad Killer ....

After that we farmed each other the rest of the match.

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

I got double teamed by Nemi's zombies in the corn. I was trying to bait him away from camping a hook in end game, but then i turned around and got a good ol' one two punch by zombie 1 and 2. I then died because I went down and my teammates just left instead of trying to save me (first hook too).

I just had a game last night where an Oni had Floods of Rage and I hid in a corner of a bush in a tile on Dead Dawg thinking he would just check the gates (since I just finished a gen next to a gate). I got smacked and died.

• Slingshot47
    Slingshot47 Member Posts: 158

I have two.

The first was on the Rotton Fields against a wraith. Me and another survivor went to rescue someone from the basement, and as we were coming out, our 4th teammate set off Haunted Ground. All three of us died right then and there. Coincidentally, I was working on that totem earlier and would have gotten it out of the way sooner had that same teammate not led the killer right to me.

The second was on the Game while I was playing Huntress. I had downed a David w/ No Mither right above a small hole. I didn't see him and ended up falling down trying to look for him, when he was just barely on the top floor the entire time. The kicker? When I realized that he'd picked himself up, I reloaded my hatchets and rounded the corner with a hatchet ready. He was still there, so I just downed him again. It was almost a good play...

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,201

Teabagged over the hatch in a game against Deathslinger.

• Mekochi

Had an almost similar experience to that, was on Rotten Fields (meat tree ver.) killer was Bubba. So one of our teammates goes down near shack and gets hooked in basement, he wasn't camping, so my ballsy ass goes for the save. Low and behold, Steve had the same idea. I unhook the Haddie and Bubba is coming back, and I just feel my heart drop. So there's three people in the basement, and Bubba is on his way back chainsaw revving. Well when we all skedaddled out of basement, I nearly sandbagged the freshly unhooked Haddie.

Thankfully, almost everyone managed to get out, rest in peace Steve, we would have gotten you off hook, but Bubba was facecamping and we all were injured, even if we tried, we would be chainsawed. Your sacrifice was not in vain, love ya man.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

Everyone was in basement and I was the first one out. I was on the stairs and my co troller disconnected blocking everyone in, which then the Bubba came and ate us

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

I was playing against an insidious camping Billy on Midwich once, but rather than facecamping heโ€™d stand at the end of the hallway and chainsaw all the way to the hook as soon as an unhook happened. I had music on so I couldnโ€™t really hear him charging his power that well, and you can imagine my reaction when I turned around after unhooking a Dwight only to see an angry man with a chainsaw charging at me.

• CrimsonMothKing
    CrimsonMothKing Member Posts: 414

Biggest woops moment, trying to body block nemesis from hitting Steve. I crouch to block him from outside FoV, he had his tentacle out. He whips. Tentacle hits Steve. Steve mori'd on spot.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Basically all of my oops moments involve Haunted Grounds, the most embarrassing one was against a Wraith

i cleansed it right as the Wraith was walking past, he uncloaked, slowly turned towards me, and then downed me, i just stood there and accepted my fate

we laughed about it in post-game chat because it was easily the funniest Haunted Grounds moment i had, but i was holding my head in my hands when i realised the Wraith was right there

• drsoontm

I've just remembered an "oops" moment that I expect many of us went through.

A few months ago, following the tutorial update, every builds was cleared and I went into several matches without a build ready.

The first time, I felt something was missing on the screen, I just couldn't put my finger on what.

For the next few days, several killer and survivor games were started without a build (yeah, I can be a bit absent-minded sometimes)

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,884
    edited August 2022

Not sure if I could pick one, but it would probably involve getting Blood Warden-ed

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

Deciding it was a good time to do my Adept killer challenge, with zero add-ons and combining it with the (old) Orange Glyph ๐Ÿ˜…

• drsoontm
  • CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 616

Had a pretty bad oops moment the other day. Artist was chasing me through RPD, and I ran past Feng Min who was healing herself. (I didn't know she was there.) Then Artist downed her. She was on death hook, too.

#feelsbadman

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

Wraith and no I did not, went against a very good swf on Suffocation Pit ๐Ÿ˜Œ

• PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 491

Trapper walking into your own trap. There isn't. Bigger "ooph" moment.